Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best place in and around Pattaya for steak

devee8

The Bruno's steak looks good but frozen French fries? I would expect hand cut chips with a steak in a high end place

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Grill Room at Royal Cliff Hotel on Pratamnak road 

Fantastic steak with 5 star "old school" service 

+1.

I've eaten in all the restaurants at the Royal Cliff with the exception of the Japanese Corner (I don't do sushi)

All have fantastic food and great service with surprisingly fair prices if you don't go mad ordering drinks.

Their Chinese restaurant is probably the best I've been to anywhere in the world.

Beefeater is the only place for me for a guaranteed good steak and as a previous poster mentioned , I would advice booking a table , there is also plenty on the menu if your dining companion doesnt eat steak.

I was born and raised in Iowa, USA.  I was spoiled on steak. (and pork chops)

Everything in Iowa is corn fed and THICK (including the women .. LOL)

they have 15million hogs raised for meat in Iowa (about 5 million people)

raise beef and hogs fast, feed them corn .. kill them young .. (not nice i know .. but, good to eat)

You can not beat the beef and pork from the midwest USA ..

(wimpy grass feed old cows cannot come close to fat young meat)

you cannot buy a pork chop or steak less than 1.5" thick (about 3.5 cm for you metric people)

I would never consider buying steak in Thailand .. 

• 3 weeks later...

Steak....foodland

BBQ  bucket 130baht

Charcoal 20baht

cook it yerself...cant be beat

I was born and raised in Iowa, USA.  I was spoiled on steak. (and pork chops)

Everything in Iowa is corn fed and THICK (including the women .. LOL)

they have 15million hogs raised for meat in Iowa (about 5 million people)

raise beef and hogs fast, feed them corn .. kill them young .. (not nice i know .. but, good to eat)

You can not beat the beef and pork from the midwest USA ..

(wimpy grass feed old cows cannot come close to fat young meat)

you cannot buy a pork chop or steak less than 1.5" thick (about 3.5 cm for you metric people)

I would never consider buying steak in Thailand ..

I am also from beef country USA. Can get good aussie steaks from a place on pattaya klang Notmcheap, but high quality...cook urself. Brunos jomtien also has some pretty good steaks. Overpriced by our standards. Cheers

Carry on my wayward son

Had a nice steak there at Patricks near kiss restaurant at soi daina, but forgot to photo the dinner steak. This photo is also from Patricks, I had roast beef, special menu of the day for 350 bt , my lady had that fish.. Great foods there, try it lads.

image.jpg

I think this is the same as the steak buffet at The Avenue shopping complex on second road. Went there last night and ate 6 delicious steaks plus other buffet items for 299 baht. Pretty good place if you don't care about atmosphere and looking for a protein kick, I use this place as my after gym meal, eat fast and walk. Not the place for a relaxed meal or taking a girl out.

Thanks for the tip, for my trip next month. I normally invade Beefeater, Long Horn steakhouse or AKA in Central after my gym training.

Had a nice steak there at Patricks near kiss restaurant at soi daina, but forgot to photo the dinner steak. This photo is also from Patricks, I had roast beef, special menu of the day for 350 bt , my lady had that fish.. Great foods there, try it lads.

That looks pretty damn good!

I went to Patrick's on my last trip, but that was about 2 hours after I first started to experience the symptoms of appendicitis -- which at the the time seemed like a mild case of food poisoning.  Had NO appetite and could barely eat my steak.   I'm hoping to give it another go on my next trip!

Easy...another vote for Beefeater here.

Although Skeeter at Skybar cooked me a steak that was out of this world also.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Eaten in Patricks many times great restaurant never had a bad meal

Steak....foodland

BBQ  bucket 130baht

Charcoal 20baht

cook it yerself...cant be beat

Agreed, steak at foodland is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

7/8 years back used to go to a place directly opposite bay breeze on soi honey think it was called uncle Charlie's

Is it still there?

7/8 years back used to go to a place directly opposite bay breeze on soi honey think it was called uncle Charlie's

Is it still there?

No

I had the pleasure of trying the Chateaubriand in Patrick's about a week ago and jolly nice it was too.

It was ordered rare and delightfully rare it was served too. Mrs Thinkingallowed was impressed as I was with the steak and pretty stuffed we were by the time we'd finished the 750g of meat, 22.45 ounces for non metric chaps.

Easy...another vote for beefeater here.<br />Although Skeeter at Skybar cooked me a steak that was out of this world also.

i call bullshit . Skeeter can't cook steaks . I have to taste it to believe it .... Can we make an appointment ?

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

i call bullshit . Skeeter can't cook steaks . I have to taste it to believe it .... Can we make an appointment ?

COOKING a steak is easy. Finding good THICK cuts of beef in SE Asia is the problem.

COOKING a steak is easy. Finding good THICK cuts of beef in SE Asia is the problem.

Easy, at Foodland at Pattaya Klang, just had a steak today, top class, nicer and tender.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Beefeater is excellent and a bastion of excellence in another wise sea of mediocrity and filth in the area....  and as far I know (for what its worth) haven't raised their prices in a long while. The downside to Beefeater as expressed by other posts is the fact you often need to book, but they have extended the restaurant about a year ago and this has helped. Their beef fillets are genuinely of Australian or NZ origin, and the consistency is excellent. Apparently the owner is the Chef as is Swedish which for me explains why its so consistent. The air con used to be tad bit too hot for my liking, but apart from that this is great food.

Credit where credit is due.. their house Red Wine is quite alight for the price and served in very good quality glasses and never chilled like so many other places. My only complaint is that they book the tables in terms of time quite close together... I remember one night and I ordered a cheese board and stayed at the table an extra 30 mins more than I normally would.. and this caused the next guests to get rather pissed at the fact 'their' table wasnt available. Wasnt my problem, but my point is... not a place to linger and enjoy a 5 course meal.

not a place to linger and enjoy a 5 course meal.

A couple of times I've known in advance that's it's going to be a longer meal and have let them know when I've booked to avoid this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I love a good steak, Ribeyes are preferred, any bars on Soi6 cooking steak? Or even a good beef Thi meal would hit the spot after burning some calories as well.

Archived