Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Some advice needed - which accomodation?

Slift

Thanks for the reply, Daddee. I did a couple of hours research and booked myself at "Flipper House". Guess that should be okay - and I put in a request to book in C-Wing, upper floor. The direct booking link from the hotel popped up some "unsafe site" message.

Being a member of bkktonite, I know a little bit how the forums needs a bit of cash to run. I'm not rich enough to contribute - but for sure, if they get some commission from my normal activities, I'd be glad to support. So I tried to book via the links here at Agoda - but I reaffirmed my old idea - that Agoda is a useless site. Too damn slow and too many bad reviews. May I suggest to the forum to tie-up with some better provider.

Really look forward to my short visit in March. Meanwhile, let me do some more research about how the time can be utilised best.

BTW: What's all this bunkum about posting X times before becoming an advanced member. There should be a short cut somewhere... :Think1:

My First Trip Report  - A Pattaya TR from a non-Farang Perspective

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

I wont pay Bahts for the pleasure

- that I'll give back in equal measure

But next morning when the deed is done

Take your Bahts ... and be up and gone !!

I have stayed at Flipper Lodge twice and the second time had to spend one night in a room that I didn't care for before they moved me to a renovated room with a safe...  great stay after that... first stay started in a renovated room...  

I love Agoda, and use it all the time, sorry you don't have the same level of satisfaction I do!

It is owned by Priceline, which I use extensively for travel in the USA...

• 2 weeks later...

Know what, Daddee...

I booked Flipper via booking.com, without realising that this site has a tie-up with them.

This is what happens when we put all our eggs in the same basket. We advertise Agoda everywhere, and lose in the process. Even if Agoda pays for their ads - there should be some link to booking.com that is easily catchable (since every click to this has a chance of getting some money for the forum). Makes business sense. I do not think Agoda will object as I heard they are both from the same group.

I'll remember next time.

My First Trip Report  - A Pattaya TR from a non-Farang Perspective

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

I wont pay Bahts for the pleasure

- that I'll give back in equal measure

But next morning when the deed is done

Take your Bahts ... and be up and gone !!

Baboona looks nice also...

...VT6 would be 50k,

Empress 46k

Baboona 30k

and AS 20-30k for 16 nights.

Can't decide.

Why 1 bedroom at VT6 for 50k.There are many studios 48 sq.m.(bigger than hotel rooms)with a superb views,kitchenette,

Pool,big balconies,big LED TV's with over 150 channels(90% English speaking) for around 2000 b.

Why 1 bedroom at VT6 for 50k.There are many studios 48 sq.m.(bigger than hotel rooms)with a superb views,kitchenette,

Pool,big balconies,big LED TV's with over 150 channels(90% English speaking) for around 2000 b.

exactly right, I am sitting in one now, paying around 60 a night...

Anyway VT6 is nice, but out of the race. I don't want to pay 10k security deposit for the room I would like to have.

This are the options at the moment:

SC Palace (new, not open yet)

Dusit D2

Page 10

Seven Zea Chic

LK Empress

But I'll wait till I have the prices from the new hotel.

Anyway VT6 is nice, but out of the race. I don't want to pay 10k security deposit for the room I would like to have.

This are the options at the moment:

SC Palace (new, not open yet)

Dusit D2

Page 10

Seven Zea Chic

LK Empress

But I'll wait till I have the prices from the new hotel.

Honey only charged me 2000 deposit

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Honey only charged me 2000 deposit

DW only charged me zero deposit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always stay in flipper house soi7 new build just up maybe 2 years good rooms swimming pool on roof and right in pussy plaza not to far to roll and a massage shop inside with room service spot on

DW only charged me zero deposit :)<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<br /><br />correct, they only charge around 8000 non refundable prepayment (or call it deposit on reservation to be used for payment when you arrive. <br /><br />all the same<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

That would be ok, but I don't like how the most rooms are looking. Jacuzzi room is sadly fully booked at DW.

View Talay 6 Condo agency charges 10k security deposit upfront + huge bank transfer fees.

For long term rentals is that more than reasonable.

I had no deposits with vt6

booked through Agoda... have done so at least three times, with no deposit needed... payment for room sure, but a big deposit? no way... before they used to ask for a 3000 baht deposit on check in, but they have done away with that policy too...

tomorrow I move to a room I booked through honeys, and no deposit there either...

• 3 weeks later...

Booked the Dusit D2 yesterday for 57€/night. Hopefully that was the right decision.

We will see :)

I had no deposits with vt6

booked through agoda... have done so at least three times, with no deposit needed... payment for room sure, but a big deposit? no way... before they used to ask for a 3000 baht deposit on check in, but they have done away with that policy too...

tomorrow I move to a room I booked through honeys, and no deposit there either...  

edit, I did have to give a 5000b deposit when checking in with Honeys, also had to pay 250 a day more for maid service... but room cost was less then vt6 price, overall a better daily cost with Honey's.

Paid 2300 at vtsix.com with good room but worse bathroom. Had an urgent need so booked through booking. Com

I only paid about 2500 per night, coz of the 20% discount offer at ebookers.

A great deal for the dusit d2, I couldn't resist.

LK Empress at Pattaya and Aloft at Soi 11 Bangkok! Can't recommend at other places. I love The Hilton at Pattaya but its priced steep.

Forget health clinics and gyms. Sex is the best cure. One good night of sex and your problems are gone.

Archived