Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fanciest Joiner friendly hotel?

dorkus84

Hey guys,

Was looking at some of these hotels, and I want one that's fancy , comfortable, has a good restaurant attach possibly , that sorta thing. 

I was looking at places like LK Royal Suite or August, but seeing as how I've never been I have no idea which to choose keeping in mind things like:

• Location to fun! (i don't need it to be far away and quiet, though my guess is the more expensive places are)
  • Amenities at the hotel (pool, restaurant, room service, etc)
  • NO Joiner fee! I'll pay for a double occupancy in the room even though i'm going solo, if that means drunkenly i don't have to worry about it when i stumble in.

This is my first time to Pattaya, so money isn't a concern, if i make this trip a semi annual thing, then i'll start looking at ways to cut costs... but for this first time i'm going balls to the wall... sparing no expense.

I'm continuing doing my research by combing through trip reports and the hotel section, but thought I would toss it out there!

Thanks guys!! Mucho Appreciated! 

-Dorkus

I am in LK metropole at the mo. Just book in as two people, and pay standard room rate. Free breakfast is choice. The girl just deposit her id card at the desk. Yesterday, went to pick up her id, and they had to look through a stack of 30 or so. Nice rooms 2200 tb. Check web site.

Beauty! thanks Goanna!

I'll take a look!

dusit d2 baraquada right at Second Road fits all your criterias. Here's my review: click me

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Wow! thats a funky looking suite! I agree strange layout.... but i myself am a little strange so perhaps it's a match! Thanks Zauberfee!!

Take a close look at the Marriott. Close in, yet the pool & grounds could be on it's own island. Outstanding breakfast buffet. May be one of the very best in Patts. 24 hour room service. Swim up bar for relaxing the afternoon away. Joiner friendly....need I say more?

Take a close look at the Marriott. Close in, yet the pool & grounds could be on it's own island. Outstanding breakfast buffet. May be one of the very best in Patts. 24 hour room service. Swim up bar for relaxing the afternoon away. Joiner friendly....need I say more?

+1

Is there a joiner fee for the Marriott though? i thought i heard stories of it not being so joiner friendly.... If that's the case that works really well for me because i'm a Marriott member! hahaha.

I'm at the Sheraton which is slightly out of town, but only a 100bht taxi ride in & out, 3 pools, great rooms, but next time I'm going to the Marriott, far better location.

What I would say is avoid the Hilton not friendly at all

Just updated the "5 most booked hotels" thread which might be useful to you.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/85750-pattaya-addicts-top-14-agoda-hotels/page-12#entry2228630

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Just updated the "5 most booked hotels" thread which might be useful to you.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/85750-pattaya-addicts-top-14-agoda-hotels/page-12#entry2228630

Thanks whitespider! I'll check it out!

We have never experienced a joiner fee at August Suites or the Marriott or any LK hotel.  If you are a pool person the Marriott is superb

That's good to know cerberus..... I think i'm between Marriott and dusit d2.... this is before checking out whitespiders list though ;) 

We have never experienced a joiner fee at August Suites

one joiner is for free, for the second girl you pay 500 THB

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

I had no joiner fee at the Marriott in May/June of this year.  Stayed in the main tower. After the second day they did not bother stopping me to collect ID cards.

Also had two guests hang out with me at the pool one day. No issues.

+1

+1

....well, I guess I should've said "+2"

I'm at the Sheraton which is slightly out of town, but only a 100bht taxi ride in & out, 3 pools, great rooms, but next time I'm going to the Marriott, far better location.

What I would say is avoid the Hilton not friendly at all

I am looking forward to staying at the Sheraton on points on my next trip (first time there for me), but the Marriott's location is impossible to beat in my opinion.  While I am scheduled for 1 night at the Marriott on that trip, I am working a "Hilton points angle" and may end up at the Hilton for three nights (& save the Marriott points for a future trip).

To the OP -- if you have a lot of Marriott points, I think they give you the 5th night free when you cash in points for 4 nights.

I had no joiner fee at the Marriott in May/June of this year.  Stayed in the main tower. After the second day they did not bother stopping me to collect ID cards.

Also had two guests hang out with me at the pool one day. No issues.

Same same for me -- no hassle, no joinder and, after a couple of days, they didn't even ask for i.d.  

I see posts all of the time suggesting there is a joinder fee at Marriott and I always ask the same question: "has anyone actually been CHARGED a fee there?"  I have yet to draw an affirmative response.

I review all hotels in Pattaya commercially.

I have absolutely no doubt that (if money is not an object) that The Dusit D2 Barracuda is the "fanciest" girl friendly hotel. It is 100% GF

+1

....well, I guess I should've said "+2"

I am looking forward to staying at the Sheraton on points on my next trip (first time there for me), but the Marriott's location is impossible to beat in my opinion.  While I am scheduled for 1 night at the Marriott on that trip, I am working a "Hilton points angle" and may end up at the Hilton for three nights (& save the Marriott points for a future trip).

To the OP -- if you have a lot of Marriott points, I think they give you the 5th night free when you cash in points for 4 nights.

Same same for me -- no hassle, no joinder and, after a couple of days, they didn't even ask for i.d.  

I see posts all of the time suggesting there is a joinder fee at Marriott and I always ask the same question: "has anyone actually been CHARGED a fee there?"  I have yet to draw an affirmative response.

You will often see posts about hotels having joiner fees. In almost 100% of reported cases these are when people have EMAILED the hotel asking the question.

Almost ALL hotels will respond in writing with "official" policy - they have to.

Official policy and "reality" are very different issues here.

Never been charged joiner fees at Marriott but their emails say there is.

I was at the Hilton a couple of weeks ago, took a certain bird from Nightwish back, no problems, same Dusit d2, no problems, they're the only 2 that my company deals with at the moment, so can't comment on the others. Cape Dara, that's next, fingers crossed.

Reading the thread again in full - but referring strictly to the OPs actual question.

I would agree that all hotels mentioned are VERY NICE, Hilton, Marriott, Tims etc. However I would not describe ANY of them as "flash". Dusit D2 on the other really could be called that :)

only if you get the suite rooms, the others are just that, nothing special, just been down today to renew contract, deal done, got a few more free nights coming up. God bless this job

if you want the best try Napalai villas, I think its on soi 16 Naklua, you even get your own pool.

I have stayed at the Marriott many times and have never had a joiner fee. Just to be sure make your reservation for one of the "Garden View" and always enter the hotel from the beach road side of the hotel. You will never have to go past the lobby to get to your room. Or enter from the Beach road side and when half way to the lobby go up the stairs to the second floor to get to the elevators one floor above the lobby without going past the front desk. 

One hotel of note, STAY AWAY FROM THE HARD ROCK hotel. They have a huge joiner fee. One time before my wife came to the US I went over to work in Sattahip and made double occupancy reservation at the Hard Rock. My wife didn't show up until a couple of days after I arrived and they charged me a joiner fee of 1900 baht ABOVE the double occupancy fee because she was Thai. I talked to management and they admitted that I was paying the double occupancy fee and we showed them everything to prove that we were married including her Thai ID Card that had my last name on it. They even admitted that we were married but still insisted on an additional 1900 Thb. I told them that I was leaving to go to another hotel and they didn't care so we went down the road to the Marriott where I am always welcomed.

Besides, the Hard rock has extremely small rooms for the price that they charge. I wouldn't recommend them even if I hadn't had this problem with them. 

I have stayed at the Marriott many times and have never had a joiner fee. Just to be sure make your reservation for one of the "Garden View" and always enter the hotel from the beach road side of the hotel. You will never have to go past the lobby to get to your room. Or enter from the Beach road side and when half way to the lobby go up the stairs to the second floor to get to the elevators one floor above the lobby without going past the front desk. 

I was wondering about this but didn't try it when I stayed there. Mystery solved on getting to the second floor to get to the elevator! Thanks!!!

The only bummer is that the baht bus drops you off up front. I guess I can walk back from WS.

Archived