IGNORED

3-month visitor visa to Australia for TGF

The Sly Fox

Shame really it was a simple from.

For the girl and I, we used the Thai form for her to understand the questions, and she copied my english answers to the form and submitted it at the post office, as they are the one who'll get the phone calls about the app, and need to answer if any questions come up.

If you are doing it that way I guess just complete it and send it to her. It needs to be completed in English.

OK thanks guys. I did fill in the form for her but she was sitting next to me and supplied info as it was required. But I'll do it again with the bilingual version of the form making sure she clearly understands every question just in case the Emm calls her up about anything.

On that section that asks if anyone helped her with the filling in the form, I did put my myself down, I guess this is standard practice, the farang fills the form in for the TGF. Is it a good idea to put myself down or not?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another quick question for you guys: on the form it asks When do you wish to visit Australia?

I put down 30-Jan-2014 to 30-April-2014 as I believe Australia Immigration counts whole months and doesn't tally up the days like the Thais do.

So is this correct. If TGF enters Perth airport on 30-Jan-2014, she'll be granted a visa lasting until 30-April-2014. ie 3 calendar months?

These dates are obviously not booked yet and are very flexible and may well change when I get around to make bookings, if fares are cheaper on other dates then I can adjust accordingly.

On that section that asks if anyone helped her with the filling in the form, I did put my myself down, I guess this is standard practice, the farang fills the form in for the TGF. Is it a good idea to put myself down or not?

That is for people who charge a fee for the service. You only assisted her so you do not need to provide your details.

With the dates I would put the return date a week or so short of 3 months just to be on the safe side. They don't specify dates on the visa, only how long it is valid for and the length of stay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

That is for people who charge a fee for the service. You only assisted her so you do not need to provide your details.

With the dates I would put the return date a week or so short of 3 months just to be on the safe side. They don't specify dates on the visa, only how long it is valid for and the length of stay.

Many thanks again Scumbag, you're a great help with this subject.

How important is a letter of employment for this application?

TGF is not technically employed at present time. She did work for 16 years at an electronics factory but left there a couple years ago to assist her aging parents with their fruit farm business in Pak Thong Chai, so she currently spends her time between working with the family business in Pak Thong Chai, and with me here in Pattaya (where I support her)

Any opinions/suggestions on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I'm planning on having the application ready to send by Wednesday.

How important is a letter of employment for this application?

TGF is not technically employed at present time. She did work for 16 years at an electronics factory but left there a couple years ago to assist her aging parents with their fruit farm business in Pak Thong Chai, so she currently spends her time between working with the family business in Pak Thong Chai, and with me here in Pattaya (where I support her)

Any opinions/suggestions on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I'm planning on having the application ready to send by Wednesday.

That is a murky question. Past employment history is irrelevant as all the employment letter is for is to show that the person has something to return to Thailand for. This is one of the things that the person processing the application is looking for. If he/she thinks that the person may not return then the visa will be denied. Having a job to return to seems to be enough to satisfy this requirement. I believe land is the same but oddly children are not a good enough reason for return. Without an employment letter (or other evidence of a reason to return) they may still issue a visa but I think the risk of rejection is higher. It probably depends on the mood of the person looking at it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

If I was you I would avoid using the word sponsor. 

I only used the word sponsor, because it appears all over some Australian visa sub catergories....  Aus Govt use the term themselves...... Not seeing that as an issue to tell you the truth.

This from the immi site

This information is for someone who wants to sponsor:

• a family member applying for a Visitor visa in the Sponsored Family stream
  • an applicant for a Visitor visa in the Tourist stream (if asked to do so by us).

As a sponsor, you will guarantee that the applicant will leave Australia before their visa expires. You might also have to pay a security bond.

That was what I was referring to in my response.  The difference between an individual who can support themselves whilst in OZ, compared to a sponsored visitor.  The word sponsor is quite appropriate in this situation.

I only used the word sponsor, because it appears all over some Australian visa sub catergories....  Aus Govt use the term themselves...... Not seeing that as an issue to tell you the truth.

This from the immi site

• an applicant for a Visitor visa in the Tourist stream (if asked to do so by us).

As a sponsor, you will guarantee that the applicant will leave Australia before their visa expires. You might also have to pay a security bond.

That was what I was referring to in my response.  The difference between an individual who can support themselves whilst in OZ, compared to a sponsored visitor.  The word sponsor is quite appropriate in this situation.

Yes, but what I was pointing out is that under immigration law people can only 'sponsor' direct family members. A better term to avoid confusion is supporter. I just added the note so that people don't become confused if they come across it in their search for information.

Here is information that is also included on the page where your quote came from:

A sponsor must:

• be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • be older than 18 years of age
  • have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years).

You must also be one of the following:

• a relative of the applicant (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the 'step' or adopted equivalent of any of these).
  • a relative of a person who is a member of the applicant’s family unit and who is also applying for a Visitor visa (such as the partner of your brother or sister).

This from the immi site

Cheers dave01. I also picked up the term "sponsor" from the website and form. I guess I'll combine the 2 on the application, as in "partner & sponsor".

That is a murky question. Past employment history is irrelevant as all the employment letter is for is to show that the person has something to return to Thailand for. This is one of the things that the person processing the application is looking for. If he/she thinks that the person may not return then the visa will be denied. Having a job to return to seems to be enough to satisfy this requirement. I believe land is the same but oddly children are not a good enough reason for return. Without an employment letter (or other evidence of a reason to return) they may still issue a visa but I think the risk of rejection is higher. It probably depends on the mood of the person looking at it.

Thanks again Scumbag.

Not really much I can do about this point. Just tell the truth and hope it works. I can't "invent" an non-existent position. I have some photos of TGF at the family business and with her family, so I'll send them with the application. She does own land but doesn't have kids. I'll include a copy of the chanote. 

Jesus Christ this is a lot of rigmarole just for a tourist visa. You'd think I was applying for her spouse settlement with all this support documentation and photos and evidence I have to supply.

Yes, but what I was pointing out is that under immigration law people can only 'sponsor' direct family members. A better term to avoid confusion is supporter. I just added the note so that people don't become confused if they come across it in their search for information.

Here is information that is also included on the page where your quote came from:

A sponsor must:

• be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • be older than 18 years of age
  • have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than two years).

You must also be one of the following:

• a relative of the applicant (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the 'step' or adopted equivalent of any of these).
  • a relative of a person who is a member of the applicant’s family unit and who is also applying for a Visitor visa (such as the partner of your brother or sister).

Indeed.....  No worries....

The page I lifted the type from didn't have that detail (or i didn't mine it deep enough) 555

I think "partner" is appropriate as well, I was just referring to the type of visa, not the personal circumstances of the applicant with the sponsor.

I can't remember what we declared our relationship to be.... I would think we used partner as well... But it was very easily proven so it really wasn't an issue.

I very definitely sponsored her tho, (for purpose of the visa)  that is why they want to know YOUR financial situation, and are not too fussed about hers.

Cheers dave01. I also picked up the term "sponsor" from the website and form. I guess I'll combine the 2 on the application, as in "partner & sponsor".

You fill out the sponsor bit but call yourself a boyfriend. It worked for me. And as for the bankbook with immeditae funds, that won't matter cause your filling out the sponsor section. Your accepting her costs. Just send the bank book. And the english version 1149 form does look better then thai scribble.

ummm

You fill out the sponsor bit but call yourself a boyfriend. It worked for me. And as for the bankbook with immeditae funds, that won't matter cause your filling out the sponsor section. Your accepting her costs. Just send the bank book. And the english version 1149 form does look better then thai scribble.

Thanks Swinga, I've taken everything you suggest onboard.

Looks like this Wednesday will be D-Day and the completed application and support docs/photos/letters will be sent off.

If it helps, 3 successful visas later - .the additional info section I've always put - Will not overstay visa, Will not work, Will not study, will not apply for further stay - don't know if it counts but they say the officer takes All relevant info presented. These are the usual the conditions they will impose anyway.

ummm

If it helps, 3 successful visas later - .the additional info section I've always put - Will not overstay visa, Will not work, Will not study, will not apply for further stay - don't know if it counts but they say the officer takes All relevant info presented. These are the usual the conditions they will impose anyway.

Thanks again Swinga. Seems these points need to be really emphasized on the application and in the letter of invitation, so I'll make sure I'll really emphasize these points, to make clear to the officer that we fully understand these are the conditions we are accepting. 

Don't forget the incentive to return. My applications always have a letter from TG saying what she wants to do, and why she will return, and signed by her. So mention the land, the family etc in her letter. Yours is secondary info.

ummm

Don't forget the incentive to return. My applications always have a letter from TG saying what she wants to do, and why she will return, and signed by her. So mention the land, the family etc in her letter. Yours is secondary info.

Another very good point Swinga. So should GF type up that letter herself? Would have to be in English?

Or I would compose the letter so that it's grammatically correct and write as it's from GF and have her sign it in her name?

When we return in approx. May 2014 GF wants to start immediately on the building of a house on her land in Korat, so I guess this could be put into her letter, along with a copy of the chanote. (This is not BS BTW, when we get back we'll be living in Korat and she'll be building a small house - with my assistance - on her land.)

The old form for a tourist visa was called a 48rtha which was replaced months ago with the 1419

Good luck

Posted Image

Another very good point Swinga. So should GF type up that letter herself? Would have to be in English?

Or I would compose the letter so that it's grammatically correct and write as it's from GF and have her sign it in her name?

When we return in approx. May 2014 GF wants to start immediately on the building of a house on her land in Korat, so I guess this could be put into her letter, along with a copy of the chanote. (This is not BS BTW, when we get back we'll be living in Korat and she'll be building a small house - with my assistance - on her land.)

It's an oz visa not thai. Do it all in english with correct grammar and just get her to sign it, make sure she understands what you wrote in case they ask,  Everything should be in english at best. The only thai document I ever submitted was the house registartion certificate. This is a must to show her returning also.

As a tip, I've submitted many letters from family members,  mothers, grandpas, employers etc all in english signed in thai. That thai signature could look like anyone signed them

ummm

Thanks to all you guys for your invaluable tips and suggestions. The application and supporting documents are now ready and we'll send them off tomorrow morning from Pattaya PO.

Fingers are crossed, and I'll tell you the result in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, result came back today - visa granted for 3 months. We sent the application off via VFS at Pattaya PO in the morning Wed Nov 13, and result returned today (Thur 21), so that was just 1 week.

Anyway we're both very happy and tirak is looking forward to her first trip to Farangland in January 2014.

Just one further question for the experts. On the Visa Grant Notice we got back today it states: Visa Grant Date = 19 November 2013 and Last Date To Arrive = 19 February 2014.

So they only give you 3 months to use the visa? It's OK for us as our planned travel date is January 30/31 2014. But I did think they gave one longer to use the visa.

Anyway, great result and again many thanks to all you guys who gave us tips & input with the application.

Congrats, the visa starts the day she arrives in OZ. . e.g. You could arrive on the 19th of feb and have 3 months from that date.

ummm

Congrats, the visa starts the day she arrives in OZ. . e.g. You could arrive on the 19th of feb and have 3 months from that date.

Yeah this is right.

Congratulations!!!!

Yeah this is right.

Congratulations!!!!

Thanks guys, we've been out this evening for a few beer to celebrate. Looking forward to spending 3 months down under with tirak. Tonight in a bar I was explaining to her how to dodge getting dumped when swimming at City Beach...I also warned her not to touch those black spiders with red marks on their backs...Think I better leave the warnings at that or I'll frighten her off going...lol

The other thing you must do is ensure she does not stuff things in the luggage that will draw the crabs. Foodstuffs and wood in particular. They have a pretty good brochure in Thai on the customs website.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived