IGNORED

Can PA change the format to allow easy uploading of Photos please ?

FROST MEDIC999

Hi Guys

Now this is not a moan because if I have one, I would go directly to source but rather a question and request

You know that I support you, and appreciate all the hard work that goes into running this Forum, but can we please allow easy uploading of our Photos ?

What I refer to is I like many Members, seem rubbish at Scaling a Photo and uploading it to a size that suits all.

I have had it explained to me lots of times how I should do it, and indeed spending many Hours of work can, but it is a Fecking pain in the Arse to do, and going by the recent influx of Photos recently, I am not alone.

If I use my Samsung Phone or I-Phone then I cannot Scale and to be Honest this limits what I put up.

Other Sites like TR and E-BAY TF, to Name but Three, allow uploading of any Photo ( at least all of mine via Phone or Computer ) and they are then displayed with ease. Which means I do Fcuk all but post them.

I have contributed to this Forum both in Posts and Money, and maybe a little of Members Funds could be invested to allow the Site to Automatically Scale the Photo posted.

Beer Mats and Baht Bus advertising does not directly benefit me, but the function I ask about would.

If this cannot be done is there a reason ? and if it can be, can it be addressed please ?

I would be interested to hear what other Members think of this function being addressed

Cheers

Ghosty

Don't think you are being unreasonable there uncle Ghosty.   Good one.

Stevie

Don't think you are being unreasonable there uncle Ghosty.   Good one.

No I thought the same Matey and I hope this can be done. I am more Stupid than most but speaking with an IT Geek Today he said that it should be a simple thing to do But what the Feck do I know :SoWhat1:

Why?

Is it that threads take a long time to load or pictures take a long time to upload.

I don't understand what the problem is.

Why?

Sorry Matey I thought I had explained it

If I want to Post a Photo I have to resize it on my Computer with One or other applications I have, then Post it as an attachment. For me all this takes Fecking ages, and sometimes when responding to a Post if it where not for Taking ages to do, I would Post up more Photos to be included in my response.

If at Work and using my Phone then I cannot scale them.

As I said when posting on other Forums I just click attach Photo, and it is posted correctly however it may of been stored in my Phones or Computer.

It may not seem a big issue but if I am Honest it does stop me a little Posting more Photos and I know I am not allow in this.

I do not see why at source, PA cannot implant it the same as other Sites, and surely then PA would have all the same sized Photos making for an even better Site.

If there is a reason why this has not been done, or will not be done I would be keen to hear why please.

Ghosty

Snip...

I can't remember the last time I resized a picture before posting.

I use photofunstudio that came with my camera and when you upload the photos to your computer you can choose the size you want to upload them, this makes it easy to post photos on here at the correct size.

I would say it takes me,at the most, ten minutes to upload 100+ photos to my pc and they are all resized to what I want.

Bill

EDIT-

I have just read through your posts and now see what you are on about(my fault for just scanning the title! sorry!).

It would make things easier if the site did have this function on it, but for me it is not a lot of hassle to do it as I have been. I Think that if it is a relatively cheap thing to add? then it would be a welcomed addition to a great forum!

Bill

I can't remember the last time I resized a picture before posting.

Well if you have the time and view Photos posted in the last Week, you will see they come in many Shapes and Sizes. Some when Posted only show part of the Pic, and you then have to click the Pic to see the whole shot.

Maybe then it is just me, and if you Guys are Happy, then I will just Post up how they are stored on my Computer and Phone, and if responses are to me that they take too long to display Etc, then I can direct them back to the Powers that be.

If as we have often been told that we are taking PA forward, and also attaching linked other Sites, surely it would make more sense to adopt a more professional layout with a Cap one size suit all approach to Photos.

As I said maybe it is just me, as all this Computer Lark is often beyond me, but I know a Beer Mat or Baht Bus sign does not help me posting Photos and other Members nor make a nice layout to a Site even better

Ghosty

I use photofunstudio that came with my camera and when you upload the photos to your computer you can choose the size you want to upload them, this makes it easy to post photos on here at the correct size.

I would say it takes me,at the most, ten minutes to upload 100+ photos to my pc and they are all resized to what I want.

Bill

EDIT-

I have just read through your posts and now see what you are on about(my fault for just scanning the title! sorry!).

It would make things easier if the site did have this function on it, but for me it is not a lot of hassle to do it as I have been. I Think that if it is a relatively cheap thing to add? then it would be a welcomed addition to a great forum!

Bill

Yeah Bill I understand you, but what if you then want them on your Computer Bigger or Smaller means more Fucking about, and can you do this on a Phone ?

I am not having a moan just saying hence why I raised the issue in the first place :GoldenSmile1:

Ghosty

Yeah Bill I understand you, but what if you then want them on your Computer Bigger or Smaller means more Fucking about, and can you do this on a Phone ?

I am not having a moan just saying hence why I raised the issue in the first place :GoldenSmile1:

Ghosty

I can't do fuck all on my phone as it is so old! LOL

It does mean that I have to take a few minutes to resize them through the program I said about, but it is a pain to have many different sizes of the same pic on your pc as telling them apart is hard!

I know you are not moaning mate! I think it would be a good feature to have on here! I would say that if it cost too much it might not be worth it in my eyes, but a great thing to have at a reasonable price!

Bill

snip...

I'm only speaking from personal experience.

I surf on my 27" iMac my iPad and my iPhone daily and all pictures display okay for me... Maybe I'm missing something? I dunno.

I'm only speaking from personal experience. I surf on my 27" iMac my iPad and my iPhone daily and all pictures display okay for me... Maybe I'm missing something? I dunno.

If a BM posts up photo's that are bigger than the recommended size for the forum,  the whole photo is not displayed in full on the thread, some of the snap is missing and has to be clicked on to reveal the full photograph.

Some that are way too large , you have to use the vertical and horizontal bars to see all corners of the pic,  but in doing this you are not seeing the whole photo at the same time.

I know what  you are talking about Ghosty   :Think1:  

Stevie

I'm only speaking from personal experience. I surf on my 27" iMac my iPad and my iPhone daily and all pictures display okay for me... Maybe I'm missing something? I dunno.

Ok Matey no problems I am sure Brian can respond, and I will also raise it in a few Weeks with him

Thanks for the response albeit unhelpful for a answer I was looking for 5555 :GoldenSmile1:

@ Bill Cheers Matey and that is the main point, on my I-Phone I have One Size I assume, on my Samsung I have another, on my Tablet another, and  on my Netbook another I guess, and I do know on my Main Computer which has Big Fuckers as I use all Photos as a rolling Wallpaper many different sizes and as I post from work Home or abroad the automatic Forum resize would seem good to have for the reasons I listed

Ghosty

If a BM posts up photo's that are bigger than the recommended size for the forum,  the whole photo is not displayed in full on the thread, some of the snap is missing and has to be clicked on to reveal the full photograph.

Some that are way too large , you have to use the vertical and horizontal bars to see all corners of the pic,  but in doing this you are not seeing the whole photo at the same time.

Thank Fuck and you explained it better than me. Cheers you Bastard ( love calling you your Name 555 )

Okay cheers. Can you post a link to a post containing an offending picture?

Like this ?

IMG_0448.JPG

Not sure what Size this is but taken from the Pool area of the Dream hotel Bangkok

Okay cheers. Can you post a link to a post containing an offending picture?

It's Ghosty's thread  not mine    :WhoSaw1:    55555

ok i will see if i can find one.  

Stevie

Like this ?

attachicon.gifIMG_0448.JPG

Not sure what Size this is but taken from the Pool area of the Dream Hotel Bangkok

Okay... this is how I see that post on my iPhone

post-11269-0-75823500-1357767506_thumb.png

iPad...

post-11269-0-38013100-1357767494_thumb.png

iMac...

post-11269-0-54282100-1357767518_thumb.png

I can see the whole picture with no scroll bars... agree?

What browser are you using?

Okay... this is how I see that post on my iPhone

attachicon.gifIMG_0803.PNG

iPad...

attachicon.gifIMG_0186.PNG

iMac...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-01-09 at 21.36.54.png

I can see the whole picture with no scroll bars... agree?

What browser are you using?

i mac does not show whole Photo scene Matey and I guess this one is not one of the bigger ones I have that needs scoll top bottom left right

Check out this Member who has recently posted in Freelance sweeties unless you click on photo you cannot see it all on the display Matey

majorpapaya

IPhone has a free app called "Simple Resize" that will do the trick quickly and without using your computer.

TapaTalk on the iPhone also gives you the option to resize as you upload.

Testing Testing !.......        1....2...3

268197_112857872142617_4543847_n (Large).jpg

Stevie

Damn,     it didn't work,  i oversized that before posting and it came up ok     ,  i'm puzzled now. 

Stevie

Same same but different...

iPhone...

post-11269-0-55181300-1357768213_thumb.png

iPad...

post-11269-0-21350500-1357768203_thumb.png

iMac...

post-11269-0-05904100-1357768225_thumb.png

Errr. Yes it does

OH yes sorry Matey I had to use the Scroll button at the bottom of the page to view it, unlike the other Two which I displayed in full on my Computers but not Phone

So this is kind of the point I am making and compared to other Photos this one of mine is Fecking Huge

Ghosty

On the Bastard Link he just sent, you have to scroll also to see photo as the Pic does not display in full on my computer screens same as my one in your second shot

Archived