Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Constant hacking from this site!

geezerrb

Sorry, but I don't think you've given anyone enough to go on and to most it seems doubtful that your problem even stems from PA.

I see that you said your PC went into "arrest", but unless you're able to give a lot more information I doubt that you're going to get answers.

Well like I tried to state, I am not that clued up, I use it as "a tool" but I admit often it is to complex for me to understand. All I know is of late if I have replied to email link on subject replies or on replying onsite my computer freezes up, I have to shut down, switch off my modem and it takes several times that will not work on restart only shutdown and often several attempts which my provider is saying is nothing to do with my link and oddly only happens not only when I have been on PA but happens after I have been on PA.

I wish I was clever.

Well like I tried to state, I am not that clued up, I use it as "a tool" but I admit often it is to complex for me to understand. All I know is of late if I have replied to email link on subject replies or on replying onsite my computer freezes up, I have to shut down, switch off my modem and it takes several times that will not work on restart only shutdown and often several attempts which my provider is saying is nothing to do with my link and oddly only happens not only when I have been on PA but happens after I have been on PA.

I wish I was clever.

I'm not a geek either, but it sounds like you need to do some basic 'house keeping' or better still (for now) get someone to do a clean install for you and start again.

get a tech guy to fix you up...  my bet is you have some malware, which is malevolent software that sneaks onto your computer, then causes all sorts of mischief...  

what browser are you using?  windows explorer?  firefox?  try downloading google chrome browser, I have become a big fan of that one... 

with googld chrome, you can add a program called adblocker... it is pretty damn good at keeping nonsense off your screen you don't want.

I never get any pop up ads or anything... anywhere while surfing on the net.

I'm not a geek either, but it sounds like you need to do some basic 'house keeping' or better still (for now) get someone to do a clean install for you and start again.

.Thank you I have looked at local service providers in case I can not clean up the problem.

get a tech guy to fix you up...  my bet is you have some malware, which is malevolent software that sneaks onto your computer, then causes all sorts of mischief...  

what browser are you using?  windows explorer?  firefox?  try downloading google chrome browser, I have become a big fan of that one... 

with googld chrome, you can add a program called adblocker... it is pretty damn good at keeping nonsense off your screen you don't want.

I never get any pop up ads or anything... anywhere while surfing on the net.

Yes I use explorer I got hit many times re chrome but it looked as though it was a purchase, I may be getting paranoic but last time something like this occoured was after a personal contact/message from a PA trying to get location details of a girl I had described in a post.

I had to have everything reset that time.

Sorry I did not want to create "a storm", yet tonight after trying my first reply my computer has gone into arrest again. I am a dinosaur I find a lot of the input is for those who are technically advanced which at risk of criticism goes right over my head as everyone goes into "speak". Great if you know what it means, it has just taken 4 hours to get back to PA the only site I visited from my first log on other than reading emails from pattaya addicts subjects I followed.

I am a simple user and give no apology for that, I am just old. love LOS and the girls and never disguise to anyone why I love LOS and SEA. I would not like to be in a position where I could not interact on this site/forum as its the only thing that gets me by between visits.

I'll give this assertion before I give you my advice.

I've worked with computer for over 35 years in various asepct of it from system configuration, system setup, Testing automation, programming, writing device drivers, web programming, and etc.

That said, there's a million an one reason that your computer is acting the way it is.  I am 80% certain that you've got some kind of malware (ie. virus, trojan, Adware, and the likes).

In all of my past experience, if your anti-virus software didn't catch it (you didn't go bareback did you? ;-) then whatever your computer's got is very difficult to ever get rid of.  And even if you do, there's always a nagging doubt on if there's something else lurking.  The Anti-VIrus is only as good as what it knows is out there.  Assuming you've used Anti-virus software properly, it would suggest whatever got through is not KNOWN to your anti-virus software and therefore "getting rid of it" becomes a moot exercise.  Once you accept this fact this is what I would personally do (and have done):

Now, what I am about to tell you borders technical from your perspective.  So I would get a local techie that understand the instruction and have him follow it.  I am also going to assume you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 (hopfully Windows 7).

1.  Save all of your documents, files, etc that you care about (pictures, music, excel files, word documents, video, etc) to ANOTHER place like a portable drive.

2.  Completely delete the "Active Primary Partition".  And if you can all other partitions (save the recovery partition that comes with your computer as part of your computer vendor's system setup).

3.  Install Windows 7 on a brand new partition.  Preferably of different size then previous, but not required.  (I do this for good measure to make sure a certain area (FAT / MFT) is wipe clean).

4.  Run all appropriate updates via Windows Update.  You'll need to keep running it, keep rebooting until there's no more new items.  Given your lack of computer knowledge and that your computer was working at one point, I will assume you have no special third party drivers that's needed.  Windows 7 would take care of all of your driver needs.

5.  Install Anti-Virus.  Update Anti-VIrus definition to be most updated.  And use a reputable one.

6.  Install other software you need (Microsoft Word, other browsers, etc).

7.  Repeat step 4 again until there are no more updates.

8.  CREATE an administrator account using an account name you know say "geezer.admin" and add in ONLY "Administrators" group.

9.  CREATE a normal user account say "geezer" and add in ONLY "USERS" group.

10.  CREATE a GUEST user account say "geezer.guest" and add in ONLY "GUESTS" group.

11.  DISABLE build-in Administrator and Guest account.

12.  Log into your "normal user account".  And use this as your PRIMARY account.  When in doubt or when you have guest over to use your computer, let them use "geezer.guest" account.

Hope your tech guy can understand this.

geezer, you are so un-technical in your description of the problem that nobody is gonna be able to help you here... get thee to a shop!

google chrome is a free browser...  I like it, have gone away from all Microsoft stuff and use google for everything now, email, document storage, everything...  

there are now google chrome netbooks that only work connected to the internet, and everything is stored online... very cool stuff, cloud computing... very little to go haywire with these rigs, and all your stuff is accessible from any computer once you migrate it onto the cloud...

so a computer breaks or is stolen, no pompen...  

Hello,

can you provide some more details about the problem?  Here's some that come to my mind...

1) what browser are you using? Internet Explorer, firefox, safari, or google chrome?

2) Depending on your browser, what add-ons or plugins do you have running within the browser? (don't need to answer this yet but would be nice to know if you have it)

3) Is your browser setup using any type of proxy ? (tools->option->advanced->network->settings in firefox)

4) When you say   "click on the email link",  are you meaning you get an email notificaiton in hotmail/gmail/yahoo and click on the link there or do you mean you goto this site, click on the email icon and read and reply to mail that way?

5) Does this issue only occur when replying to email or have you tried composing an email on this site and do you get the same issues?

Did it look like this?

image.jpg

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Archived