IGNORED

Constant hacking from this site!

geezerrb

I have noticed of late every time I use this site I have to run "deep cleans" and reset my my settings, it is becoming a major problem, I do not think anyone has got through yet but there is I believe a major problem the moderators need to look into.

This is not the first time, I had to have a "scour" done previously from contamination via PA. 

never had a problem myself, i use norton360 security.

I haven't had any problems but then again I have an Apple. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I have noticed of late every time I use this site I have to run "deep cleans" and reset my my settings, it is becoming a major problem, I do not think anyone has got through yet but there is I believe a major problem the moderators need to look into.

This is not the first time, I had to have a "scour" done previously from contamination via PA. 

The problem I keep getting (not saying from PA) is whatever makes words like 'hotel' 'Pattaya' 'Thai girl' etc links for Agoda or Thai Friendly or whatever.

It says by CouponDropDown.

I thought I cleared it first time with Malawarebytes, but it won't shift it now.

What prog do you use for your "scour"?

I haven't had any problems and I don't use an Apple...:P

In fact I have never found that I have had any virus or malware on any of my computers after using them for the last 20 years.

It is unlikely that the source of the OP's problems is PA.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Some of the ads do trigger a malware warning with chrome but those can be false positives. I wouldn't call it hacking and as Scumbag said most likely nothing to do with PA directly. Get a good antivirus, I use avast it is free and has blocked everything so far.

Never had a problem on PA. Not even an attack warning of any kind.

+1000

2013-01-08_124658.png

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

The Coupondrodown issue has been reported before. This is malware but does NOT emanate from PA.

Yes I know, sorry if I didn't word it well - I was just looking for tips as to how to get rid of it.

The problem with this OP is that he isn't saying what his problem is anyway.   :Think1:

An Apple a day keeps the bugs away then  :Think1: :Think1: :Think1:

I love the apple comments. I can't really blame this thought that Apple products are immune for viruses and malware. If Macs get to say 40%+ of the market, I think many will feel differently. Unfortunately I guess I am not hip or enough to have such a coveted product. Don't get me wrong they are very pretty and as Guy Kawasaki once said (something like), "design is everything" and Jobs agreed and made sure that Sir Jony doesn't really have a boss. I generally agree that design is critical but besides the US 10.7% marketshare, most of the world 95%+ don't seem so enamered.

In all seriousness, I doubt that anyone on this board really believes that a Mac is enherently more secure by design than an equivelent Microsoft or Linux OS.

On a side note, and I bet you could have guessed. I primarily use Windows 7 Ult. 64, with IE9 (blocks pop-ups, etc), and Security Essentials. I do use a sandbox for fun. I do use other browsers rarely (other non-ms) and RH (rarely for desktop work).

I feel that maybe I went a bit off topic. Anyway, a) what you are seeing isn't called hacking, b) if we are talking tracking, then just change your settings to block this or get an add-on/plugin if needed.

Mac user here - I want to echo what nrvous said. The biggest benefit Apple has had is that it's sitting on a unix core, which had decades of development before OS X popped up. It's a *little* more secure for that, but it's not enough. Apple's been lucky in it's not been majorly targeted (most compromises required physical access) but people keep trying. 

The single thing you can do to protect your computer (mac, pc, linux, etc) it to NOT run as an administrator. Log in as a user with lower privileges and it's significantly more difficult to inject an exploit into your system. Yeah, you'll need to probably type in an admin login/password to install a new app, but if anything else pops up trying to install - at least you can see it and stop it!

In Chrome, one can download a little app called adblock.  When that little coupon thing drops down, simply use the adblock to shut it down permanently.

I already do that here with some of the countdown timers and You Tube windows as they are sometimes slow to load.

Sorry I did not want to create "a storm", yet tonight after trying my first reply my computer has gone into arrest again. I am a dinosaur I find a lot of the input is for those who are technically advanced which at risk of criticism goes right over my head as everyone goes into "speak". Great if you know what it means, it has just taken 4 hours to get back to PA the only site I visited from my first log on other than reading emails from pattaya addicts subjects I followed.

I am a simple user and give no apology for that, I am just old. love LOS and the girls and never disguise to anyone why I love LOS and SEA. I would not like to be in a position where I could not interact on this site/forum as its the only thing that gets me by between visits.

Yes I know, sorry if I didn't word it well - I was just looking for tips as to how to get rid of it.

The problem with this OP is that he isn't saying what his problem is anyway.   :Think1:

I use google chrome with adblocker, never see any popup crap at all... ever...  love chrome, and cloud computing...  thinking I might buy one of those chrome netbooks next...  

I love the apple comments. I can't really blame this thought that Apple products are immune for viruses and malware. If Macs get to say 40%+ of the market, I think many will feel differently. Unfortunately I guess I am not hip or enough to have such a coveted product. Don't get me wrong they are very pretty and as Guy Kawasaki once said (something like), "design is everything" and Jobs agreed and made sure that Sir Jony doesn't really have a boss. I generally agree that design is critical but besides the US 10.7% marketshare, most of the world 95%+ don't seem so enamered.

In all seriousness, I doubt that anyone on this board really believes that a Mac is enherently more secure by design than an equivelent Microsoft or Linux OS.

On a side note, and I bet you could have guessed. I primarily use Windows 7 Ult. 64, with IE9 (blocks pop-ups, etc), and Security Essentials. I do use a sandbox for fun. I do use other browsers rarely (other non-ms) and RH (rarely for desktop work).

I feel that maybe I went a bit off topic. Anyway, a) what you are seeing isn't called hacking, b) if we are talking tracking, then just change your settings to block this or get an add-on/plugin if needed.

listened to a great interview with steve wozniak a while back, talking about this.  he called it "apple bigotry"... I deal with art people all the time who seem to think if other people cannot open their files, that's their problem... they drive me nuts with their apple proselytizing...

my first computer in the workplace was a mac, but ever since I have been on pc's... since before Gore invented the internet...

never gonna be a mac guy, even just gave up on my iphone and bought an android phone (galaxy s iii) to get out of their controlling  clutches...  unlocking my iphone as I type this, it's gonna be my thailand phone now.

went to high school with bill and paul... but that's not why I am a pc guy.. for me, pc's work perfectly and cost way less... now with cloud computing it is even easier and cheaper...  

Great you guys are communicating but you are not really inputting to the problem, are you just trying to prove your "the man".

wow, I went way off topic didn't we?

geezerrb, I think the problem most of us have had is that the terminology you are using is unusual or seemingly made up by you and it is hard to track. I get it, we are all old and some of us are more familiar than others. That's why we have this PA board so we can help each other.

I understand this might be very complicated but if you could post any printscreen of your computer, or even help with things like, what Operating Systems (Windows 7, Vista, Max OSX 10.2), and what browser name and version number that would get you better responses I think. Also, what the actual text looks like and maybe some of the exact words.

When you use the word "arrest" to me it implies that your computer "bluescreened" aka, completely stopped, the screen went basic blue with white text. and then possbily restarted itself. If this is true, you have a bigger issue with your computer.

Anyway, any more detail would be good, even in your own words is fine but more detailed if possible and I am sure we will continue to try to help if possible.

Great you guys are communicating but you are not really inputting to the problem, are you just trying to prove your "the man".

Sorry, but I don't think you've given anyone enough to go on and to most it seems doubtful that your problem even stems from PA.

I see that you said your PC went into "arrest", but unless you're able to give a lot more information I doubt that you're going to get answers.

Archived