IGNORED

Favourite Indian

I must agree with that, i havent been in a while !!

Cheers

Lloydies Bar

Stop taking to yourself it's the first sign of madness :hello09:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Tikka Centre is good food, on Soi Bauhkow at end of Soy Honey, a bit plain decor but the food is great and prices good.

Well worth a try, he does takeaway and deliveries too.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Tikka Centre is good food, on Soi Bauhkow at end of Soy Honey, a bit plain decor but the food is great and prices good.

Well worth a try, he does takeaway and deliveries too.

It maybe a shit-hole as Daveo says but i must agree with him on the food front , Sheesh kebabs are the best ive ever had

• 1 month later...

Never had a good indian curry in Pattaya and I have tried loads of them.

Tikka Centre on Soi Buakhow is one of the worst in my opinion.....tasteless main dish and crusty over cooked nan bread........awful.

Never had a good indian curry in Pattaya and I have tried loads of them.

Tikka Centre on Soi Buakhow is one of the worst in my opinion.....tasteless main dish and crusty over cooked nan bread........awful.

Well I've had many a good indian curry in Pattaya (at a certain LK Metro establishment on a friday night :) )

The curry all you can eat buffet in Robin's nest was pretty good aswell.

whats everyones favorite indian restaraunt?

tried one on soi post office total crap onion bhaji were onion rings and garlic naan was a garlic bread pizza

280680-235.jpg
Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Alibaba was disgusting

• 2 weeks later...

My vote for top so far goes to Little India wonderfully situated for Areca Lodge dwellers in the arcade just side of Papagayo bar in Soi Diana...with excellent food and authentic style .. and it just looks right also...if you are used to curries in the UK bangladeshi style this is pretty much spot on.

Have not tried the Tikka bar place in Soi Honey Inn/Buakhow but will test it out. My friend Sir Jack warned me off from Alibaba a long time back and said the food was 'worse than disgusting' and I have no reason to gainsay him on that one or even try it out as this reputation seems well spread amongst us all on balance.

For a typical 'english pub' type curry buffet, I tend to agree that the Robin's Nest place on Soi Dianna does a top value and varied enough simple all you can eat curry and rice buffet on Mon and Thurs evenings, suitable for most palates with nothing too hot. A bit tame and too mild for me as a true 'Indian' aficionado but as a 'curry meal' its reliable and quantity as you like it.

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments 

• 5 weeks later...

My vote goes to Sher-E-Punjab on beach road. I always have dinner there. Been to Pattaya many times and when I feel like a really good curry, I always go there. Have never been disappointed.

I've tried a few Indian places in Pattaya and my favourite place has got to be the Ali Baba in central Pattaya Road. And I'm pretty sure there are 2 Sher-E-Punjab Indians in Pattaya. And I've been to both. The one on the Beach Road was the 2nd one to open. I was disappointed with this one because the 1st one was very good. I cannot remember where the 1st one is located

• 1 month later...
I've tried a few Indian places in Pattaya and my favourite place has got to be the Ali Baba in central Pattaya Road. And I'm pretty sure there are 2 Sher-E-Punjab Indians in Pattaya. And I've been to both. The one on the Beach Road was the 2nd one to open. I was disappointed with this one because the 1st one was very good. I cannot remember where the 1st one is located

Someone who knows about food at last! I have been going to Ali baba for the last 3 years sometimes their service has not been the best but food excellant and guess what most of their customers are asians i have talked to some and All! of them enjoyed the food. The other real good one is OMAR KHAYYAM in soi marine plaze opposite the Insomania club. Top class Indian and Thai food so the thai girls told me coz i am not an expert on thai food.

If you want the best Arab/Indian then go to Al Hussein in the arab quarter back soi 3 sukhumvit Bangkok can hardley ever get a seat!

• 4 weeks later...
So, what in your opinion is the best value curryhouse lads?

The best value Indian is the Tikka Centre in soi Buakhao.Good food and only 120 baht for a Chicken curry, 20 baht rice, 20 baht nan bread. :unsure:

Spidey.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the one on 3rd road last night opposite X-Zite nightclub, Very overpriced, no where as good as Tikka centre although the decor is nice, but rather enjoy the food than the decor, and when I went to pay with Bartercard the boss said I had to book first, we were the only ones in there.

Shan't be going back

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just opened up a uk style curry house in soi LK Metro. I might be biased in saying the food is great but give it a try and let me know.

Hope to see you soon.

Indian restaurant opp to DAY NIGHT hotel is good, They served good south indian food for us. Tasty .

Rikster

10% discount given to all Pattaya Addicts Privilege card holders.

• 1 month later...

been to Alibabs opposite tops supermarket a few times and found it to be the best Indian i have had in Pattaya. good service also.

IMHO it has to be Little India in the Arcade off Soi Diana opposite the indoor entrance to Pappagoya and the car park. Owned by a Bangladeshi guy who learned how to cook proper grub in England, prices affordable and the grub is top notch.

By the way he'll aslo sell you a suit if you want.

Wow...a place where I can eat and they can let my pants out after the meal as well, sounds like a winner!

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

• 2 weeks later...

Two great ones - Madras Darbar on 2nd rd across from Central Festival (southern Indian) and Indian by Nature on Theppraya (northern Indian). Indian by Nature is a nicer restaurant, but the food is outstanding in both. Great meals every time.

- Cochran

The best value Indian is the Tikka Centre in soi Buakhao.Good food and only 120 baht for a Chicken curry, 20 baht rice, 20 baht nan bread. :Whistle:

Spidey.

I tried tikka centre for the first time in January and not only is it good value for money but the food is very authentic and excellant!

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion The Bombay Palace is the best Indian restaurant for 2007 and 2008 in Pattaya. It's situated above Lancer Tailors on Walking Street. The lamb curry was excellent. The service is friendly and the food is very tasty.

I know a little about Indian food, plus I've been to India many times.

I have eaten in other Indian restaurants in Pattaya between 2001 - 2006 ! :GoldenSmile1:

This is my favorite Indian, no clue what you guys are talking about tho

freida_pinto_slumdog_millionaire.jpg