IGNORED

From Bangkok to Kanchanaburi - Advice Please

Soi Six Snatch Sniffer

I am planning on going to Kanchanaburi for a few days from BKK. Could anyone give me any advice on how to get there, where from (bus station etc), how much I can expect to pay and where would be my best place to stay (near the nightlife, if there is any worth going to). I am not bothered about River Kwai or Waterfalls etc, would just like a few nights there, Are there any girls there willing to P4P, is the nightlife anywhere near the bus/trainstation etc and what is the best hotel to stay at. I guess I am asking a lot but I know you are the guys to help me. Basically, I want to stay there 2 nights in a decent ish hotel (no too pricey though) near to the nightlife. Thanks in advance.

3 hours and 100 baht with the train from Thonburi station.

http://www.bangkokforvisitors.com/essentials/getting-around/thonburi-station.php

http://www.kanchanaburi-info.com/en/train.html

2 hours and 99 baht with the bus from the Southern busstation.

http://www.kanchanaburi-info.com/en/bus.html

I think BM Frank La Rue is an expert on everything Kanchanaburi .

3 hours and 100 baht with the train from Hualamphong station.

thanks pal. Is the Soutern bus station the same one as EKARMI.

3 hours and 100 baht with the train from Thonburi station.

http://www.bangkokforvisitors.com/essentials/getting-around/thonburi-station.php

Thanks Andy for those kind words. Here is my recommendation:

1. hotel for Single, White Male: Rive Kwai hotel

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297924-d668538-r126724618-River_Kwai_Hotel-Kanchanaburi_Kanchanaburi_Province.html

It has on-site Cowboy bar with Free lancers and full-on fun. I have stayed there with my family, which is why I don't stay there again but at the Felix River Kway Resort - I am a family man and a father and only gets frustrated by the apparent opportunities in the Cowboy Bar and have to settle for familiar sex with wife, familiar procedure and no hunt, Albeith I have to say, on the balance I love her and settle for family life at the age of 58 instead of the hunt.

2. Beer Bars for Freelancers allong the riverside (ask for direction in the reception - walking distance)

2.1. Jolly Frog Pub

2,2, Aussie Pub (for sale)

3. General Info

http://kanchanaburi.sawadee.com/nightlife.html#Mueang

4. On the balance I would say

4.1. Chang Mai is the best town in Thailand because of the temperate climate combined with uni  girls, nightlife and business. Unfortunaltey my wife is not from Chang Mai

4.2. At second place I rank Kanchanaburi Province because of beauty, friendly people and variety of things to do. It drops on the scale due to heat (43 degrees last week)

4.3.  Chonburi for reasons we all know and infrastructure, closeness to Suwanabom and and , and.............(insert your individual preferences here)

5. As a guitar player (I own a Fender telecaster special edition) I've always dreamed of performing with Brian Wilson and his band - doing "I wish they all were Kanchanaburi Giiiiiirrrrls......."

Kanchanaburi is good - not the only place, but good. They are getting an international school now in Tha Maka in 2013 and there are farangs there when you get into the local environment.

http://www.globaltravelmate.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/bangkok-arrival/996-bangkok-southern-bus-terminal.html

No, Ekamai is the busstation to go to Pattaya and it seems to be a hassle to get to the Southern busstation.

Maybe it's the best option to take the BTS to Victory monument and take a minibus there, should be below 150 baht, they leave whenever one is full, every 15 minutes or so, be prepared to have a few backpackers as travellingcompagnons :-)

I would take the train! Trains are fun in Thailand, you see views you don't see when you take the bus, in every station women try to sell you stuff to eat and they have ice cold beer available!

Frank,

are there beerbars in Kanchanaburi?

and guesthouses in the 600 to 800 baht price range that you can recommend?

It is best to stay on the riverside near the bridge i assume?

I'm going there in February with a friend, a motorbike trip leaving from Hua Hin.

Transport to Kanchanaburi:

http://kanchanaburi.sawadee.com/transfer.htmlu

It's specified in the link I posted above. Andy is correct  - Ekamai does not work, the train is fun and you can identify th train ride to hell fire pass in Kan,

Get your ass over here, Thai girls in the province like sex too and we have a Cowboy Bar where Carrabao performed lately. When I ordred the filet steak with mushroom sauce I got the musroom soup of the day, It all sorted itself out and everybody experienced a win-win including Carrabao.

v

Frank,

are there beerbars in Kanchanaburi?

and guesthouses in the 600 to 800 baht price range that you can recommend?

It is best to stay on the riverside near the bridge i assume?

I'm going there in February with a friend, a motorbike trip leaving from Hua Hin.

The most reputable guest house in Kanchanaburi town is Apple's Guesthouse - albeith I have never stayed there,

The beer bars are along the riverside. There are great reataurants on the river next to the bridge over Rive Kwai,  bring a girl or you find a FL at the beer bar and bring her there, it's a good procedure.

NOTE: You cannot buy a Gin Tonic or Wisky before dinner on these floating restaurants - you have to buy  the bottle. You can take the rest away and bring  it back for the next meal or get your name on  it and leave it there

As Andy says

We got a minibus with the locals from opposite the victory monument think it took 2hrs cost about 170bt

I am planning on going to Kanchanaburi for a few days from BKK. Could anyone give me any advice on how to get there, where from (bus station etc), how much I can expect to pay and where would be my best place to stay (near the nightlife, if there is any worth going to). I am not bothered about River Kwai or Waterfalls etc, would just like a few nights there, Are there any girls there willing to P4P, is the nightlife anywhere near the bus/trainstation etc and what is the best hotel to stay at. I guess I am asking a lot but I know you are the guys to help me. Basically, I want to stay there 2 nights in a decent ish hotel (no too pricey though) near to the nightlife. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bangkokfo...uri-station.php

Thanks Andy for those kind words. Here is my recommendation:

1. Hotel for Single, White Male: Rive Kwai Hotel

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297924-d668538-r126724618-River_Kwai_Hotel-Kanchanaburi_Kanchanaburi_Province.html

It has on-site Cowboy bar with Free lancers and full-on fun. I have stayed there with my family, which is why I don't stay there again but at the Felix River Kway Resort - I am a family man and a father and only gets frustrated by the apparent opportunities in the Cowboy Bar and have to settle for familiar sex with wife, familiar procedure and no hunt, Albeith I have to say, on the balance I love her and settle for family life at the age of 58 instead of the hunt.

2. Beer Bars for Freelancers allong the riverside (ask for direction in the reception - walking distance)

2.1. Jolly Frog Pub

2,2, Aussie Pub (for sale)

3. General Info

http://kanchanaburi.sawadee.com/nightlife.html#Mueang

4. On the balance I would say

4.1. Chang Mai is the best town in Thailand because of the temperate climate combined with uni  girls, nightlife and business. Unfortunaltey my wife is not from Chang Mai

4.2. At second place I rank Kanchanaburi Province because of beauty, friendly people and variety of things to do. It drops on the scale due to heat (43 degrees last week)

4.3.  Chonburi for reasons we all know and infrastructure, closeness to Suwanabom and and , and.............(insert your individual preferences here)

5. As a guitar player (I own a Fender telecaster special edition) I've always dreamed of performing with Brian Wilson and his band - doing "I wish they all were Kanchanaburi Giiiiiirrrrls......."

Kanchanaburi is good - not the only place, but good. They are getting an international school now in Tha Maka in 2013 and there are farangs there when you get into the local environment.

thanks, had a look at the hotel and it looks cheap and cheerful. Find it difficult to believe there would be freelancers in the hotel bar but will take your word for it. Like the idea of it being only a 15 minute walk from the bus station.

http://www.globaltravelmate.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/bangkok-arrival/996-bangkok-southern-bus-terminal.html

No, Ekamai is the busstation to go to Pattaya and it seems to be a hassle to get to the Southern busstation.

Maybe it's the best option to take the BTS to Victory monument and take a minibus there, should be below 150 baht, they leave whenever one is full, every 15 minutes or so, be prepared to have a few backpackers as travellingcompagnons :-)

I would take the train! Trains are fun in Thailand, you see views you don't see when you take the bus, in every station women try to sell you stuff to eat and they have ice cold beer available!

why is it a hassle to get to the southern bus station, dont taxis go there, is it a long way from nana??

Transport to Kanchanaburi:

http://kanchanaburi.sawadee.com/transfer.htmlu

It's specified in the link I posted above. Andy is correct  - Ekamai does not work, the train is fun and you can identify th train ride to hell fire pass in Kan,

Get your ass over here, Thai girls in the province like sex too and we have a Cowboy Bar where Carrabao performed lately. When I ordred the filet steak with mushroom sauce I got the musroom soup of the day, It all sorted itself out and everybody experienced a win-win including Carrabao.

whats carraboa?

As Andy says

We got a minibus with the locals from opposite the victory monument think it took 2hrs cost about 170bt

is the minibus place easy to find from victory monument?

whats carraboa?

This  -

Famous Thai band

Stevie

thanks, had a look at the hotel and it looks cheap and cheerful. Find it difficult to believe there would be freelancers in the hotel bar but will take your word for it. Like the idea of it being only a 15 minute walk from the bus station.

why is it a hassle to get to the southern bus station, dont taxis go there, is it a long way from nana??

They have taxi's that go there ofcourse but no skytrain, best way to go there is take the skytrain to the victory monument and take a taxi from there (beats both, time and price) but.... the vans  that drive to Kanchanaburi are at the Victory monument, so why take a cab to the Southern busstation....

Reg, I would take the train for an authentic experience, instead of the usual manic Thai bus/taxi ride. It is slow, wooden seats and all that, but take some refreshments and get to know the firendly locals that use the line, relax into it and watch the world go by. I think you get off at Kan'buri station (before River Kwai).

There are nice cheap bungalow-style accomms on the river front. Beer bars on the end of the riverside road (toawrds the war cemetery) - have girls - you of all people won't have trouble finding a girl.

A trip to the falls can be good for a nice cool swim. There are loads of agents in town so no need to book ahead. Tiger temple, if you want to see tigers and Hellfire Pass and other war stuff.

If you really want to go all the way or Kan'buri bores you, you can go on to Sangklaburi sleepy town near the Burma border which has a manmade lake where you can do watersports and things. That's more a two night thing. There is - or was - maybe he carked it - a grumpy Yank who runs a roadside bar on the riverfront street 'Expats Bar' - who has a guesthouse up there

Hey,   SSSS

I have only been up there one time,  i enjoyed it, a different day out but i had a chick(s) on tow so didn't have to do any searching. I didn't even know there were any mongering bars  there as Frank has pointed out. Personally i think it is a  good place to take a chick out for the day though i understand we are not all the same,  maybe that is not for you.

A little background to my visit to Kanchanaburi -

I had met a girl named Kikie who was a clerk in a bank On Sukhumvit in Bangkok, i had a problem with a lost bank card to an account which held a lot of my holiday funds in,   had to get my mother to  wire me money as my bank in the UK refused to send a new card to Thailand,  Kikie had great English and was very helpful and sorted everything out for me right down to providing a bag to carry the cash in as it was a fair bundle ( £1700)  converted to baht and would no doubt attract the attention of undesirables if  spotted.    

As a thank you and more in hope than anything else i asked her if she wanted to go to a restaurant for dinner that night, she accepted (after a little hesitation) .

I'm sitting in the restaurant bar waiting and she walks in with a Thai guy who it turned out was a gay man called Em who also worked in the bank.  Kikie was blunt and told me she was a bit apprehensive about coming to meet me alone.  when i thought about it i suppose you can't blame her really.   

Kikie, Em and i 

h90.JPG

h91.JPG

Over the next few days i was visiting Nana and Beer Garden for some afternoon fun and then on to see Kikie at night for something to eat, a drink, then eventually she came to spend the night at my hotel .  -  Bingo.

She had mentioned she wanted to go to Kanchanaburi to visit a good friend, i said i'd take her,  great, all arranged she said we were being picked up at 7am in the morning,  WTF?  a bit early i thought.

Morning comes and we step outside the hotel and a mini bus is waiting for us,  the door slides open and there are Four Thai chicks inside. Kikie introduces them,  they are all friends from when they were at college together and they want to go with us.  All good and well but i'm thinking ouch this could turn out to be an expensive day.  5555

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=14.881087,100.975342&spn=6.208468,7.064209&t=m&z=7

As it turned out it wasn't so bad.  I paid for the minibus which was 2000 baht but the guy was with us the whole day, picked us up at 7am,  we headed in a north westerly direction out of Bangkok, stopped off at a floating market for 2 hours or so,  went to some village to pick up Kikie's friend and on to Kanchanaburi where we visited the Kwai Bridge, some war memorial (not my thing)  then on to Tiger Temple.  Then i took them all to a cheap Thai restaurant where they ordered mountains of food,  Stayed up there till about 10 pm and driven back to Bangkok.  I thought all that travel for 2000 baht was excellent value and we always had the bus nearby,  no need for public transport.

I  have added some pics,  firstly of the floating market, then in the village on the way up where we met some of the girls college friends,  the Kwai bridge, Tiger Temple.

All in all it was a good day out, the girls loved it and i think at the end of the day it cost me 6500 baht which i didn't mind. Money's spent on Bus, food, boat to get round the floating market, Tiger Temple and a few trinkets and snacks . 

Hope this helps you in your decision SSSS,   

h92.JPG

h93.JPG

h94.JPG

h96.JPG

h97.JPG

Stevie

more -

DSCN0191.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

h98.JPG

h100.JPG

h101.JPG

h102.JPG

h108.JPG

h111.JPG

h117.JPG

Stevie

Great set of pics and story Stevie B, ...I've been listening to the 'Doo Ter Tam' a few times this afternoon. Just one month to go my my next trip.. I can't wait.  

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Great set of pics and story Stevie B, ...I've been listening to the 'Doo Ter Tam' a few times this afternoon. Just one month to go my my next trip.. I can't wait.  

me too                       :Party5:

Stevie

This  -

Famous Thai band

ah I see, I love this song!!

more -

attachicon.gifDSCN0191.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1408.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1437.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1444.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0606.JPG

attachicon.gifh98.JPG

attachicon.gifh100.JPG

attachicon.gifh101.JPG

attachicon.gifh102.JPG

attachicon.gifh108.JPG

attachicon.gifh111.JPG

attachicon.gifh117.JPG

thanks Steve, some good information there and some FANTASTIC PHOTOS. Especially the ones with the tigers, unbelievable. Seems you had a really good time there, I am quite looking forward to it. I will be meeting my lady (she lives there), but gonna try and arrive a day early (which is why I asked about freelancers lol). Thanks for taking the time, very informative.

thanks Steve, some good information there and some FANTASTIC PHOTOS. Especially the ones with the tigers, unbelievable. Seems you had a really good time there, I am quite looking forward to it. I will be meeting my lady (she lives there), but gonna try and arrive a day early (which is why I asked about freelancers lol). Thanks for taking the time, very informative.

So you are hoping to get a fly fuck in before you meet the good lady?  555  typical

Stevie

So you are hoping to get a fly fuck in before you meet the good lady?  555  typical

Yeah its a bit of a cunts trick isnt it, But then again I am a cunt.  :GoldenSmile1:

Mr Bastard a nice little review strange SSS is looking at this, as I am also thinking of taking a Girl I know up for 3 or 4 days and has been some Years since last around that way.

Just trying to decide on nice hotel with Pools and close to some massage places so I can nip out 55555555555

Ghosty

Archived