IGNORED

Good English Sausages to buy?

I'm looking for a decent English style sausage. Perhaps Lincolnshire. You English guys will know what I mean. We are about to put a kitchen in the Pussy Club so we can serve a full menu for both Pussy Club and Nightwish, and also cater for our parties. We will be selling an All Day breakfast and I refuse to have a sausage that has come out of a tin on it lol.  Hope someone can help, I've looked in Friendship, Big C, Tesco's etc and still can't find what we are after!

Excellent to hear there's going to be a great place to order English grub from on the 6. With a top English chef cooking and serving too(will make ordering off menu a pleasure).

hope your not skimping on the burgers in favor of the sausages! 

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

There's tons of English grub on the six already--Queen Vic anyone? They sell sausages too, iirc.

Processed meats the big killer

http://news.uk.msn.com/comment-and-analysis/scary-sausages-study-says-processed-meat-is-a-killer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21682779

I don't touch these kind of foods anymore since the horse scandal made people more aware what went into these products, its the spices that make them taste good, not the meat, they can throw in anything to the mincer

I regularly buy "English Sausages" from the fresh meat counter just near the checkout at Friendship.

They are the best i have ever tasted but perhaps a bit pricey for a restaurant It usually works out at about 40 baht per sausage.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Processed meats the big killer

.................................................................................

I don't touch these kind of foods anymore since the horse scandal made people more aware what went into these products, its the spices that make them taste good, not the meat, they can throw in anything to the mincer

Nothing wrong with horse meat - low fat and good for you.

As with any meat, the main taste is really in the fat. In beef it's marbled which is why a steak still tastes good with the outer fat removed, whereas pork and chicken with fat removed are boring on their own.

The important ingredients for popular sausages are loads of fat, salt and some type of meal to retain lots of water so you think they're succulent.

Good quality (meaty) sausages tend to be dry and not so popular.

As I said the other night, I think you'd be best talking to the guy at Western Wholesale Meat Company.

Yorkies at Jomtien are also OK.

Yorkies pies stored in an open chiller in Foodmart Jomtien, have a shelf life of over two weeks when they are put on display.

Think how much preservative they must use!!

Someone that sees a pie with an expiry date in a few days, does not realize they have been there for nearly two weeks.

Would you keep cooked mince or chicken in your fridge that long and eat it? I would not, and this is not even a fridge its a chiller

Yorkies pies stored in an open chiller in Foodmart Jomtien, have a shelf life of over two weeks when they are put on display.

When I said Yorkies are OK (not brilliant) I meant their own shop and packaging place on Jomtien Beach Road rather than a re-seller.

The point re' preservatives is the same, but storage at the main premises is correct.

Best ones out there are at Makro!!    Beef or pork FATBOYS 189Kg Frozen.

When I said Yorkies are OK (not brilliant) I meant their own shop and packaging place on Jomtien Beach Road rather than a re-seller.

The point re' preservatives is the same, but storage at the main premises is correct.

Good point.

... haven't tried MJ Smokehouse myself, but I am getting positive feedback from 2nd party sources who have ... MJ Smokehouse has a proper smokehouse, apparently understands meat finishing and smoking, and is smoking a variety of meats and salmon, including sausage.

... I see no English sausage on their price list ... but ... you might already know that a properly smoked old mule rump tastes way better than a "chemical cured" properly finished and fatted anything.

... they are a wholesale operation, so might do a special run for you on English style sausage, if you are a commercial customer with sustained deal flow.

... http://mjsmokehouse.com/

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Robins nest and the sportsmans use sausages from KPK and they are not too shabby at all... both english pub food

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Good English Sausage - is this not a contradiction?  Aa properly produced sausage can be a great source of food and worth the extra effort to source. look forward to trying them oit when you get it sorted 

Yorkies Chayapruek rd towards Sukhumvit end

Beg pardon - they moved of course.

Sam when I was there the outher week Vic were trying. New homemade recipe one was v good and one had far to much salt but they were Lincolnshire Hope this helps

MIKE

Robins nest and the sportsmans use sausages from KPK and they are not too shabby at all... both english pub food

Buy KPK Sausage all the Time , there about best you will find in Pattaya , if doing bulk am sure owner would do recipe to your own liking . Shop close to 6 as well and will deliver www.kpkfoods.com

No they have not !!!!

JDM

OK I'm confused then. They used to be on Beach Road as I said, but someone said they'd moved to Chaiyapruek, so I looked and found this :-

On the 5th of December 2011, Yorkies moved from Jomtien Beach Road after trading there for 12 years, to their brand new location on Soi Chaiyapruek, opening a bright new restaurant with a function room upstairs, and shop attached.  The production part of Yorkies, which is on the next block to the restaurant, was completed less than a week after Norman passed away. Sadly, he never saw his finished factory.

Maybe they still have the restaurant on Beach Road - dunno - but it does sound as though if Yodsak wants to buy sausages for NW that's not the place to get them?

Archived