IGNORED

Some advice needed - which accomodation?

Slift

Hey guys,

just planning my 4 weeks trip from April till May next year.

1st week: BKK (Landmark or Fraser Suites)

2nd week: Koh Samui (Beach Villa at Bang po beach)

3rd + 4th week: Pattaya

So I'll need a good adivce for the 15-16 nights (late flight) in Pattaya.

In the last weeks I red nearly every review on Agoda or booking. So this are my favs at the moment:

Holiday Inn, Standard ocean view (con: location)

Baboona Beachfront Living, Deluxe seaview (con: no pool)

Pattaya Discovery Beach, Superior or Deluxe chic tower (con: maybe joinerfee)

LK Empress, Deluxe beachfront (con: nothing, maybe price?!)

VT6, 1 Bedroom condo 13th floor Walking Street side (con: 10k secruity deposit)

August Suites, Deluxe room (con: not at beach rd.)

Any other "must stay" places?

I would appreciate any suggestions, so thanks in advance

Lukas

VT6 easy winner but ive never heard of or paid a 10K deposit before.

I had a quiet long discussion with them about the 10k deposit. The result is; no deposit, no room.

They told me also, that they usually charge a deposit of 2-3 month rents.

Cash in the their office or bank transfer only. If I'll take it, a friend brings it to the office.

Any other suggestions at or near beach rd. with a view like that ?

On my first trips i used to stay in the Baboona hotel and i liked it a lot.

The beach view is amazing...if u stay there book a deluxe room on 6floor...

They also have a small spa with very goodmassage service...

On the other side thay dont have a pool if thats important to u...

Baboona is nice. Very close to Soi 6 adventures but a bit of a haul back from Walking Street at night....

Don't stay in some large hotel...it just aint Pattaya

VT6 rooms have brilliant views if on WS side. Location is very good.

Might consider booking one place then winging it for the rest.

Baboona looks nice also...

...VT6 would be 50k,

Empress 46k

Baboona 30k

and AS 20-30k for 16 nights.

Can't decide.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and REALLY liked it.  Very GF, no issues bringing back multiple girls (on multiple occasions); top notch room; good view/balcony; GREAT infinity pool.

BUT besides the location issue (can be a hassle getting back from WS -- baht bus didn't want to make the turn from Second Road back onto Beach Road a number of times, which was just a shakedown for 10 more baht), I am pretty sure that they charge for in-room wifi access.  IIRC, wifi is free in the lobby and at the pool, but not in your room.

I have Platinum status with the frequent guest program, so I get in-room wifi for free, but many others are quite offended by hotels that charge for wifi.

I'd stay there again (and may at some future date).

I've heard nothing but good things about VT6, although I have never stayed there.  Just be sure to add in the cost of maid service to the anticipated rental price.  

I hate to throw even more options in, but is there a reason why the "Soi 10 area" hotels (Page 10, SeaMe Springs, SeaMe Springs Too, The Stay) aren't on your list?  I loved the location, the rooms at SeaMe were great IMHO and the other hotels seem to get favorable reviews from BMs.  If I'm not staying on hotel points, I'll be looking at either one of those 4 hotels or VT6.

He didn't mention any of the hotels either in Soi Diana - Areca Lodge (evergreen wing), LK Renaissance, LK Metrolpole, No seaviews but a short stroll to LK Metro, Soi Honey/Buakaow for massage joints :)

Personally I don't care about the view from the hotel, as long as it is quiet and in a good location. I don't go to Patts for the seaview :)

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Sea Me Spring (Too) hotel was on my list, but it's nearly impossible to get a room, sadly.

"We are sorry but Sea Me Spring hotel has no rooms available for your selected dates".

Can't imagine its fully booked for May already.

Usually I dont care what view I get, but this time, Beach Road would be great.

Just a luxury I'm willing to pay for.

Sea Me Spring (Too) Hotel was on my list, but it's nearly impossible to get a room, sadly.

"We are sorry but Sea Me Spring Hotel has no rooms available for your selected dates".

Can't imagine its fully booked for May already.

Usually I dont care what view I get, but this time, Beach Road would be great.

Just a luxury I'm willing to pay for.

Hi Mate I can 100% recommend the Empress...nice rooms, classy place, rooftop pool, GF, good breakfasts and a TOP location (BR/soi12). I stay there in low season (under 2k pn)..high season too expensive for me.

Still dunno which one I should take. Flight, Samui & BKK and Taxi are firmly booked already.

Only hotel in Pattaya left.

Sea me spring sadly isn't up to date, not possible to book.

VT6 & Holiday Inn are sidelined.

Two weeks in Pattaya - mix up the accommodation a bit.

You don't say if you are staying alone.

LK Metro - Areca Lodge. Many BMs love this place.  ( I never stay LK )

I agree that LK Empress on Beach Road is a damn fine location. Perfect for May.

Nova Platinum is another nice hotel very close to WS and baht bus to everywhere.  Great pool

Residence Garden - I stay here - huge 1 bedrooms for 1500 a night. Great for trips down to Jomtien beach daytime and Pattaya nights. 

Areca - LK Empress - Residence Garden or Nova Platinum, problem solved.

If you want a hidden gem - Roof Garden Inn, just up from Res Garden.  800B a night for deluxe with balcony. Small but good.

There are also some nice beach view guest houses down at Jomtien....

All in all I would book the first week then leave the rest open.

• 4 weeks later...

Got to stump up for a Junior Suite at the Page 10 hotel on Soi 10, staff are great, nice pool on the roof, GF and central. 

Countdown Clocks

Areca has rule, no 18 or 19 year old girls... also charges extra for second girl...

I prefer VT6, no guest rule bullshit, great views...  and ya I like to have the view!!!

DSCN0397.JPG

Trouble with condos or similar is that you don't have a maid service on tap, your bed linen may never be changed (or perhaps only weekly) or you have to wait in for the maids to come and towels are not replenished / more towels are not available on demand.

Landmark in Bangkok is pants compared, say to the JW Marriott. Far better at the Sheraton or Westin if on the Suk. I prefer the JW.

In Pattaya I usually book a room a couple nights and then get there and move to another one but it can be harder during high season I guess. I use to stay at the LK Renaissance a lot but the last night the front desk just was so rude I swore I wouldn't stay there anymore so will be looking for a new place also. The only other hotels I stayed at is The Hilton and Siam Bayshore. When in BKK I always stay at the Landmark too and love that hotel and location!

Bayshore welcomes guests like the plague and hits up with Bt1000 or so fees.

Oh no I wasn't saying stay there I just meant the only other hotels I stayed at besides LK was Bayshore and Hilton. I stayed at Bayshore the first time I went to Pattaya and they let me bring someone back but I had to pay fee. Then after that is was hit and miss if they charged me or not but after 5 nights I moved. I need to find me a new hotel also.

Trouble with condos or similar is that you don't have a maid service on tap, your bed linen may never be changed (or perhaps only weekly) or you have to wait in for the maids to come and towels are not replenished / more towels are not available on demand.

Landmark in Bangkok is pants compared, say to the JW Marriott. Far better at the Sheraton or Westin if on the Suk. I prefer the JW.

The VT6 agency I use includes daily maid service, some others do charge extra for it...  My experience of VT6 is just like a hotel, but at a much better price...  No issues with towels or linens at all...

Hi;

I'm new to Pattaya. New to the Forum - so please excuse my stupid query.

We plan to be at Pattaya in mid-march and have selected Areca Lodge, which we will book (probably through this forum - after we know it is safe).

Question: If we book double room and bring back multiple TG throughout the day/night, how does the Areca Management behave (We will never have more than double occupancy). I remember being charged 800 THB at  Bkk twice in the same night for bringing in two TGs. Bad experience.

Can any advanced member help me out please. :GoldenSmile1:

My First Trip Report  - A Pattaya TR from a non-Farang Perspective

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

I wont pay Bahts for the pleasure

- that I'll give back in equal measure

But next morning when the deed is done

Take your Bahts ... and be up and gone !!

Areca will not let 18 and 19 year old girls in.

Areca charges extra for more than one girl... 500 baht I think but someone else can verify...

Your short list is way above my level, in price that is, and if there is going to be plenty of girl traffic to and from your room there are loads of clean, comfortable, safe hotels that are completely girl friendly, with zero extra charges, way further down the list than your preferential lofty abodes that are priced not at what they are worth, but what they think people will pay.

Archived