IGNORED

Beef Wellington in Pattaya?

Montien had Beef Wellington in their buffet 7 or 8 yrs ago - only 700 baht. Very nice!

Sure to be still there!  ;-)

Closed, and Acorn Family Restaurant opened in its place.

Thanks for letting me know.  I had thought they were closed but last month I stayed on Soi 13 and could see something was in there from across Second Rd so I wasn't sure.  I swear there was still a Shenanigans sign visible somewhere too.

I think you might have to make your own if you have an oven or can access one.

Really a dish for a group of people... cant imagine how a restaurant could do a single serving unless they have it at the Dusit Thani BBQ but thats 1700 baht I think.

All the ingredients are at Friendship...including the frozen pastry.

2nd. It's hard enough to find that dish made well in a big American city like NYC. In Asia, you can forget it.

If you really want it, the best way is to find a good cook, get the recipe translated so she can read it, order the ingredients from the west, and then have the cook make it.  But that's a lot of effort.  Are you sure a burger won't satisfy your craving temporarily?

2nd. It's hard enough to find that dish made well in a big American city like NYC. In Asia, you can forget it.

If you really want it, the best way is to find a good cook, get the recipe translated so she can read it, order the ingredients from the west, and then have the cook make it.  But that's a lot of effort.  Are you sure a burger won't satisfy your craving temporarily?

Thinking about good burgers, maybe Skeeter at Sky Bar  could be persuaded to add Beef Wellington to his repertoire.

He has the oven for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

One of my fav dishes. It's really not that hard to make. Onions, mushrooms, pâté and fillet steak and of course puff pastry. The problem you have is if you find a restaurant that does it, will be the standard of ingredients. Now most of the ingredients you can get away with average quality. The fillet steak you can't, for a truly good beef willie you need quality beef. Fillet being the most expensive cuts and to truly do this meal the credit it needs. I'm afraid supermarket beef won't cut the mustard. You need to go to a decent butchers and buy a organic well hung piece. This in England will set you back about £12 min for a 8 to 10oz portion. Now you can quite easily make it for one. What ever you do don't over cook it. So if a restaurant is making the same effort they can not be charging less then £25 to £30 for said meal. Good luck.

Was in Maggs restaurant on Thepprasit Rd (038351164) they have Beef Wellington  with Port Gravy on the menu at 650bht, very impressed with the menu & food, all home made by an English chef

Was in Maggs restaurant on Thepprasit Rd (038351164) they have Beef Wellington  with Port Gravy on the menu at 650bht, very impressed with the menu & food, all home made by an English chef

That looks like the best bet yet, reviews for Maggs seem good as well.

Its on the list for the next time I get a hankering for a nice falang meal.

furryman

Maggs is well worth a visit with all dishes being home made, we had a very attractive knowledgeable LB who spoke perfect English fronting the restaurant with a very charming gay waiter again with excellent English, not only a great meal but a great atmosphere 

Archived