Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

From Bangkok to Kanchanaburi - Advice Please

Soi Six Snatch Sniffer

Great set of pics and story Stevie B, ...I've been listening to the 'Doo Ter Tam' a few times this afternoon. Just one month to go my my next trip.. I can't wait.  

that song is ace lol

Mr Bastard a nice little review strange SSS is looking at this, as I am also thinking of taking a Girl I know up for 3 or 4 days and has been some Years since last around that way.

Just trying to decide on nice Hotel with Pools and close to some Massage places so I can nip out 55555555555

Ghosty

great minds think alike

great minds think alike

Yes Matey once a Monger always a Monger

What Dates are you thinking of going ?

not sure yet pal. sometime between 14th and 28th may

that song is ace lol

Yep, it certainly is , and enjoy your trip next month Reg.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

I spent 3 days in kanchanaburi in Feb this year. Read that the trains can be painfully unreliable, I hate minibuses, so went by big bus from the southern bus station. From nana, taxis were asking 1000 baht! as it is quite far but gridlocked a lot of the way. In the end, I got the local bus (can't remember number but its all over trip adviser etc) from sukhumvit, about 2 mins walk from nana. Price was 17baht and took about an hour -would not have been quicker in taxi. No probs with giant suitcase, as loads of room on bus -would use the bus again.

stayed at http://www.noblenight-guesthouse.com/ cheap, clean, girl friendly, so no probs. There are a few bars with girls within 3 mins walking distance. Few restaurants and night market about 10 mins walk. Very few girls around, so choice limited. A bit of a group of us went to a thai disco where we took our own booze -that was fun. The town centre is not within walking distance from the bars, but i didn't venture there anyway. Place seems popular with golfers.

Couldn't be bothered with any trips as need to be up at 7am lol. So did bugger all for a few days and went back to bangkok same way i came. I know, very lazy. probably should have stayed in the town area as there is nothing nearby the guesthouse -blazing sun made it hard to walk too far without any shelter or aircon opportunities as that road is a bit baron.

not sure yet pal. sometime between 14th and 28th may

26th May for me,  heading north for a few days then will be in Patts. 

Stevie

26th May for me,  heading north for a few days then will be in Patts.

@SSS think I may miss you then as looking around 30th

Mr Bastard may see you then not sure on dates yet or location covering my options with both here and Hua Hin

Ghosty

I spent 3 days in kanchanaburi in Feb this year. Read that the trains can be painfully unreliable, I hate minibuses, so went by big bus from the southern bus station. From nana, taxis were asking 1000 baht! as it is quite far but gridlocked a lot of the way. In the end, I got the local bus (can't remember number but its all over trip adviser etc) from sukhumvit, about 2 mins walk from nana. Price was 17baht and took about an hour -would not have been quicker in taxi. No probs with giant suitcase, as loads of room on bus -would use the bus again.

stayed at http://www.noblenight-guesthouse.com/ cheap, clean, girl friendly, so no probs. There are a few bars with girls within 3 mins walking distance. Few restaurants and night market about 10 mins walk. Very few girls around, so choice limited. A bit of a group of us went to a thai disco where we took our own booze -that was fun. The town centre is not within walking distance from the bars, but i didn't venture there anyway. Place seems popular with golfers.

Couldn't be bothered with any trips as need to be up at 7am lol. So did bugger all for a few days and went back to bangkok same way i came. I know, very lazy. probably should have stayed in the town area as there is nothing nearby the guesthouse -blazing sun made it hard to walk too far without any shelter or aircon opportunities as that road is a bit baron.

thanks for the info pal, I may try and get the bus.

decided to get a bus from Pattaya and then the minibus from Victory Monument, just one more question, how easy is it to get to the SKY TRAIN from the bus stop when I arrive in BKK

Assuming you get the bus to Ekkamai bus station:

Come out of the station to Sukhumvit (straight ahead, BTS runs above it so you can't miss it).  Turn left on Sukhumvit and you'll be at Ekkamai BTS in no time, depending how long your legs are.

Ekkamai BTS to Victory Monument BTS: take train for Mochit BTS; Victory Monument is the tenth stop.

Here you go SSS

BTS-map.jpeg

thanks ghosty and kansuwan, most helpful.

The skytrain is the way to go,  cheap, reliable and quick.

You just put 20/30 baht in coins into a machine,  click what station you want to go to and it prints you a ticket.  On you go,  Lot's of uni girls use this mode of transport.  makes for pleasant viewing .  

Stevie

Kanchanaburi like Patts. now in Google street view

Thanks,  will take a look

Stevie

Archived