IGNORED

Is it True

copperdingus

I have recently heard that many thais are becoming hostile toward "farangs" is this the case? are there any places to avoid? thanks I'm going in october!

Don't worry most of the problems farangs have with hostile Thais are caused by themselves. Use your common sense and don't get into a confrontation with a Thai and you will have no problems.

Welcome to the forum.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

just follow their customs eg not pointing feet towards person your talking to,and never ever talk badly about the royals

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Good advice above already, to whcih I would add:-

You will [sometimes] get snubbed, but not actual hostility, from higher ranking Thais. This is usually either that they just ignore you or pass comments about "all" farang being sex tourists etc. If you are on holiday you are unlikely to be in this situation anyway.

Avoid very low areas where drugs might be prevalent.

Use common sense where you go!

As with ALL countries there is a certain level of dislike/resentment of foreigners. However in the main the vast majority of Thais are friendly people who actually like foreigners and you will be welcome with a smile 99% of the time even if its a false one.

It is certainly NOT a valid reason to stay away at least no more so than any other holiday destination.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

just follow their customs eg not pointing feet towards person your talking to,and never ever talk badly about the royals

Better yet, just get your cash out they'll soon all like you.....

Thanks for the advice, I guess i'll just have to keep the blood in both heads while there. Great site by the way, excellent info.

CD: When in October are you going? I will be there with a group in Oct. Nov. Let me know. Cheers Wolfy

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

CD: When in October are you going? I will be there with a group in Oct. Nov. Let me know. Cheers Wolfy

And me what dates you going

Parkwahn: I will be in LOS from October 17th until January 11th. Most time in Pattaya, but 4 days in BKK and 4 days in Kanchanaburi. Moving into my Pattaya long term Accomodations on the 16th of Nov.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

• 3 weeks later...
I have recently heard that many thais are becoming hostile toward "farangs" is this the case? are there any places to avoid? thanks I'm going in october!

Place i do't reccomend you go is Bamboo bar in Pattaya they have a contempt for farangs like no other bar i know.I got ripped off in there for a few hundred baht spoke to supervisor got told to piss of in no uncertain terms so got tourist police in,got my money back but every time i go there now i get asked to leave ...cant imagine why!!! they DO rip you off it's happened to me a few times and don't even waste your time tyring to complain .hope this helps......

Parkwahn: I will be in LOS from October 17th until January 11th. Most time in Pattaya, but 4 days in BKK and 4 days in Kanchanaburi. Moving into my Pattaya long term Accomodations on the 16th of Nov.

Hey, I am there in July and will be out again for New Year, maybe catch up with you? By then you will be an old timer at it :rolleyes:

If you are there for longer periods try and meet a few ex pats, as they wont suddenly go home (or they shouldn't) :P

Wha's like us?

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, I absolutely love Pattaya. This next trip in May will be about my 10th time going in 2 years. I am a hooked stone cold Pattaya-addict and so is all of my friends that visit there. In fact, I cannot think of anywhere else that I prefer to visit. So I guess that this site is appropriate named!!! :P

Place i do't reccomend you go is Bamboo bar in Pattaya they have a contempt for farangs like no other bar i know.I got ripped off in there for a few hundred baht spoke to supervisor got told to piss of in no uncertain terms so got tourist police in,got my money back but every time i go there now i get asked to leave ...cant imagine why!!! they DO rip you off it's happened to me a few times and don't even waste your time tyring to complain .hope this helps......

So why have you gone back there?

My guess is that these are not new attitudes, if they exist at all. In general, I don't talk to locals unless I'm in the hotel or buying something. This way I avoid problems. Also, I am always respectful of Thais and their culture. I am well aware that I am in the Third World.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep urself to urself and u'll be Grand!

Good advice above already, to whcih I would add:-

You will [sometimes] get snubbed, but not actual hostility, from higher ranking Thais. This is usually either that they just ignore you or pass comments about "all" farang being sex tourists etc. If you are on holiday you are unlikely to be in this situation anyway.

Avoid very low areas where drugs might be prevalent.

Use common sense where you go!

As with ALL countries there is a certain level of dislike/resentment of foreigners. However in the main the vast majority of Thais are friendly people who actually like foreigners and you will be welcome with a smile 99% of the time even if its a false one.

It is certainly NOT a valid reason to stay away at least no more so than any other holiday destination.

I agree totally with you mate. Thailand is a place where they will leave foreigners alone if they act normal. LOS is actually a great place to have a holiday. Not always in Pattaya, but the country has so many things to show and to give.

• 2 weeks later...

12 trips and I've never had a problem... but then again, watch the Pattaya news and you might be afraid to venture out of your hotel room :D

Men lose a lot of money chasing women, but seldom lose women while chasing money.

the way some falangs act in Thailand, i`m surprised that there is not more hostility!

• 2 weeks later...

The Thais are much more positive toward foreigners than for example Koreans and the Japanese. Thais are basically good natured and friendly, that's one of the attractive things about the country. Still, there are some foreigners who sadly go to Thailand to pick fights with Thais. And some of the Thais you will meet in Pattaya are not on the high end of Thai society - drug users, pick pockets etc. Not typical of Thais in general at all.

sinclair1969: a fuckin' degenerate gambler.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going in early Oct. I find the weather is nice then and the prices in general havent been jacked up yet.

Ony for 2 weeks though. Cheers.

The Cobra

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I'm with the majority of responders here - don't start nothin', won't be nothin'. So, who is telling you this?

I have never experienced any hostility. I have been in places in Thialand and Bangkok with my TGF where I was the only westerner around and had absolutely no issues. I have always fond the Thais to be amazingly friendly and tolerant. I think we could learn something from them here in the west. If you go to Thailand or any other country and ack like an ass you are going to be treated like an ass.

Never had i problem ...........been ripped off heaps..lol but thats just part of the fun .lol.

funniest sh-t I've ever seen, but now seen a few times are

when thai girls are fighting over a farang....and

I then realize if I ever end up with a TGF, I better check

out what her mean side looks like before getting involved.

aki