IGNORED

"Civilian" Thai Girls

paulsky30

your chances would be low and not existing if not able to speak Thai.

Most Thai girls who are not in p4p won't go with a farang.

Not sure about Bangkok but in Isaan most parents prohibbit daughters to go on date with her boyfriend before the engagement! They only can see each other in the house of the daughters parents or when observed by family outdoors!

The bit about speaking Thai has some merit but not sure about the rest...

In Bangkok there are plenty of girls/women who aren't in P4P who will go out with farang and plenty who speak at least some English.

There are also a lot who won't.

But if you work here or spend enough time here and try learning some conversational Thai (as opposed to the Thai learned in a bar) then it's entirely possible. Of course the lack of language skills makes it tough.

When talking about "Isaan" and making broad statements like "most parents prohibited daughters" blah blah, well that's just not supported by evidence. I'm sure it happens in some places but head for any of the larger towns/cities and there are plenty of places where you can go out and see and meet women... again, Thai language skills will help.

When talking about "Isaan" and making broad statements like "most parents prohibited daughters" blah blah, well that's just not supported by evidence. I'm sure it happens in some places but head for any of the larger towns/cities and there are plenty of places where you can go out and see and meet women... again, Thai language skills will help.

evidence ? I spent 17 months of the last two years living in Sisaket province alone not to mention the past 15 years all together!

I have witnessed this problem and discussions between children and parents plural times.

The general rule here is that daughters can only meet a boyfriend in her parents home.

Last NYE a girl didn't come home and slept with her boyfriend. Next day the parents went over and started to discus theengagment,  marriage and "sin sot' and the girl and boy are not up that far in their relationship. But it was the marriage or not seeing each other again! 

My statement was that seeing girls, non p4p, in isaan is really really hard as i know that even for Thaïs it isn't easy too;  so for farangs even more difficult due to languageskills!

I know in BKK things are different as here in isaan !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

evidence ? I spent 17 months of the last two years living in Sisaket province alone not to mention the past 15 years all together!

I have witnessed this problem and discussions between children and parents plural times.

The general rule here is that daughters can only meet a boyfriend in her parents home.

Last NYE a girl didn't come home and slept with her boyfriend. Next day the parents went over and started to discus theengagment, marriage and "sin sot' and the girl and boy are not up that far in their relationship. But it was the marriage or not seeing each other again!

My statement was that seeing girls, non p4p, in isaan is really really hard as i know that even for Thaïs it isn't easy too; so for farangs even more difficult due to languageskills!

I know in BKK things are different as here in isaan !

I've spent plenty of time in Isaan, mainly in the bigger regional towns than the villages, and that doesn't equate with my experience. That was source of my evidence comment I.e my own experience is very different.

I'm aware there is a higher degree of conservatism but seriously have net girls with various backgrounds who've been fine with having a meal or whatever - maybe in the smaller towns, it might create more issues but that's not been my experience at all in those larger towns...

Again though, would have been hopeless with decent Thai language skills

Archived