IGNORED

Pitbull (Lee Alderhouse) Gets 25 Years.

Edge

Phuket court gives 'Pitbull' 25 years

Aldhouse returns to Phuket after his extradition from the UK.

PHUKET: -- British kick boxer Lee 'Pitbull' Aldhouse was this morning sentenced to 25 years in jail for the murder of American Marine Dashawn Longfellow .

Both sides in the case - defence and prosecution - have one month to appeal against the sentence as being either too long or too short.

Aldhouse fatally stabbed Mr Longfellow outside the victim’s Rawai home on August 14, 2010, after the to had been involved in a punch-up in a bar, which Aldhouse lost.

After the murder Aldhouse fled the country to his native England, where he was arrested on an outstanding warrant.

Thailand applied for his extradition which, after more than two years of hearings and appeal, was granted by a British court, on condition that Aldhouse would not face the death penalty.

He arrived back in Phuket on December 1 last year.

Initially, Aldhouse denied murdering Mr Longfellow but at a hearing on August 28, he changed his plea to guilty, and apologised to Mr Longfellow’s family.

This allowed the judge in the case to apply the standard halving of sentence for those who are believed to genuinely enter a plea of “guilty”.

In this case, the life sentence Aldhouse was facing was reduced to 25 years.

Aldhouse's lawyer said that there were no plans at the moment to appeal against the sentence or to make a court bid to allow him to serve out his sentence in the UK.

"He says he has plenty of things to do in the prison here," the lawyer said.

-- Phuket News 2013-11-28

To take somebody life deserved a life in Prison.  

Justice seems to be done at the moment

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Justice,

20 years in a Thai jail, he will need more than his kickboxing skills to survive

The stupid bully had better quickly learn some manners; However, I would prefer it if he found out the hard way.

Yep. The sentence is too light.

A pussy comes to Thailand and studies kick-boxing, which is not much different than studying ballet. 

He takes on a U.S. Marine and gets his ass kicked. What did he expect? That he would win the fight?

Embarrassed at getting his sissy ass kicked, and like a coward, he ambushes the real man and kills him.

That's a life sentence in anybody's book. 

A moment of madness and a lifetime of regret... I feel sorry for the man

I sort of understand where you are coming from but I remember the story when it broke and Lee Aldhouse's actions were very cowardly. He was hardly a model prisoner while on remand either.

Depends how much money you have and he wont serve the full 25 anyway.

ok...  what's he to expect to serve on a 25 year sentence?  I don't know how this works in Thailand, all I know is their jails are pure hell.

ok...  what's he to expect to serve on a 25 year sentence?  I don't know how this works in Thailand, all I know is their jails are pure hell.

He only has to serve 4 years then he can apply to be transferred to a prison in the UK where his sentence is reassessed.  

He only has to serve 4 years then he can apply to be transferred to a prison in the UK where his sentence is reassessed.

Is that it seriously?

I always thought in SEA when they say 25 years they mean 25 years..

Seems a bit soft going home in 4...

Might the USA have some say/influence over that application?

Is that it seriously?

I always thought in SEA when they say 25 years they mean 25 years..

Seems a bit soft going home in 4...

Pretty much, international relations and all that.

He will continue his sentence in a UK prison but it will be greatly reduced.

From what I've read about his behaviour whilst incarcerated in Thailand he might not last 4 years anyway. 

Might the USA have some say/influence over that application?

That's a very astute observation considering the close relationship between the USA and Thailand and who knows what goes on in the corridors of power?

The fact is though it's his right to request transfer and I'm not sure they could find grounds for refusal.

The irony is he could possibly serve longer if he transferred to a UK prison rather than await a possible pardon from the King of Thailand.

Tough call but I know where I would rather be.

the close relationship between the USA and Thailand and who knows what goes on in the corridors of power?

That could be the crunch point.

The UK agreed to extradite him subject to him not being given the death penalty.

Would they then  basically take the piss by giving him an easy ride?

Neither the USA nor Thailand would be too happy about that I imagine.

I know nothing of the application - what grounds could there be for refusing it?

some people are saying a tough sentence, his victim does not have a life, let him rot in a thai prison, it's what he deserves.If you can't do the time, don't do the crime

Pride makes people do stupid shit. Maybe he should have trained harder

That could be the crunch point.

The UK agreed to extradite him subject to him not being given the death penalty.

Would they then  basically take the piss by giving him an easy ride?

Neither the USA nor Thailand would be too happy about that I imagine.

I know nothing of the application - what grounds could there be for refusing it?

That was my point, I don't think there are grounds for refusal, it's a recognized agreement.

However, if the prisoner is given a sentence in years (as opposed to life) he/she is supposed to serve the full sentence upon transfer, 21 years in this case. (Doesn't actually happen that way but that's politics)

If he opted to remain in a Thai prison and petitioned the King for a pardon, he could be free in 10 years (or less) BUT! to (almost) guarantee a pardon, you need the backing of your own government in your petition. This is where the USA could exert influence on both the UK and Thailand to make sure no pardon is forthcoming.

So I hope he's a gambling man!

Yep! There would be political hell to pay in the US if any administration were on record granting clemency to someone who killed a serviceman. And nowadays there is no news story that someone won't be able to pick up on.

Yep! There would be political hell to pay in the US if any administration were on record granting clemency to someone who killed a serviceman. And nowadays there is no news story that someone won't be able to pick up on.

The US are in no position to grant clemency, he's imprisoned in Thailand. They could only intervene politically and I doubt it would be on record.

Archived