IGNORED

How is Barstool Banter appropriate for posting worldwide news?

rated

Ill move this topic from Barstool Banter to Board/forum issues.

Reporting topics that need moving is a big help to us.

I don't think there is a 'off topic and funny shit' bit of the non advanced forum? so this is probably why it's put in 'barstool banter'?

is there a news bit in the general section??

I'm off to have a look!

Bill

555 hoisted by his own petard! 5555

555555555555 I never thought that thing called sarcasm was the lowest form of wit but Oh how I like it :GoldenSmile1:

555 hoisted by his own petard! 5555

555555555555 I never thought that thing called sarcasm was the lowest form of wit but Oh how I like it :GoldenSmile1:

In fairness and sarcasm aside, Rated has a valid point, I move numerous threads per day but we can't catch them all.

If we got more reports from members regarding this it would be a big help IMO.

I don't think there is a 'off topic and funny shit' bit of the non advanced forum? so this is probably why it's put in 'barstool banter'?

is there a news bit in the general section??

I'm off to have a look!

Bill

There isn't, and that's why I like to post in Barstool Banter because I like opinions and perspectives of many people not just advanced members. If you look at the Off Topic section in the advanced members section the discussion/debate is not as much as when everyone is involved.

I mean, does it really make a difference where some topics are placed? Is it really that 'harmful' to this forum or to board members in general that some topics are placed in some areas and not others, as long as it does not involve hateful or inflammatory subjects or responses? I thought there's a thing called personal choice whether you want to read a thread or not.

Nice for the OP to look out for me, but I count at last 5 threads in the Barstool Banter section now that has nothing to do with Thailand at all, and I have no problems with it. If you go back further, there's even more.

Methinks someone has an agenda here.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

In fairness and sarcasm aside, Rated has a valid point, I move numerous threads per day but we can't catch them all.

If we got more reports from members regarding this it would be a big help IMO.

Just out of general interest, what would be the correct place to put a news story in the general/non-advanced section??

There isn't, and that's why I like to post in Barstool Banter because I like opinions and perspectives of many people not just advanced members. If you look at the Off Topic section in the advanced members section the discussion/debate is not as much as when everyone is involved.

I mean, does it really make a difference where some topics are placed? Is it really that 'harmful' to this forum or to board members in general that some topics are placed in some areas and not others, as long as it does not involve hateful or inflammatory subjects or responses? I thought there's a thing called personal choice whether you want to read a thread or not.

Nice for the OP to look out for me, but I count at last 5 threads in the Barstool Banter section now that has nothing to do with Thailand at all, and I have no problems with it. If you go back further, there's even more.

Are you having a pop at me?  you know I am not the OP, I just responded.

Bill

Not pointing any fingers. Was just giving examples. We see more off topics thread daily so just thought to share my views. 

Just out of general interest, what would be the correct place to put a news story in the general/non-advanced section??

Are you having a pop at me?  you know I am not the OP, I just responded.

Bill

No, I wasn't responding to you, just having my regular spastic moments.

Not pointing any fingers. Was just giving examples. We see more off topics thread daily so just thought to share my views. 

Ok, fair enough.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Archived