IGNORED

Just a story .... be careful of your actions in LOS

drilldr

Last summer I hit Pats and contacted one of the ladys I like to hang out with. Her name is On and she told me to meet her at the police station on Beach Rd. It's about 8:00 pm. I'm familiar with this place only because I had to pay a couple of traffic Tx there on past trips. (Who hasn't if you go to Pats enough you will eventually meet the Boys in Brown). Anyway, I meet her there and learn in Thai/english that she was involved in a jet ski incident with some arab men and one of them was trying to grab at her while coming on to her. I'm led into the station and meet all the players. Three guys from Iran, and the owners of the jet ski company.

Tempers are really high and this was going to be an education for me. I'm just an observer at this point but the arabs seem to feel that I can help and come pleeding to me to hear their story. The worst of it for them is that there is a female officer presidng over the case. She is really pissed at these guys because one of them allegedly touched a thai lady without her (On's) permission and caused an accident with her jet ski out on the water. She read them the riot act about how she was insulted how these men could show up and take it upon themselves to just appraoch any thai lady and assume they could get what they wanted. She directed them about the girls that walk beach rd. and they were obviously selling their trade there but it shouldn't be interpreted that all thai women are working like this all the time. Now thwe bad news came for these guys. She told them that she thought they were lying as they claimed they did nothing wrong. The one arab guy that was the culprit denied any wrong doing. The officer wanted everyones passport and levied a 20,000 bht fine on them.

They all shit their pants and claimed they were broke. One of them said he wanted to get an attorney. He came to me and I told him to request a Western Union from home and do what she says or they are going to jail. I told him not to screw with her because there was no hope for them. Long story short, after some intense interogation the arab suspected of all this confessed that he did indeed do all that he was accused of and him and his two friends were finished in Thailand. I left and I am not sure what their fate was but it didin't look good for them. The lesson learned is that when you are in a foreign country like Thailand and get caught up it's cultural areas that have apparent lattitudes and openess for the sex trade, be very carefull what you do. Don't do anything stupid you wouldn't do at home. The repercussions are going to be severe.

Unfortunately these things happen in pats, just part of the "culture"

though I do think so guys from different backgrounds don't understand the nature of los and their women,

thats not to say it doeesn't happen with western backgrounds.

Ohh and drilldr can you use paragraphs in your posts makes them easier to read for these old eyes

;-)

Member since Dec 06.

I sort of recognize this sort of thing.

Back in Norway, in some areas with a majority of foreign, mainly Pakistani or other muslim population, young Norwegian girls are being constantly harassed simply for dressing like any other normal girl in Norway. Blondes have started to dye their hair dark just so that they will not be felt up, called sluts, whores or even raped by these ignorant bastards who think that they can have their way with a girl just becouse she shows a little skin.

So I can imagine the confusion of these dick-heads when they come to Pattaya. But confusion is no excuse. A big applause to the lady-in-brown on this one !!

This is the dawning of the rest of our lives, This is our lives on holiday (Green Day)

• 3 months later...

I am not a fan of the Police in Thailand because they are corrupt - and I am not a fan of corrupt Police anywhere. This means it is not possible to ever know who is telling the truth when incidents like that described above occur. The practice of the Police demanding payment of large 'fines' futher muddies the water. There is a great incentive to make false allegations against farangs and for the accuser and Police to enrich themselves. Add in the Thai's xenophobia to the mix and you can be sure that it is the farang who is going to get screwed over.

This story seems a bit odd to me. There was a jet ski accident and a sexual? assault at the same time?, 'one of them was trying to grab at her' - whilst driving a Jet ski?? Who caused the Jet Ski accident?

Perhaps, the truth is Thai girl causes Jet Ski accident with farang. There is a bit of an argument and argy bargy. Thai girl makes false allegation that she was assaulted. Farang gets screwed over and pays for all the damage and 'fine' money to Police and accuser.

I have heard too many incidences of wholely unreasonable and often illegal behaviour by Thais in which the farang is the innocent victim but ends up getting screwed over to take these stories at face value. I would like to hear the farang side of the 'Jet Ski sexual assualt accident' before I would start congratulating the 'lady-in-brown'.

Certainly good advice to be on your guard.

story seems a bit odd to me. There was a jet ski accident and a sexual? assault at the same time?, 'one of them was trying to grab at her' - whilst driving a Jet ski?? Who caused the Jet Ski accident?

I thought it seemed a little fishy as well,

Edited by BassGod

This makes no sense. They each pay 20,000 Baht fine and what about the accident damage? Drilldr what was your part in all of this? This must be one of those strange Pattaya stories.

:Chokdee3:

This makes no sense. They each pay 20,000 Baht fine and what about the accident damage? Drilldr what was your part in all of this? This must be one of those strange Pattaya stories.

:Jump_Drool:

Well from the past the heavy fines are to pay for damage and lost revenue, plus it took place inside of police station!! But then it’s the boy’s in brown

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

The police own the jets and the boats in Pattaya best thing to do is never go on them

Last summer I hit Pats and contacted one of the ladys I like to hang out with. Her name is On and she told me to meet her at the police station on Beach Rd. It's about 8:00 pm. I'm familiar with this place only because I had to pay a couple of traffic Tx there on past trips. (Who hasn't if you go to Pats enough you will eventually meet the Boys in Brown). Anyway, I meet her there and learn in Thai/english that she was involved in a jet ski incident with some arab men and one of them was trying to grab at her while coming on to her. I'm led into the station and meet all the players. Three guys from Iran, and the owners of the jet ski company.

Tempers are really high and this was going to be an education for me. I'm just an observer at this point but the arabs seem to feel that I can help and come pleeding to me to hear their story. The worst of it for them is that there is a female officer presidng over the case. She is really pissed at these guys because one of them allegedly touched a thai lady without her (On's) permission and caused an accident with her jet ski out on the water. She read them the riot act about how she was insulted how these men could show up and take it upon themselves to just appraoch any thai lady and assume they could get what they wanted. She directed them about the girls that walk beach rd. and they were obviously selling their trade there but it shouldn't be interpreted that all thai women are working like this all the time. Now thwe bad news came for these guys. She told them that she thought they were lying as they claimed they did nothing wrong. The one arab guy that was the culprit denied any wrong doing. The officer wanted everyones passport and levied a 20,000 bht fine on them.

They all shit their pants and claimed they were broke. One of them said he wanted to get an attorney. He came to me and I told him to request a Western Union from home and do what she says or they are going to jail. I told him not to screw with her because there was no hope for them. Long story short, after some intense interogation the arab suspected of all this confessed that he did indeed do all that he was accused of and him and his two friends were finished in Thailand. I left and I am not sure what their fate was but it didin't look good for them. The lesson learned is that when you are in a foreign country like Thailand and get caught up it's cultural areas that have apparent lattitudes and openess for the sex trade, be very carefull what you do. Don't do anything stupid you wouldn't do at home. The repercussions are going to be severe.

I wonder what would happen to a westerner, if they GROPPED an arab woman.Or an arab if they touched a woman in public in their home country.I think the culprit would gladly pay 20,000 baht to escape further action or punishment.Women be they Thai or arab deserve some respect in public.

Back in Norway, in some areas with a majority of foreign, mainly Pakistani or other muslim population, young Norwegian girls are being constantly harassed simply for dressing like any other normal girl in Norway. Blondes have started to dye their hair dark just so that they will not be felt up, called sluts, whores or even raped by these ignorant bastards who think that they can have their way with a girl just becouse she shows a little skin.

Hi,

I'm afraid Muslims have a real fxxxxd up attitude to women and sex. They behave same same wherever they go.

Edited by Braveheart
Edited swearing.

No man is a hero to his valet.

I too am not a fan of the Police....however sometimes it is easier to get justice in Pattaya than at home.....case in point: a friend of mine was assaulted by a much larger dude from NYC....anyway we ended up at th police station on beach road....and the cops asked what we wanted...my friend told him that he wanted the guy to go to jail.....the cop was shocked that my friend did'nt want money....then told him that if he locked the guy up all he would have to do is pay a 1000 baht fine and they would let him go....and that if they put him in jail my friend could get nothing and th guy would only spend 20 mins in jail....so my friend said....ok i want some money.....the cop asked.....how much? my friend says....20k the cop says......not enough.....he say ask for 30k then you get 20 and my boss gets 10.....long story short the cops told the guy that if he did'nt pay 30k he was going to jail....which he did...after the guy left my friend handed over 10k to the cops and we left......my friend was happy.....the cops were happy......and the perp was happy because he did'nt go to court spend any time in jail...and didnt get deported....JUSTICE! Well the truth is its a pretty fuckedup way of doing things....justice had nothing to do with it.....it was all about the cops getting paid....fuckin pricks.

I agree that the cops in Thailand are corrupt!!! Everytime I have beem with my Thai GF while she is driving us around in her car and we are stopped, we sit there and negotiate...and of course, he sees a farang in the car so automatically assumes I have lots of money with me.....until they agree on a price which I then hand to her, in which case she gets no ticket and we go on our way.

My last trip in Dec/Jan we were taking a taxi down to Pattaya as she did not have her car at the time. It was close to New Year and the taxi guy got pulled over for driving in a wrong lane. He paid his money and my GF told me that the cop needed his New Year money. When we are on the freeways around dinnertime she always points out to me all the people they are pulling over, as she puts it, to get their dinner or beer money for the night.

Also on my last trip we were heading to Ayutthua (sp) and got hit with video and radar which I noticed too late. She loves to drive fast as hell and the first time I rode with her I was constantly pressing the imaginary brake on my side...lol. They had a whole lineup of cops that were flagging the cars over. She negotiated for a pretty good length of time and the guy seemed hesitant to agree since I was in the car. I think we finally paid like 300 baht, but after she told me when they line them up like that, the captain or whoever is head of the office they work out of gets his cut so they work hard to get as many as they can to make as much as they can.

It's just too bad that the cops are that way over there. I have worked in the USA court system for over 30 years and I'd hate to face the cops there in Thailand without someone like my GF with me to negotiate and haggle for me. It would be nice if they would clean up their act and make it much nicer there.

I agree that the cops in Thailand are corrupt!!! Everytime I have beem with my Thai GF while she is driving us around in her car and we are stopped, we sit there and negotiate...and of course, he sees a farang in the car so automatically assumes I have lots of money with me.....until they agree on a price which I then hand to her, in which case she gets no ticket and we go on our way.

My last trip in Dec/Jan we were taking a taxi down to Pattaya as she did not have her car at the time. It was close to New Year and the taxi guy got pulled over for driving in a wrong lane. He paid his money and my GF told me that the cop needed his New Year money. When we are on the freeways around dinnertime she always points out to me all the people they are pulling over, as she puts it, to get their dinner or beer money for the night.

Also on my last trip we were heading to Ayutthua (sp) and got hit with video and radar which I noticed too late. She loves to drive fast as hell and the first time I rode with her I was constantly pressing the imaginary brake on my side...lol. They had a whole lineup of cops that were flagging the cars over. She negotiated for a pretty good length of time and the guy seemed hesitant to agree since I was in the car. I think we finally paid like 300 baht, but after she told me when they line them up like that, the captain or whoever is head of the office they work out of gets his cut so they work hard to get as many as they can to make as much as they can.

It's just too bad that the cops are that way over there. I have worked in the USA court system for over 30 years and I'd hate to face the cops there in Thailand without someone like my GF with me to negotiate and haggle for me. It would be nice if they would clean up their act and make it much nicer there.

I dunno if they pull that sxxt direct on farangs? They have a lot of weird face saving of the country stuff and tend to keep the uglier side of things away from us?

Could easily be wrong.

My taxi got pulled over like that on the way down to pattaya.

They just see farang inside and flag em down for their split of the loot.

Edited by Braveheart
Edited swearing.

Couple of interesting stories .Makes you stop and think a little bit .

Best keep alow profile

Death is Natures way of telling you to slow down

This seems like a story that has a side we aren't hearing.

Hi,

I'm afraid Muslims have a real fxxxxd up attitude to women and sex. They behave same same wherever they go.

I used to do security work at an asian/RNB club in central london called "Bar Bollywood" and every single friday/saturday u would get arabic/pakistani/muslim guys try to touch up girls and harass/threaten them when the girls weren't interested(incidentally which was 99.9% of the time).I have lost count of the number

of them I have given the beating of a lifetime to in the club, complete bastards with sheer disrespect for women..

Edited by Braveheart
Edited swearing.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I had a friend last year that rented a jet ski and had lots of problems. They tried to charge him and his friends for every little ding and dent on the jet ski. There was water in the engine compartment and they accused him of wrecking it although the seat was held on with zip ties. Buyer beware.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Sounds like the usual Pattaya nonsense.

The policewoman cannot levy a fine. The protagonists should always insist on a court hearing. You'll soon see the accusers melt into the dust.

Even if the foreigner were found guilty, he'd be looking at a 2000 baht fine.

Watch out for those dodgy characters. I'm not referring to those 'Arabs/Pakistani/Muslims' that you seem so quick to attack.

Alongside your favourite girl's number, make sure that you have the number of a good Thai lawyer in your mobile telephone.

The police there thrive on people's ignorance.

Hi,

I'm afraid Muslims have a real fxxxd up attitude to women and sex. They behave same same wherever they go.

That may be true but come to Indonesia where I find they have a good respect for women.

Edited by Braveheart
Swearing edited.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

so ...is racism allowed on this forum????????

you have to be fxxxxn stupid to come out with the sxxt your posted. I have many many muslim friends ( I was married to a muslim) good and bad in every culture......and they ar egood guys. with far mopre respect for themselves and their wifes or GF's than you might believe

I dunno if they pull that shit direct on farangs? They have a lot of weird face saving of the country stuff and tend to keep the uglier side of things away from us?

Could easily be wrong.

My taxi got pulled over like that on the way down to pattaya.

They just see farang inside and flag em down for their split of the loot.

they sure do... many times the stop farangs on the way to Airport in BK

I used to do security work at an asian/RNB club in central london called "Bar Bollywood" and every single friday/saturday u would get arabic/pakistani/muslim guys try to touch up girls and harass/threaten them when the girls weren't interested(incidentally which was 99.9% of the time).I have lost count of the number

of them I have given the beating of a lifetime to in the club, complete bastards with sheer disrespect for women..

"use to" does this mean you are banned and no longer licensed??

you sound worse than them....did you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..boasting to your mates???

I heard this about the Police owning the jet skis from a German who was made to pay 5000 BT for damage to jet ski. they said he damaged the fibre glass.... yet his friend videod the whole event and showed th ecops the guy getting aquick on shore guide from one of the Thais. The video CLEARLY showed the damage done before the friend even sat on it. cops said hard luck you pay.

as others have said........

sounds like the girl and the cops struck a deal..

Edited by Braveheart
Swearing and inappropriate content edited.

• 3 months later...

Obeying another countries laws becomes all the more important when in LOS. Wherever you may originate from its not worth sitting in a thai jail - monkeyhouse. This is the most terrible place to be in. Not the place to spend you holiday in... no matter how much you love the great weather or the girls. You wont experience any of the last two ;)

Another odd Thai story.

There must be more to the story...usually when someone gets mad, they lose face and the Thai's "lock in" their attitude of disrespect.

Also, it's easy to fall into prejudice against races and ethnic groups and many of the accusations are generally true of young men of any country who are drunk and on vacation...young Americans and Britsh are also brutish when drunk and on vacation.

All the best,

jH

• 1 year later...
The police own the jets and the boats in Pattaya best thing to do is never go on them

That's an interesting fact! If true people should be made more aware of this.

I live and work in pattaya.. not always in that order.

Brownie, "There is a place called Pattaya and it really does exist"