IGNORED

Areca lodge

sexy beast

Stayed here for 2 weeks in July 2006, a popular hotel with many boardies. I stayed in a de-luxe room @ 1200 per night, it has 2 large swimming pools, good food, a small gym, inroom safe, GF.

The staff are the best I have ever come across, the only downside was the door slamming & the screaming kids in the pool at sunrise.

Lowest Rate for Areca Lodge

Sawasdee.com

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/areca_lodge.html

Areca Lodge entrance:

204557680_2fa48b73c5_o.jpg

204557248_da297c332b_o.jpg

204833046_7d320a487d_o.jpg

The bathroom was tiny & basic

204833773_09348fdf01.jpg

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/areca_lodge.html

There is also a nice snooker Table at this hotel and cheap to play. The Internet room is now pay as you use and you need to feed the computer with 10 Baht coins.

They also include a breakfast which I never used once as was never up at 10.00am.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes agree i stayed here rated it miles better than Flipper etc.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I'm gonna be staying in the Areca in March.

So, I'de be very interested in your comments on guests and additional guests!!! i.e. is taking two girls back ok?? do they charge extra or not allow you?? I usually stay at Sabai Lodge and never had a problem there but I have never stayed in the Areca before.

Also, some guys have said about the amount of families that holiday at Areca so can I expect disapproving looks where ever I/we go in the hotel daytime??

Finally, is the main reception the only way in & out of the hotel??

Regards to all,

Guys,

I'm gonna be staying in the Areca in March.

So, I'de be very interested in your comments on guests and additional guests!!! i.e. is taking two girls back ok?? do they charge extra or not allow you?? I usually stay at Sabai Lodge and never had a problem there but I have never stayed in the Areca before.

One girl is no fee bust must show id or no entry, I brought 2 girls back but never said nothing! others have had to pay (not much about 300 baht)

Also, some guys have said about the amount of families that holiday at Areca so can I expect disapproving looks where ever I/we go in the hotel daytime??

It is very family freindly but no one really cares what anyone else is up to, it really is a friendly hotel & the staff are super friendly

Finally, is the main reception the only way in & out of the hotel??

Yes to the left but usually have security on guard IMO it really is not worth sneaking a extra girl in. If you want to bring back an extra girl go by reception & be completly open. You won't be the 1st or the last ! If you get charged I'm sure it will be worth it. Have a great holiday & don't forget to let us know here at pattayaaddicts how you got on!

Regards to all,

I realy like the Areca Lodge and one of the things why i like it.Is because you can take girls with you,and that cost you no extra.The most girls i ever take back to the Areca Lodge where 3 girls. :Banana_Beard: After that every day i take one girl with me they ask if i was sick

Once you've done asian,there is no going back to caucasian.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO the delux rooms in the new wing (at the back) are better than the rooms in the older one; they're slightly larger, but with a smaller balcony, but get more sunlight, and are less noisy from the bars next door.

Stayed there in Sept, very nice booked through this site:http://r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/pattaya/areca/ had to pay in advance, didn't mind this as it was my first trip. Paid 900 bht back then.

Loved it the girls on reception, were allways smilling and joking about.

Just hope that you have some company when Soi Diana Inn gets flooded, :unsure:

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to staying at the Areca this month, have read countless reviews on the web and all rate it very highly. Another great advantage for me is its position which is slap bang in the middle of my favourite area and close to the bars I liked on my one time visit a couple of years ago, looking forward to trying the many reviewed bars in this area that I have seen here on PA especially around the Soi LK Metro area.

Mick

Only stayed at Areca one night as I needed somewhere to stay with a girl I'd just met and couldn't take her to the condo as there was another girl already there. :D

We had a drink at the bar outside and her bag (containing her ID) was snatched from the bar. The duty manager was very understanding about why the girl therefore had no ID and still allowed her access.

Nice clean room, but I'd agree that the bathroom is a tad small for the price. Walk in rate for 1 night on Jan 11 was 1690 baht.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Recently booked to stay in Areca Lodge for 20 nights as I wanted to stay in a different part of Pattaya and the reviews of the Areca on this board made me select the Areca over my usual, the Sabai Lodge. What a mistake. The Areca is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I checked out after 4 nights!!

Everything is a drama, no hot water for first 18 hours, sign for towels, collect vouchers for breakfast. no pool parasols after about 1100, aggressive security at night to ME!!, small (deluxe) rooms that are poorly/cheaply furnished, i.e. only cold tap in wash hand basin, no usable balcony as A/C unit takes up 3/4 of it and blows hot air on to you!!, can not smoke unless you stand on balcony!!

I booked my stay with 2 other guys (3 rooms) all the rooms where crap. I understand that this hotel, for reasons now totally beyond me, is virtually booked all year!!! I can not understand this. They asked me on booking to pay 9000Tbt deposit (3000Tbt for each room) this I can understand and accept. I also order taxi collection from the airport. But they then demand full payment of 2900Tbt for a taxi 3 months in advance!! I tell them to cancel the taxi. Sabai charge 1900Tbt on the day, not 3 month before!!

We moved back to the Sabai Lodge after 4 days of the Areca Lodge. I could not recommend the Areca Lodge to anyone.

Anyone that recommends this hotel must normally stay in budget B&B type accomodation or just not know any better!!

What I thought said it all, was when we checked out after 4 nights no one behind reception even cared to ask why? Surely, if you own or manage a hotel and guests are checking out after a few days, having booked for 3 weeks you would ask why? They could not give a fuck!!!

I will never darken their doors again.

Regards to all,

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at both the Areca and Sandy Spring and had positive experiences at both. Are there any other hotels in that area on the same level? I like this location but both hotels are often booked.

Listen up fellas...great deal....whispering palms soi gaw jomtien...right off thrapraya road 15 k for a one bedroom...swimming pool... private...lovely...right on sang ta line...5 mins to Walking Street.....5 mins to jomtien...fabuolus

Listen up fellas...great deal....whispering palms soi gaw jomtien...right off thrapraya road 15 k for a one bedroom...swimming pool... private...lovely...right on sang ta line...5 mins to walking street.....5 mins to jomtien...fabuolus

Thanks for the info. Do you have any contact information or pictures ? Do you know if they do weekly rents as well?

Testicles

by far the best hotel i have stayed at while in pattaya the staff is always very friendly and courteous. the only problem is that it is very busy and sometimes hard to get a reservation.

i am only interested in the illegal, the immoral and the fattening

• 5 weeks later...

I had read alot of good reviews as well before I went last December. The hotel is very nice, room is ok but better value for money can be found.

Now what bothered me was that they gave the girls I took back some hassle. They always asked where they worked in a not so friendly way and gave sometimes comments which the girls would not translate to me (do I figure these were not so nice as well). Some became REALLY upset while walking to my room because of this and you don't want your girl for the night to become pissed off just before entering your room.

One girl at reception even had the nerve to say to a girl I had with me that she 'certainly wasn't the first girl I took to my room on this trip'.

I think the manager (bitch with a fake smile) has something to do with this.

I will not stay there anymore.

I've stayed at the Areca twice before and never had a problem. Friendly staff, decent rooms, though no hot water in the sink was a hassle. The pools were great. Breakfast was good the one time I made it down there on time. I'm booked into the Pattaya Bay Resort in Sep, their 795bht special looks like a good deal.

Used to stay there 2002 - 2003, was a nice hotel, since they put extension on the back, it all changed. New manager, prices went up 15%, I also started to get hassle bringing girls back, never knew what girls at reception said, but I assumed it was not nice as girls went a bit funny.

There are plenty of other places to stay, I prefer appartment type accomodation. It is cheaper more private, the only benefit a hotel has in my view is a swiming pool, unless you want to sit round a pool all day, which I dont what is the point.

Last time I stayed there they were only allowing girls 20YO+ into the hotel. Lost one of my barfines for the night. Also WTF is it with the compulsory breakfast? Finishes at 10am so few mongers would ever be awake to eat it. Doubt I will stay there again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
same question ??????

Just returned from Areca.

There were people using laptops in the reception area, and an ariel thing on the wall so I assume there was WiFi there. How far it reached, and cost, I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked there limo taxi 2000 Bart from air port, car never turned up

Air plane on time customer on time

(customer to blame Thai logic)

I did not have there phone number with me to give them a ring so had to get taxi from the rank 1300

Big argument with the manager they took the taxi money from my credit-cared.

But reduced my overall room rate by 2000 Bart (Thai logic)

Get a car of the rank (English logic)

• 2 weeks later...

Now geting a few poor reports from the areac i have booked a few rooms and payed 6000bht depo should I be looking at a new booking or as most things you get out what you put in, In other words if you have a fun and jokes with the staff you have much better time ?.