IGNORED

Your dream car

QuotaMan

I'm not a huge car fanatic but I do fantasize about what kind of car I'd get if I won the lottery.

I think the Nissan GTR is really cool, but my dream car nowadays is the Ford Mustang Boss 302 (I love Mustangs and had a few in years gone by).

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Mustang looks like a 'real man's car' . I once had a Renault Clio V6 phase 2 , a dangerous little bastard to drive but great fun .

Best car i had was an Impreza STI , 400hp prodrive tuned with all the goodies but still dreaming of the Nissan GTR .

Only little bit afraid all the fun is filtered out of it by all the electronics .

I guess I was lucky as I had my 'realistic' dream car for almost 4 years back in the UK.

Made especially for the Motor Show the interior colour was a 5,000GBP extra. I bought it 6 months old saved a fortune.

DSC00071.JPG

eng1.jpg

int1.jpg

Blackwall Tunnel.mp4

Now if money no object then it would have to be the new Lamborghini Veneno only making 3 of them for a cool $3.9 million!

2013_lamborghini_veneno_01-0305-m 610x450.jpg

2013_lamborghini_veneno_08-0305-m 610x450.jpg

2013_lamborghini_veneno_10-0305-m 610x450.jpg

2013_lamborghini_veneno_05-0305-m 610x450.jpg

2013_lamborghini_veneno_02-0305-m 610x450.jpg

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Hi Para - a TVR Cereba (?) if I am not mistaken...mate of mine calls it a gentleman's carriage. I am sure u will agree that TVRs are for enthusiasts, as they always need some sort of work on them. Very nice cars tho...which model did John travolta drive in the movie Swordfish?

Back in the day I had Range Rovers, BMW, Merc, Audi etc...now in LOS I have a little Scoopy scooter...driven by my chauffer aka Mrs Lottellee Winna. To be honest cars don't really interest me so much now.

Hi Para - a TVR Cereba (?) if I am not mistaken...mate of mine calls it a gentleman's carriage. I am sure u will agree that TVRs are for enthusiasts, as they always need some sort of work on them. Very nice cars tho...which model did John travolta drive in the movie Swordfish?

Back in the day I had Range Rovers, BMW, Merc, Audi etc...now in LOS I have a little Scoopy scooter...driven by my chauffer aka Mrs Lottellee Winna. To be honest cars don't really interest me so much now.

Yes mate it was a 4.5 ltr 440hp absolute animal. 0 - 60 in 3.9 sec and a top end of 200mph+. Problem was it was a front mid mount so controlling the back end which constantly got light was hard work. Funny it was a 4 seater but literally everyone I knew only ever came out in it the once with me. Never could work that out ;-)

I had it over 4 years bought from a dealer in Devon so they would have to send a flat bed to collect it each time I broke it. Worked out it was away being fixed for over 18 months all added up. Never knew if it would start one day to the next or when (not if) it would break again BUT it was a dream come true having it.

JT drove the Tuscan which came out after the Cerbera.

Hey I am lucky to of had the chance of owning one but now same as you I am happy on my rental scooter!

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Yes mate it was a 4.5 ltr 440hp absolute animal. 0 - 60 in 3.9 sec and a top end of 200mph+. Problem was it was a front mid mount so controlling the back end which constantly got light was hard work. Funny it was a 4 seater but literally everyone I knew only ever came out in it the once with me. Never could work that out ;-)

I had it over 4 years bought from a dealer in Devon so they would have to send a flat bed to collect it each time I broke it. Worked out it was away being fixed for over 18 months all added up. Never knew if it would start one day to the next or when (not if) it would break again BUT it was a dream come true having it.

JT drove the Tuscan which came out after the Cerbera.

Hey I am lucky to of had the chance of owning one but now same as you I am happy on my rental scooter!

Hi Para - a mate of mine in the UK is obsessed by TVRs (mostly the old Taimars and Tasmins). He is a great guy but a trifle eccentric...he owns 4 of them and none of them are on the road...WTF?  In fact my mate is writing a film-script about the guy who was the driving force behind TVR in the swinging sixties.

Back in the day,  I used to have a Porsche 944 and it was really reliable...good fun too - bit of a bird puller back in the day :LOL2:

I owned a Mustang GT when I lived in California and really enjoyed it.  Didn't have nearly the horsepower as the one in the video but was a convertible with an outstanding sound system.  My favorite car I've owned was a Porsche 944 but it used to break down all the time and always cost a fortune to fix.  The fastest I drove it on public roads was 210 kph, California emissions regulations being the limiting factor.

Some nice cars at the Bangkok Motor Show last week.

DSC_0518.JPGDSC_0565.JPGDSC_0039.JPGDSC_0062.JPGDSC_0559.JPGDSC_0040.JPGDSC_0322.JPG

Retired

I guess I was lucky as I had my 'realistic' dream car for almost 4 years back in the UK.

Made especially for the Motor Show the interior colour was a 5,000GBP extra. I bought it 6 months old saved a fortune.

attachicon.gifDSC00071.JPG

attachicon.gifeng1.jpg

attachicon.gifint1.jpg

attachicon.gifBlackwall Tunnel.mp4

Now if money no object then it would have to be the new Lamborghini Veneno only making 3 of them for a cool $3.9 million!

attachicon.gif2013_lamborghini_veneno_01-0305-m 610x450.jpg

attachicon.gif2013_lamborghini_veneno_08-0305-m 610x450.jpg

attachicon.gif2013_lamborghini_veneno_10-0305-m 610x450.jpg

attachicon.gif2013_lamborghini_veneno_05-0305-m 610x450.jpg

attachicon.gif2013_lamborghini_veneno_02-0305-m 610x450.jpg

Hi Para, 

Wheeler dealers a few weeks ago had the same model, colour and in the end (the same black alloys). I attached a link and I hope you enjoy. It's a beast of a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIBUWBOn1I 

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Hi Para - a mate of mine in the UK is obsessed by TVRs (mostly the old Taimars and Tasmins). He is a great guy but a trifle eccentric...he owns 4 of them and none of them are on the road...WTF?  In fact my mate is writing a film-script about the guy who was the driving force behind TVR in the swinging sixties.

Back in the day,  I used to have a Porsche 944 and it was really reliable...good fun too - bit of a bird puller back in the day :LOL2:

Yerh the classic TVR's certainly attract a 'certain' type of follower. When I was growing up I always wanted the TVR 450 SEAC the convertible wedge one with the huge tray fin. Just Googled it and it looks so old now!

TVR.jpg

The absolute animal they made was the Speed 12 which literally had 2 x V6's from the Cerbera  Speed 6.

TVR_Cerbera_Speed_12.jpg

TVR_Cerbera_Speed_12_track.jpg

Who is the film on Trevor Wilkinson? I am so happy they changed the name from TREVCar to TVR!

I remember when the old 944's were all the rage with the 924 being the poor man's one and the 928 with the pop up head lights being the boss. Never had a Porsche but used to dream of the 995. Little trip down memory lane. Cheers mate!

Hi Para, 

Wheeler dealers a few weeks ago had the same model, colour and in the end (the same black alloys). I attached a link and I hope you enjoy. It's a beast of a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIBUWBOn1I 

Cheers for that!

Funny enough I had the wheels re-alloyed to match the purple interior. Had a hunt around for it a while back and the guy that bought it had them redone in black. Only difference with mine was I had the newer model twin HID front lights and rear clusters cut in.

Wheeler Dealers is a great series I had nearly all of them at one point.

Thanks again.

Cheers for that!

Funny enough I had the wheels re-alloyed to match the purple interior. Had a hunt around for it a while back and the guy that bought it had them redone in black. Only difference with mine was I had the newer model twin HID front lights and rear clusters cut in.

Wheeler Dealers is a great series I had nearly all of them at one point.

Thanks again.

The new series is fantastic, Mike picks up a Porsche Baxter for a grand in this episode, ..what a bargain ..; 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA-k4RJMYyM 

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Para - TW sold TVR in 1965 to Martin Lilly...the movie is about his life in the swinging sixties - Bestie/Miss World/Beatles etc were all I am told afficionados.

I bought my realistic dream car a few yrs ago, an E92 BMW 335i coupe. Great fun car and haven't any of the associated BMW problems. I'm really digging the new Corvette Stingray that is coming out at the end of the yr so may pick that up in a few yrs.

I bought my realistic dream car a few yrs ago, an E92 BMW 335i coupe. Great fun car and haven't any of the associated BMW problems. I'm really digging the new Corvette Stingray that is coming out at the end of the yr so may pick that up in a few yrs.

That BMW model...nice wheels mate.

That BMW model...nice wheels mate.

Thanks, got it in 6spd manual too. IMO the only way to drive a BMW.

Chuck have you American lads ever come across the TVR cars that Para posted about. They were (semi) hand built Exotica and made in Blackpool England 1960s - 2000. Fibreglass bodies, great design, accelerate like a motorbike...notoriously unreliable! I have never owned one but a mate of mine is nuts about them..just wondered if you had heard of them Stateside.

TVR-%5BMax-Power-2005%5D-400.jpg

This is my current drive....

4639_112036519767_552528_n.jpg

A day out with the guys around the mountains...

4639_112036524767_7382200_n.jpg

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Keep on dreaming buddy! It isn't going to happen the odds are millions against you but of course if you don't play you can't win and where else can you get a dream like that for only a buck?

If I did win,  I wouldn't think about cars in terms of what you guys are talking about.  The only horsepower I need is between my leg. Here in Pattaya it would be simple I buy a Toyota Fortuna and a Commuter van and fill it with girls everynight to take back to my place to party for whatever time I have left.

Some of those early lotus espirits are on my radar!!

Had mine already. 1982 ferrari 512bbi. On my wall as a kid. Note number plate and my handle. Sold last year for profit after busting gearbox. Great track days in this. First production Ferraris to do 300+. The black and white pic is one I have always liked. Some Italian guy after losing it of course have a smoke. 

I have had etypes as well. Series 1 coupe 1963. And immaculate series 1 roadster I sold 10yr before.

And finally what I bought in England last year. 1993 Aston Martin Virage Volante Wide Body(only 44 built). And outside where I stayed. The closest Aston ever got to a muscle car look.

Keep them coming. I love this shit.

Copy of P1 face block.jpg

DSCF0001.JPG

5 (1).JPG

8839.jpg

DSC00767.JPG

Aston Virage Volante WB.JPG

Keep on dreaming buddy! It isn't going to happen the odds are millions against you but of course if you don't play you can't win and where else can you get a dream like that for only a buck?

If I did win,  I wouldn't think about cars in terms of what you guys are talking about.  The only horsepower I need is between my leg. Here in Pattaya it would be simple I buy a Toyota Fortuna and a Commuter van and fill it with girls everynight to take back to my place to party for whatever time I have left.

Whattya mean exiled?  it is my current drive..... its a 91 Esprit Turbo, 1 of 125 hand built and one of only 25 sent to Australia.  out of the 125 it was the only one painted that colour and I still own it!  I have owned it now for 8 years... it carries the number plate ESPREE

This is my other ride, its made by GM ( Holden in Australia, Vauxhall in UK ), it is a 5.7ltr EFI V8

576158_10151818161114768_1747472956_n.jp

The new series is fantastic, Mike picks up a Porsche Baxter for a grand in this episode, ..what a bargain ..; 

No way a grand? I remember they were launched!

Para - TW sold TVR in 1965 to Martin Lilly...the movie is about his life in the swinging sixties - Bestie/Miss World/Beatles etc were all I am told afficionados.

I never knew that cheers for the info. Should be an interesting movie.

Sweet ride.......

Chuck have you American lads ever come across the TVR cars that Para posted about. They were (semi) hand built exotica and made in Blackpool England 1960s - 2000. Fibreglass bodies, great design, accelerate like a motorbike...notoriously unreliable! I have never owned one but a mate of mine is nuts about them..just wondered if you had heard of them Stateside.

Are you kidding? The furthest they expanded to was (if memory serves me right) Holland. They break down so much they have to be close to Blackpool!

Joking aside the performance of the TVR's matches most Porsche's, Lambo's and Ferrari's but at a fraction of the cost. Generally a TVR driver will drive their cars hard the way an performance car should be.

Some of those early lotus espirits are on my radar!!

Had mine already. 1982 ferrari 512bbi. On my wall as a kid. Note number plate and my handle. Sold last year for profit after busting gearbox. Great track days in this. First production Ferraris to do 300+. The black and white pic is one I have always liked. Some Italian guy after losing it of course have a smoke. 

I have had etypes as well. Series 1 coupe 1963. And immaculate series 1 roadster I sold 10yr before.

And finally what I bought in England last year. 1993 Aston Martin Virage Volante Wide Body(only 44 built). And outside where I stayed. The closest Aston ever got to a muscle car look.

Keep them coming. I love this shit.

Nice list mate thinking of giving Jay Leno a run for his money!

How do you find the Aston with that bland interior but perfect lines and power?

This is my current drive....

4639_112036519767_552528_n.jpg

A day out with the guys around the mountains...

4639_112036524767_7382200_n.jpg

An absolutely top car.

Do u know what LOTUS stands for?  Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious :GoldenSmile1:

Only kidding mate a nice piece of motoring history u have there.

Nah the Aston belongs to a mate of mine. She has a red Esprit non turbo, the older version of the white Series 2 (S1) it was at home for the day with bald rear tyres.  Even with one front brake ( drum ) locking up on her, she was still able to keep within 500m of us all day!  mind you that machine has what looks like an aircraft motor under the bonnet lol

and spot on with the LOTUS mate, it sure does... and with limited production numbers in this country, nobody knows or wants to work on them....

Tis a hobby though and after a lot of fun and work, its all but reliable nowadays.  If something fails, it is usually down to that crapola Lucas electrics...

Archived