IGNORED

Thai's fight tourists

nightlyf

im thinking there was a far amount of blood spilt after that clip ended.Did you hear at the end the aussie camera man calling the lad in the yellow t-shirt a dirty cunt.....som nam nmar!!!!!

Without a family a rich man is very poor

im thinking there was a far amount of blood spilt after that clip ended.Did you hear at the end the aussie camera man calling the lad in the yellow t-shirt a dirty cunt.....som nam nmar!!!!!

I think he called him that because of the way he sneaked up behind the bloke being attacked and kicked him in the back. From what i can gather, its the only way the Thai's know how to fight...dirty and in packs. Maybe the bloke deserved a hiding though, would like to know some more info on this.

Does the OP know anymore ?

i emailed the guy that posted this on youtube and this was his response.

Hey there,

Surprisingly, that was the end of it. There was some trash talking but that's about it. It started off with one of the guys being kicked in the head though. Although, luckily he was able to get his hands up to block most of the shot. No serious injuries from what I know. I was in Family Mart buying more batteries for my camera and the guy in the yellow shirt was in there as well .. pretty much immediately after I had stopped recording. Security came, but no ambulances or anything ..

I'm not too sure what started it but those thai guys, they're on Bangla Rd. every night promoting "ping pong shows" .. My guess is that the drunk tourists did something to offend them because from my experience, if you're not interested, you simply walk by or shake your head and you're on your way..

It's nice of you to inquire about the safety of the tourists though. :Drunk_Party:

Take Care..

From what i can gather, its the only way the Thai's know how to fight...dirty and in packs.

Absolutely correct.

yep, if you wanna fight a thai, make sure there are loads of you and you cover your angles, cos theyll sneak up on you and in an instant.

lads who the fight is nothing to do with with get a sneaky kick in, they dont punch - they elbow .a kick allows your distance and muscular leg power makes the impact stronger than an average punch.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Guess it's a small world because I just happen to check the sites linking this video today and found this thread. I was filming the video and am already a member of this board. If you have any questions, ask away..

hi MuayThaiGuy, i started this thread, i also emailed you asking what else happened and i psoted your response.

See above posts.

cheers!!!

yer the thai man is a dirty cunt sneaking up from behind etc and running away etc

Yea, I noticed that you posted my response..

Again, thanks for the concern .. nice to see that you show an interest in the safety of people you don't even know ..

Says a lot about your character...

In America we have this thing when if two people start fighting we typically back away and let them go at it. Though of course some people fight in packs. It seems Thai's are the same unless they are fighting a Farang then it's always every available Thai against the Farang! It might be a dirty way to play but it is unlikely to change anytime soon. The above video is a situation you never want to be in, could quickly result in death.

Edited by ginseng

I've seen so many drunks come close to this, but the Thais always show restraint. I think it takes some pushing to get them to react like this.

All the best,

jH

was that a fight? they didnt seem like Muay Thai guys- looked like nervous ballet kicks to me.

ive seen Muay Thai guys fight and trust me, that aint it.

wonder what they did to piss them off. i never had an issue with a thai guy.

I find that the Thai's are a lot more reserved than the guys in America/Canada. Sure, they can lose their temper - we all can. But when they do, it's almost as if they're ashamed of their actions after. I don't know if it's a Buddist thing or what.

Here in Canada I work security at a nightclub so I'm always seeing stupid fights that originate over the most random of reasons. Accidental bump on the dance floor, giving someone the wrong look, checking out another guys girlfriend etc..

I find that the guys here have bigger ego's for some reason and are quicker to start fights although 90% of them .. DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIGHT!..

Where as the Thai's, most of them have been boxing since they're 8yrs old but they exercise much more self restraint. Accidentally bump into a Thai at the bar and they usually just put their hands together and give a lil' bow .. very respectful ..

There are always exceptions but I found the Thai's to be a very peaceful group.

In this particular case, although I didn't see how the fight started, my guess is that it was the DRUNK foreigners who started and not the Thai's who were WORKING ..

Just my 2 cents..

• 1 month later...

It's true that your average Thai in the street will only bother you if you bother them. But the ping pong blokes, blokes outside go go's etc don't fall into this category. They're not average Thais. And, as has been said, hunting in a pack etc is typical Thai style. Check the aggro scenes in the Thai soap operas: 2 motos pull up, 5 blokes jump off, set on 1 guy. I like the balls on the aussie bloke at the end calling the bloke a cunt. quality. I saw the same thing on walking st in december. i always wonder what sets this off. of course the tourist police were sitting chatting to women and eating food (as they were nearly every time i passed)

yer the thai man is a dirty cunt sneaking up from behind etc and running away etc

I've noticed that manye people in LOS can talk the talk, but not walk the walk. I wonder why the farang gets some beating? BTW: My mom used to slap me harder. :P Buncha pussies...

Only fight the Thais if you’re Japanese and happen to have your army with you.

Then they will be your best friends and let you fuck all there lady’s for free

I've been around people who can't seem to show common respect when they are drunk as judgement is the very first thing that is affected from drinking...

The Aussie's probably had this coming....

Eat. Down. South.

• 8 months later...

Some thai dudes on Bangla Rd. especially love fighting farangs. I almost got my head pulverised by a large glass chang bottle flying past my head, missing by about 5cm. It was a motorbike taxi bloke who threw it.. pissed that i didn't think his coke was good... lol.. this was at about 4-5am by Soi foodland... just round the corner from Bangla where i first spoke to the dude. He seemed alright but apparently had a lot of anger to vent

Happens on an hourly basis anywhere in the world, lads fighting lads.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I have been down that shit hole of a street many times ,people down that street get in your face all the time , if you are there a few weeks , After a while they start to piss you off, its very hard not to react instinctivly when some arse hole keeps sticking thing in your face . maybe thats how it started, they are very confrontational. I have found that Phuket is a place you go for a few days then leave, They seem to have a diffrent attitude than the people in the north.Its things like this thats killing Thailand ,