IGNORED

The Darkside. What is it really?

pattayaman2001

Look at one of the places that is doing good trade (by my eyes on my mini visit) Aqua Daymie.. Lots of FLs so not big staff bills.. Seemed like plenty of punters when I popped my head in (almost too many to want to kick up much naughtyness with the girls).. 

I saw that La Guingette is for sale.. It looked tired and worn and needed a revamp, but personally I love those hidden away pool places with a few fun staff.. Ideally a jacuzzi and some hidden corners.. Thats precisely what the darkside has that the brightside sort of lacks, a pool bar with girls for some daytime fun (I cut my teeth in Thailand with the Valhalla wet t shirt / strip contest / pool parties in Phuket, not been a time like it since IMO).. Upmarket daytime soi 6 in a pool setting. 

If I was to open a business darkside, it would be more about providing a pool, lounge, chill out, type vibe with fun girls on staff (tho maybe the average age of darksiders counts against that a bit for the chill out tunes type feel).. Slightly better decor and setup than like Dao cafe etc.. Then make sure that social media / facebook / forums / etc spread that out to the visiting types also.. Have some monthly 'bikini dance contests' with prizes or 'Miss Ass Pattaya' competitions etc.. and spread the word for FLs that theres money to be had..  People will jump a tuktuk if they think theres a nice pool party going on. A buddy and I did this on Phuket and would absolutely pack out a bar with 30 or 40 forum guys all hollaring and hooting for a few 1000b in prize money to the FLs. 

Think stylish beach club decor (Catch beach club, Nikki Beach Samui, etc) but for the P4P Pattaya visitor.. Location wouldnt want to be too deep into the darkside perhaps.. All about venue / location / space and not just being another shophouse copycat. Of course thats going to need a bit more startup costs than shophouse plus bar plus drink stock. 

Where did you hear that La Guingette is for sale? My friend could be interested. Do you know about the price?

Was on the wall.. from memory it was 700k asking price on the lease which was 4 years left ??

Of course then a rent and they said they pay a couple of thousand to use the land over the rd for parking.

Of course that was non serious bar talk, take its accuracy or how much movement room there is in any of that for what it's worth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Archived