IGNORED

Qatar Airlines equals Old Planes...

iballooka

ABU DHABI.

Never will i go with an airline that lands in this shit hole

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I flew with them on my last trip and vowed never to do it again.

The main problem was the media box leaving no room for one leg as the picture shows.

So you can stretch oen leg out and the other is cramped up.

This box is shared between two seats so every other seat has the problem.

The transit through Doha is awful, if you have a short transit you will be lucky to make it and if you have a long transit you have fuck all to do for ages.

On the return flight I did manage to avoid a seat with a box for the first leg and was lucky enough to get a leg seat for the second leg but it was down to luck.

It was cheepe enough but what price for a bit of comfort.

Ive flown on many airlines to many different countries, its what i do for a living having clocked up almost a million miles over the last 5 years and this is definately the worst airline i have used.

Cheers Mick

ive just tried to join there privilege club and there website keep crashing.....nice start!

Without a family a rich man is very poor

ive just tried to join there privilege club and there website keep crashing.....nice start!

I wouldn't bother, I have quite a few air miles now having just returned from Vietnam with Qatar, on an even worse flight than the one in January, on the Doha to Vietnam leg the food was served when it was opened a foul smell filled the cabin so bad that a woman two seats away threw up, I was not the only one who had foul food served, a couple rows away the same thing happened...The cabin crews response sorry I can't remove the tray we are serving, when another person threw up they quickly cleared the trays, so much for 5 Star Service but thats not for the peasants is it....

Back to the privilege club, you can spend your air miles on duty free on the flight, a slight problem they never give the machines out to allow this in peasants class, its only available to those up front who get access to them, so your air miles earned will NEVER reach a free upgrade unless you fly zillions of times in one year with them, why because they wipe out what you have earned annually unless used, a really sly sharp practice, all nicely hidden away...

Another cute and very sly trick they use is, you book online and your ticket class you book is e-mailed back saying economy, then a day or so later its confirmed, but check the small print and in particular the ticket class type it will have changed from an e to J or K or similar, try getting the terms and conditions for this change nearly impossible to get hold of and when you do. you may well find find a few nasty surprises hidden deep within them, we tried to change an inbound in January from Bangkok and the fee was more than the cost of the ticket for the whole flight, yes they are truly in the really shitty crappy airline class...

The seat pitch from Manchester to Doha is NOT as stated, so be aware if you code share with BMI you will get the lowest pitch of any airline, they justified this by saying its a BMI flight, as for the queues at security at Doha 1 hour is the typical average to get through a security (there figures and they say this is due to the stringent checks they make) it was so slack, its a joke. the operator on the x-ray monitor we went through got up went to chat to mate and we simply went through and picked our bags up....

I pre booked our seats direct with the airline office in Saigon to avoid the media boxes I am disabled and I need my leg outstretched, despite doing this they gave us a seat with a media box, I kicked up fuss in a nice quiet manner by saying I had a legally binding contract with your airline for these seat 12E and 12F I you don't allocate me those seats then when I return to UK on the seats you have allocated I will sue you, within minutes duly changed...

One thing I did notice all the empty seats had a Muslim Woman sat on the next seat to the empty one....

I accept each of us will a different experience using the same airlines, I can only relate my experiences the flight from Doha to Manchester is a "dry flight" ask for a beer after the light snack of a stale butty filled with some crap and they will say "sorry we have none" I have flown this route twice in the past 4 months and it happened both times not to me as I don't drink on flights, but to others nearby, therefore I can only relate my findings...

The airline is rated by me as being the worse ever flown, and I have been flying long haul for over 35 years even Aeroflot 15 years was better and its even worse than Garuda and they are the lowest of low....

Long haul for the majority of the members is inevitable, the journey to the LOS is at best painful, a crappy airline makes the journey a misery, the internet is tool which can help drive up standards and if we point the airlines to threads such as these instead of complaining directly to them then changes can be made for the betterment of the majority...

No airline will please everyone all of the time but all airlines should act in a positive manner and respond Qatar did not and as a disabled person the conclusions I have reached are they don't give a toss, and yes the planes are very very very old easily checked, so I have made my experiences known and voted with my wallet, I will never fly with them again and I am pleased to announce for the benefit of Qatar they have lost 40 flights so far this year as a direct result of my experiences...

I flew Qatar Airways once from Dubai to Doha & v.v. Wasn't too bad but I can appreciate seating issues being a problem. They do have more room between rows but when you're 188cm (6'2") there still isn't much room. Not catering for you was a serious lapse on their part though.

But even on my national carrier I sometimes get a bum deal. Last time I was on a Qantas 767 I got the seat with no window at all - just a blank wall. Even though it was a night flight it was very disconcerting. I'll certainly be asking not to be put there again.

Regards

James

• 3 weeks later...

For the people who favor Qatar, how do you manage with the 20KG limit?

Without a family a rich man is very poor

Second trip to LOS first time with Quatar-dont give a monkeys what the plane,s like I,d walk it all the way to see the lovely TG,s smiles! :)

Just flew back with Qatar and i must say i thought it was truly awful what with cramped seats( made easyjet look 5 star) ignorant flight attendants, inedible food and a shocking stopover in Doha. I swear ill never fly this airline again. Etihad all the way for me in may.

Just flew out.

Service excellent

Food good

Free bar

Entertainment system good - movies on demand plus games to while away the time

Value for money A+

I did get aisle seats though, I think in the middle would be horrendous

I JUST FLEW BACK WITH QATAR AND TO BE HONEST THEY WERNT THAT GREAT, I WAS LUCKY THOUGH ON THE JOURNY FROM BKK TO DOHA I GOT A WINDOW SEAT BUT THE FLIGHT WAS DIVERTED TO BOMBAY (INDIA) DUE TO SOME CHAP FALLING ILL THIS DID BREAK UP MY WAITING TIME IN DOHA AS I HAD A 7 HOUR WAIT FOR MY CONNECTING FLIGHT, 1 THING YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF IS IF YOU HAVE A WAIT OF OVER 5 HOURS YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FREE MEAL VOUCHER SOMETHING QATAR FAILED TO INFORM ME AND A FEW OTHERS OV I IMAGINE. THE AIRPORT IN DOHA IS A BAG OF BOLOCKS. THE SECOND PART OF MY FLIGHT DOHA TO MANCHESTER WAS EVEN WORSE HOWEVER I WAS LUCKY TO GET A SEAT BY THE EMERGENCY EXIT SO PLENTY OF LEG ROOM.THE CABIN ASSISTANCE WERE OF NO ASSISTANCE VERY POOR COMPAIRED TO ETIHAD WHO I FLEW WITH LAST TIME. I DIDNT NOTICE A DRY BAR AS I WAS ALLOWED TO DROWN MY SORROWS ON SOME NICE WHITE WINE AND SOME VODKA N COKE, I DONT THINK I WILL EVER BOOK WITH QATAR AGAIN THERE ARE BETTER AIR LINE NETWORKS OUT THERE. NEXT TIME I WILL STICK WITH ETIHAD EVEN IF THEY ARE A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew with Qatar airways and can appreciate much of what has been said above.

The media boxes under the seats are a pain and restrict leg room but I guess I was fortunate that there were plenty of seat vacant when all passengers had boarded meaning I was able to move seats and spread out if I wished. Generally, I had a positive experience, decent food and entertainment system. Can't really talk about the cabin crew as I never really bothered them.

The only negative aspect of the journey was the stop in Doha (if booking Qatar look to keep it to the shortest stopover possible). There is nothing to do in the airport and you will very easily get bored after 30 minutes. They have free wifi though so if you have a PDA or laptop it might be worth keeping that in your hand luggage to save some of your boredom in Doha.

I'd fly with them again only if the stopover is short.

I live in Doha so fly with them often. Usually in the front cabin which is superb. I did have a flight from LGW to DOH in economy a few months back, the worst experience really was the check in at Gatwick. The seats were ok, I am 6' 2" so always a bit cramped in economy. not great but similar to others.

If you do get the chance to go with them in Business or First, take it. I guess thats where they get the 5 star rating. The premium terminal at Doha is in a class of its own but the main terminal is a bag of nails and usually overfull.

Difficult to understand the comment about old planes, I think the oldest is 10 years cos thats when they started with a brand new fleet. My understanding is the older planes usually fly the Nepal, India BKK and PI routes as they carry a lot of ex pat labour on those flights.