IGNORED

Beef Wellington in Pattaya?

Ok, must confess I enjoy cooking shows and one of my favorites is Gordon Ramsey's chef torture show, 'Hell's Kitchen'.  One of the staples on that show's menu is Beef Wellington, a dish I have been curious to try but have not been able to track down so far. Lately it has started to move into the realm of a craving, and I'm hoping someone out there knows of a nice place that makes a good Beef Wellington here in Pattaya.

Any help?

Please don't split my sides before my trip Furry. 555555

Good luck with that quest. I think you would have more luck getting a Ladyboy pregnant.

I gave you a 5 star vote for the good laugh and have pinned the topic.

Bloody sexy haircut also you handsom man. 

I think you might have to make your own if you have an oven or can access one.

Really a dish for a group of people... cant imagine how a restaurant could do a single serving unless they have it at the Dusit Thani BBQ but thats 1700 baht I think.

All the ingredients are at Friendship...including the frozen pastry.

Please don't split my sides before my trip Furry. 555555

Good luck with that quest. I think you would have more luck getting a Ladyboy pregnant.

I gave you a 5 star vote for the good laugh and have pinned the topic.

Bloody sexy haircut also you handsom man. 

Mock not my quest for tasty and unexplored culinary horizons!

No oven handy and I'd really like to try one that is done properly before trying it myself.

I saw the Blue Olive listed as a possible but it does not show up on the menu. Sent them an email in hopes that it might be something that turns up on the specials now and then.

Mock not my quest for tasty and unexplored culinary horizons!

I saw the Blue Olive listed as a possible but it does not show up on the menu. Sent them an email in hopes that it might be something that turns up on the specials now and then.

Stop it Furry, stop it. :LMAO1:

All in good fun Furry as I enter day 38 and my last full day without a beer.

Good luck with you quest.  My quest for a decent beef sausage has entered its 3rd year. 

Stop it Furry, stop it. :LMAO1:

All in good fun Furry as I enter day 38 and my last full day without a beer.

Good luck with you quest.  My quest for a decent beef sausage has entered its 3rd year. 

I dunno, this one looks decent:

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 12.52.16 AM.png

If I can't find one maybe we can talk pixie into baking one up for us :)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-01 at 12.52.16 AM.png

I would love to wrap my laughing gear around that.  :GoldenSmile1:

I'm also a big fan of Hell's Kitchen -- it has me dying to try Beef Wellington and to try to find some great scallops and risotto!  I tried to look into getting into the restaurant while they are filming, but it's all controlled through the production group (friends, family, contacts, etc.).  That leads me to believe when they have the inevitable customer complaint, it has all been staged (like just about every other "reality" TV show)

I guess the Wellington should be pretty easy to locate here in LA.  My concern in LOS would be that either you will get crappy beef OR you will pay through the nose for it (since you're getting Aussie beef).

If/when you track it down, I'm looking forward to reading your review!

EDIT:

A couple of clicks on Yelp and I stumbled upon....Gordon Ramsay's restaurant at the London West Hollywood....DUH!  Kinda forgot that Ramsay has a couple of restaurants here in LA.  Wellington is part of the 3 course tasting menu and is served for 2 -- $65 (around 2000 baht) per person.  I may check out a little gastro pub that's closer to me and has Wellington on Sundays and Mondays for a lot less coin.

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 12.52.16 AM.png

I would love to wrap my laughing gear around that.  :GoldenSmile1:

So would I, VietHoliStool.

Not forget ( old wise man saying ) Wiegh yourself and not loose total control.

Good luck PC and BS + ladies.

I think you might have to make your own if you have an oven or can access one.

Really a dish for a group of people... cant imagine how a restaurant could do a single serving unless they have it at the Dusit Thani BBQ but thats 1700 baht I think.

All the ingredients are at Friendship...including the frozen pastry.

Need to agree with Edge here. Not likely enough interest here that a resturant is going to cook up a whole tenderloin in hopes it will sell out.

....................................................Gordon Ramsay's restaurant ................................  Wellington is part of the 3 course tasting menu and is served for 2 -- $65 (around 2000 baht) per person. ...........................

Need to agree with Edge here. Not likely enough interest here that a resturant is going to cook up a whole tenderloin in hopes it will sell out.

That's the point really, a whole beef tenderloin is usually for a table full of guests and it really needs to be eaten fresh from the oven.

Doesn't really work for only 2 people unless you're sure you can sell it in portions or you charge enough that it doesn't matter if some is left.

Having said that, I quite like it cold next day myself.

As I said, I'm pretty sure they had it at the Dusit Thani Saturday BBQ (along with Fois Gras, Venison, Quail etc etc etc.

That's 1700 Baht per head, but the best spread I've ever seen and easily twice as good ass  the Hilton's....which is half the price of course.

Well the Blue Olive emailed me back and they do it on special order, have to order it 2 days in advance and its 990b each. I emailed him back about taking a whole one takeaway without the sides. See what he says.

Mmmm, sounds like a meal that we should plan for the "gang" FM, when Nuff gets back here :)

Just a thought

Y F
Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Mmmm, sounds like a meal that we should plan for the "gang" FM, when Nuff gets back here :)

Just a thought

Y F

Mark

That is a fun idea!

That is a fun idea!

All you need is access to a decent sized oven.

The recipe etc are not complicated (google) -  you just need a good quality fillet (or two) and ready made frozen puff pastry (Friendship).

Don't have an oven, no place to put an oven.

Buying an oven to experiment with making one dish is even crazier than paying 1000 baht for a meal IMO.

Don't have an oven, no place to put an oven.

Buying an oven to experiment with making one dish is even crazier than paying 1000 baht for a meal IMO.

That's why I keep saying "access" to one.

One of your mates will volunteer theirs and to hold the party eventually.

Failing that, maybe you could take the pre-prepared dish to a restaurant for baking on the basis of eating there and buying all the side dishes and drinks from them.

Not that I pay a lot of attention to meat, but if I were looking I think I would check with Greg at Greg's Kitchen, Drinking Street, south side.

U must be Joking.........................

A visit to Friendship is on the cards I think. I'm also fairly sure The Sportsman would be able to make it for you, they are very good at specialties.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been about two years since I've eaten there so the menu may have changed (Or they may have closed!) but Shenanigans had Beef Wellington.  It wasn't bad.

This was the Shenanigans in The Avenue, not the one in Jomtien.

It's been about two years since I've eaten there so the menu may have changed (Or they may have closed!) but Shenanigans had Beef Wellington.  It wasn't bad.

This was the Shenanigans in The Avenue, not the one in Jomtien.

Closed, and Acorn Family Restaurant opened in its place.

Archived