IGNORED

Qatar Airlines equals Old Planes...

iballooka

I made the serious mistake of using this airline to fly to Bangkok from Manchester on my last trips from which I just back from...

All flights are routed via Dhoa what they dont't tell you is you get of the plane after waiting 20 mins or so for First Class to exit and board there luxury coach to be whizzed off to there luxury lounge, OK I jealous but there are more of us in the back...

Eventually you struggle down the stairs if its raining you get wet, your then packed like sardines into a bus standing room only, driven at an uncomfortable speed, the enter the airport to stand in line for anything up to an hour+ to go through security screening manned by indifferent uncaring people...

With luck you will have time to fart and wash your hands before rushing off to board a plane I am almost certain it was the same plane we had just left to fly onto Bangkok....

The seats are crap simple as that, the pitch is CERTAINLY not advertised and regulars have told me they started off greta but have reduced it and the old planes bit, if your unlucky you will get a seat with MEDIA BOX under the seat in front how quaint it seems the average age of there is so old they use elastic bands to wind them up for take off...

I am disabled I registered on there systems as being disabled I simply cannot bend my knee guess what they gave me a window complete with a media box under the seat in front, the cabin crew totally indifferent so the First Clas Service is pure bulls**t...

IMG_6513_Edit.jpg

If the piccy loads you can see the issues I had, end result got to Bangkok needed hospital treatment, Qatar Airlines response tough shit we don't care...

I am going with them again to Vietnam in 6 weeks locked in but on my return going to see a lawyer, so be warned if you have any disability use another CARING airline, if you wanna stand in line to go through another security check for an hour or so after 6/7 flight to board another aircraft and again go through security your choice they ain't the cheapest but after 35 years of long haul flying they are the crappiest even Aeroflot was better...

That dont sound good at all, i'm flying next week with Qatar out of gatwick and hope i find it better than your experiance,

on the ticket they state they use A330- 300 and A340 - 600 which dont mean much to me. Usally go with emirates who use

the 777s, anyone flown from gatwick with qatar ????

spider

I have to take a visit back to Blighty soon fpr a family gathering and have been offered a very good deal flying business with Qatar via Doha. I have tqo questions which would be appreciated if someone can answer them?

1. I'm told that booze is available on the flight, can someone please confirm this?

2. Is booze available at the premium business and first class dedicated terminal in Doha?

Thanks guys I;m sure someone will know the answer. Cheers :LOL:

I have to take a visit back to Blighty soon fpr a family gathering and have been offered a very good deal flying business with Qatar via Doha. I have tqo questions which would be appreciated if someone can answer them?

1. I'm told that booze is available on the flight, can someone please confirm this?

2. Is booze available at the premium business and first class dedicated terminal in Doha?

Thanks guys I;m sure someone will know the answer. Cheers :LOL:

Seems you can't do without, but be relieved it is available in quantity and quality. Business with Qatar is worth every penny, plenty of space an amicable atmosphere, exceptional food and selected vines. Economy is comparable to any other airline with inedible, plastic wrapped stomach filler, this shitty com box under the window seat is standard in all ptv equipped planes, the FA's are efficient pros with frozen angel faces, seat pitch is bigger than in all the other airlines I flew with, I was even able to cross my legs (ok no giant at 5'10"), grosso modo as good or as bad as every airline, but a lot cheaper then all the overrated European crap companies. Have also a look at Skytrax: www.airlinequality.com

I am still scratching my head furiously wondering why Quatar has a 5 star quality rating. Planes old as fuck. Very little entertainment options. Food not great.

Blimey, that sounds a rubbish experience...I have used them once for the trip to LOS and they weren't too bad, although the last plane was brand new which is always nice.

Anyone know what Air India is like as I will probably use them next time to get from India to LOS...are the planes new, is the service good ?

Som Num Na

sorry to see you had a bad flight with qatar,i have gone with qatar lots of time and never had a problem,i even go out my way to go with them when i go to thailand,

used them twice ,was very very impressed .If prices were still cheap, i would use them again ,but this time I am flying cheaper direct with eva.I found the security procedure in the airport quick every time there and back twice for me .i can only speak for the London routes flew from gatwick and heathrow ,but maybe the Manchester route is shit, although i would imagine we all go on the same plane once we connect in Doha .the bus was standing room only, but only takes a couple of minutes ,I doubt Doha gets much rain anyway .Would rather fly these lot than tahi any day.

Edited by bry_723

try etihad best entertainment and great food and drinks or Thai best service

my 2 mates just arrived here yesterday and they flew with Qatar from Manchester. They said the plane was great, had their own entertainment system and all that carry on. they said it rivalled Malaysian who i know are decent. maybe its pot lock on which plane you get. ill be informing my mate about these shit planes as he has an 18hour wait in Doa on the return which hes gutted about so a shit plane will top it off. i prefer Emeritates to be honest!

I made the serious mistake of using this airline to fly to Bangkok from Manchester on my last trips from which I just back from...

All flights are routed via Dhoa what they dont't tell you is you get of the plane after waiting 20 mins or so for First Class to exit and board there luxury coach to be whizzed off to there luxury lounge, OK I jealous but there are more of us in the back...

Eventually you struggle down the stairs if its raining you get wet, your then packed like sardines into a bus standing room only, driven at an uncomfortable speed, the enter the airport to stand in line for anything up to an hour+ to go through security screening manned by indifferent uncaring people...

With luck you will have time to fart and wash your hands before rushing off to board a plane I am almost certain it was the same plane we had just left to fly onto Bangkok....

The seats are crap simple as that, the pitch is CERTAINLY not advertised and regulars have told me they started off greta but have reduced it and the old planes bit, if your unlucky you will get a seat with MEDIA BOX under the seat in front how quaint it seems the average age of there is so old they use elastic bands to wind them up for take off...

I am disabled I registered on there systems as being disabled I simply cannot bend my knee guess what they gave me a window complete with a media box under the seat in front, the cabin crew totally indifferent so the First Clas Service is pure bulls**t...

post-8152-1202301915_thumbjpg

If the piccy loads you can see the issues I had, end result got to Bangkok needed hospital treatment, Qatar Airlines response tough shit we don't care...

I am going with them again to Vietnam in 6 weeks locked in but on my return going to see a lawyer, so be warned if you have any disability use another CARING airline, if you wanna stand in line to go through another security check for an hour or so after 6/7 flight to board another aircraft and again go through security your choice they ain't the cheapest but after 35 years of long haul flying they are the crappiest even Aeroflot was better...

Also id be careful drinking on Qatar airways

They check you at Doha and make you toe the line even after a few drinks.

Sorry about your bad time with Qatar we flew with

them last time and we had a great flight food , drink

entertainment all very good will definetley use them

again.

The worst I,ve had is Turkish bloody awful never again

Luv a Thai Girl

I am still scratching my head furiously wondering why Quatar has a 5 star quality rating. Planes old as fuck. Very little entertainment options. Food not great.

I think you must have been unlucky with the aircraft on your route. I have flown several times with Qatar on A330s & A340s, planes nearly new, big choice of audio and video on demand.

• 1 month later...

I flew Qatar in January from Kuwait to Bangkok changing planes (both ways) in Doha. The plane was new but the seats were a bit cramped plus the entertainment box took up about half of the foot room on the window seat. What I found really lacking was the cabin service. It stunk. I saw many instances where a passenger would ring the "call" button and an attendant would walk by and turn it off without addressing the passenger's request for service. I attempted to order 2 drinks on the first pass of the drink cart and was told I'd have to wait until all passengers were served. O.K., I waited. Then, several requests I made for drink service from passing attendants were ignored. I was hoping my outbound flight service problem would not be repeated on my return flight but, unfortunately, it was. For me, Emirates is best followed by Thai Air, then Gulf Air. I'm trying Kuwaiti Air in May.

Blimey, that sounds a rubbish experience...I have used them once for the trip to LOS and they weren't too bad, although the last plane was brand new which is always nice.

Anyone know what Air India is like as I will probably use them next time to get from India to LOS...are the planes new, is the service good ?

Yeah, I use them often. I am flying out on the 27th nite from bombay. There is one big BUT to the deal tho.................

Get flight #6317 and #6318 from bombay to bkk and bkk to bombay. These are booked through indian air/air india however they are Thai airways flights. Thai planes, and Thai stewardesses.... Priced at India prices. around $500 USD.

The flight out of Bombay is almost at midnight, gets you into BKK at around 6am or so. NO traffic, and a straight shot in record time to Pattaya. Check in, get you a massage girl to come up to the room, work you over, pay her to leave, and rest until the party time starts... you will sleep like a baby..

enjoy.....

hmmmmmm im flying with Qatar this saturday, slightly put off by these reports.i was hoping to book with ETIHAD again as i found them top notch last time.... we live and learn i guess.

That dont sound good at all, i'm flying next week with Qatar out of gatwick and hope i find it better than your experiance,

on the ticket they state they use A330- 300 and A340 - 600 which dont mean much to me. Usally go with emirates who use

the 777s, anyone flown from gatwick with qatar ????

spider

I have and found them absolutely fine, I did get the seat near the fire exit though so i had all the leg room I could wish for!

The 5 star rating part is Business Class.

i have always flown wit Qatar and never had a problem with them, you say u got a window seat but every time i bein at checkout there gave me the choice of window or aisle seats, and never had problems at doha and never waited an hour to go through security tops maybe 20mins

i would recommend them to alot of ppl.

30447168zh0.gif

I have and found them absolutely fine, I did get the seat near the fire exit though so i had all the leg room I could wish for!

The 5 star rating part is Business Class.

Yeah same, used them back in feb and found them to be good kept the drinks coming when asked with good service.

I did see the problem with the boxes under the seats but not to much of a problem for me and would use Qatar again.

spider

I just used Qatar and found them to be great. The only problem I had was on the doha to bangkok leg and that was with the passengers not the crew. The flight was full and some of the passengers (nearly all arabs) were being completely obnoxious. There was one english guy in front of me who was so pissed he got up to get his bag from the overhead bin while the plane was on final approach.........what a twat.

I've just flown with Emirates and it was spot on, my prefered choice has always been Qatar though and can't help thinking this just maybe a bad experience. I've also got of at Doha after a few beers and never been made to walk the line.

I just used Qatar and found them to be great. The only problem I had was on the doha to bangkok leg and that was with the passengers not the crew. The flight was full and some of the passengers (nearly all arabs) were being completely obnoxious. There was one english guy in front of me who was so pissed he got up to get his bag from the overhead bin while the plane was on final approach.........what a twat.

i agree i have used them many many times i prefer them to emarates i have always been on new planes and ive never wated for my conecting flight from doha for more than 2 hours ( i think they just refuel the same plane )

i found qatar to be excellent,i ve flown on the old and new planes(and they are currently changing all their old planes),i thought the seat pitch was more than acceptable for econ class the entertainment system on the older planes wasnt as good as the newer but there we go,i also thought doha was a class above all other airports ive been too,was a nice walk and straight through no probs,anyway,they get the planes on that are leaving first,so if your queuing for ages its better than sitting on the plane for that extra longer.

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Well, its looking like 90% of the people on this thread have given Qatar the thumbs up, look like the OP has just had bad look.

I will be flying with Qatar on my next trip to LOS and looking at what i have read i believe there is nothing to worry about.

In my previous trips i have flow with Etihad and Emirates and to be honest found little difference in any part of the journey. The only difference i have found is:

*the baggage allowance- Etihad 27KG,Emirates 23KG,

*the airport- Dubia real quality, massive, overall excellent. Abu Dabi small, low quality airport.

I think that all the Arab carriers are all 1 of the same. Great service and standards.

Without a family a rich man is very poor