IGNORED

The Nags Head - Horse pick thread

Steven B'stard

Randwick racecourse looks very impressive.... 

During the lockdown , I got bit bored at home , watched so many Netflix , done the garden and few repairs at home . I went back to my old days of betting on racing post.com and found a yankee win on that day , 30/07/1992 .  Probably the best wins of my punters life .  What’s yours ? 

Further Flight 7/1 .... My favourite horse of all time , sadly died 2002 . 

Little Bean 9/1

Freddie Lloyd 5/1 ( got him 9/1 at morning prices )

Daru 12/1  .. Steve Cauthen , American jockey rode a lots of winners in UK .  

ED8D2FF1-A3F2-4B12-97A9-25247384BE48.jpeg

Posted Sunday at 10:53 by JockyKing
During the lockdown , I got bit bored at home , watched so many Netflix , done the garden and few repairs at home . I went back to my old days of betting on racing post.com and found a yankee win on that day , 30/07/1992 .  Probably the best wins of my punters life .  What’s yours ?

In 2018 i booked a month trip to UAE from BKK and attended the World Cup Night in Dubai at Meydan.  I studied for hours all the races so much I realised it would be crazy to do my usual modest stakes.  All that  many weeks of effort merited max bets, antepost. I found 8 of 10 winners.  £3,500+ profit. £100 a race staked.  All non handicaps obviously and runners known weeks before so enabling studying.

Never had more than £10 on ever before or since. Never will.  It was a holiday and event of a lifetime. I got carried away but it worked out.  

Edited by Wingeing Pom
  • Like 3

On 12/04/2020 at 04:53, jocky king said:

During the lockdown , I got bit bored at home , watched so many Netflix , done the garden and few repairs at home . I went back to my old days of betting on racing post.com and found a yankee win on that day , 30/07/1992 .  Probably the best wins of my punters life .  What’s yours ? 

This is probably the cumalitive biggest and certainly my most interesting! 

I alway's say one of my early trips was paid for by SkyBet. Every free fiver on a Monday morning, and every small winning bet all went on Barcelona winning the  La Liga  title in 2014/15. As the season progressed the odds although short were holding up as Real Madrid were pushing them that season but i kept going and used it like a savings account with added interst :)   Then one day in May about 80 bets all paid out on the same day and i used the money to book some business class flights for that August. 

I have never been a bell ringer but on my first night i rang the bell on Soi6 (cant even rememebr which bar, probably Pussy Club or Horny bar at the time) and had the girls all toast Messi. (unsurprisingly he scored the winning goal that sealed the title) That caused some strange questioning looks :)

What is intersting looking back is that on average I probably only doubled my money but i think what worked that year was that i was putting it away by making it work for me rather than just leaving the bits in my account to reuse. 

• Like 4

Can't remember when ,but a £1 reversed forecast paid me a little over £200. :)

my best ever payout to stake ..

• Like 3

Took $100 betting money to pub for Melbourne cup day back when. 40 minutes before the race down to $10, mate I was drinking with tipped me into a 10/1 winner in Adelaide which won so I had my $100 to bet with.

Half pissed I had 50 each way on Vintage Crop from Ireland in the cup which saluted at 16/1 so ended up well ahead & got pretty pissed & had one of those days when I backed winners out of my arse. Stopped betting when I fucked up a betting ticket by having a 100 for a place instead of a win on an evens favourite which saluted.

Have not been betting for last 20 or so years except for the occasional Melbourne cup & had more losing days than winning before that

• Like 3

www.sugarcanemafia.com

10 minutes ago, froddo said:

Took $100 betting money to pub for Melbourne cup day back when. 40 minutes before the race down to $10, mate I was drinking with tipped me into a 10/1 winner in Adelaide which won so I had my $100 to bet with.

Half pissed I had 50 each way on Vintage Crop from Ireland in the cup which saluted at 16/1 so ended up well ahead & got pretty pissed & had one of those days when I backed winners out of my arse. Stopped betting when I fucked up a betting ticket by having a 100 for a place instead of a win on an evens favourite which saluted.

Have not been betting for last 20 or so years except for the occasional Melbourne cup & had more losing days than winning before that

Vintage Crop was some horse , trained by Dermot Wells , rode by Michael Kinane . Both are top class .  Never backed him as I thought he wouldn’t like the turf over there as no irish horse ever wins there . Many irish punters was so sick over this but delighted for Michael Kinane & Dermot Wells . 

• Like 3

Ive been following horse racing for many decades. I knew about the quarterhorse sprint races in USA.

I always thought they race from 3 furlongs approx and up ... in English measurement.

But I was astonished to see live .. a 100 metre race ?%$!!!!    ...... yesterday from Remington Park USA

Actually it was 101 metres and it took 6.8 seconds.  Who'd have thunked it. I thought it was a misprint in internet racecard. I think thats about half a furlong in real 'money'.

It had about 15 runners and I correctly predicted a tight finish. Ha ha.

Perhaps its only me who did not know about such races.

Screenshot_20200420-100159_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Wingeing Pom
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think everything being closed is possibly getting to me.

67 thoroughbred races in Oz today ... all on TV ... 8 hours.  

Got a tiny minimal interest in every one.  Possibly extreme behaviour but fun way to spend the day

My way of celebrating a big birthday .. before other plans later. No booze a downer.

54 minutes ago, Wingeing Pom said:

My way of celebrating a big birthday .. before other plans later. No booze a downer.

:Birthday_Cake:

• Like 1

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Heard this morning on BBC ,racing starts at long champ,Paris  ,on Monday and also read in paper that UK racing could be one of the first sports back 

Formbook out boys 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back in business guys , Monday , they're off at Newcastle , official from BBC briefing in the last hour 

Ten races on the card  , Monday 1 at June 

Yippee

First order of business, I need to settle with Sigram. PM me your postal address mate so I can send you your winnings which you can save for a trip or take to the bank & exchange for quids euros francs et al.

My form guide website is still in business so I'll be back tipping future dogmeat winners again, looking forward to it

www.sugarcanemafia.com

6 hours ago, froddo said:

First order of business, I need to settle with Sigram. PM me your postal address mate so I can send you your winnings which you can save for a trip or take to the bank & exchange for quids euros francs et al.

My form guide website is still in business so I'll be back tipping future dogmeat winners again, looking forward to it

hey Froddo thanks for the thought.  I really enjoy doing this and the spirit of competion i think is really good, while not in it for the money it does help in channneling the mind :)   rather than send it to me if you dont mind and are able i would like it donated to the Nightwish charity for feeding the people with no income, it is especially humbling to see Mr Flowers Snr producing little packs for children in the queue and anything I think helps.  There has been a lot of businesses step up to the mark during these difficult times and this is one that I know is still trying to do things for the locals.

Thank you, hopefully catch up with you and everybodies tips on Saturday., all the best, Gary

https://gogetfunding.com/night-wish-group-pattaya-feeding-people-that-have-no-income-around-pattaya/

• Like 2

Done and a pleasure donated as Sigram PA's premium tipster.:P

I have been using my pension pittance to help support my friends at WFFT who with the drought & covid are struggling to feed 700+ rescued wildlife.

Amount: ฿1,000.00 THB
Transaction date: 4 June 2020
Transaction ID: 9PF258263W239394E

cheers

• Like 1

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Welcome back all tipsters & spectators. It's let's beat Sigram month, go to it guys

14 - 05 ---- Newcastle ---- Red Bond

14 - 40 ---- Newcastle ---- Prince of Aaron

Have fun

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Punctuation  15.00 Newmarket

Thai Power 20.25 Lingers  

Morning tipsters , let's get back on the ball .racing back on TV in UK yesterday and some good horses out at Newmarket 

Stoute horses in form , let's go for ,

Queen POWER Newmarket 2.25

CALCULATION , Newmarket 5.55 

Good luck all , 

Morning, good to see you all, hope everybody is ok.

Comptons Finale 5:05 Newcastle

Motomayiz 6:40 Lingfield

good luck guys.

photo

On behalf of PA's premium tipster

Sigram

Backed with ฿1000.00 On Jun 04, 2020

I thought Winx pic was suitable as Sigram is heading for 33 in a row:P

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Morning all I hope everyone is safe and well as we getting back to some sort of normality .

13:50. Newmarket. Far Above

14:40. Newcastle. Withhold

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Arizona 15.35 Newmarket

Montatham 16.10  Newmarket . 

I will send money to Father Ray Foundations instead for the orphans in Pattaya  .. Will show you the receipt as soon I get it by post . 

1 hour ago, jocky king said:

I will send money to Father Ray Foundations instead for the orphans in Pattaya  .. Will show you the receipt as soon I get it by post . 

Fabulous idea Jocky, thank you and hope you are well.