IGNORED

I Year Multi Entry

balls

Obtained my years visa today, and I have to say......it was a piece of piss!

Right here goes for all interested.

Look up Hull consulate website, here's a link if you can't be arsed...http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

Go to visa application pack, print off forms from .pdf page.

Fill them in, giving as much information as you are able to, based on your individual circumstances, dont forget your passport and obtain at least 1 passport sized photograph, also complete the self declaration of financial support and sign it.

I had called and pre-booked an appointment over the phone, the guy at the other end was very sombre and serious, when I questioned him as to what info I might need to provide, he was very elusive, and advised me that I should bring, "whatever I thought was appropriate?". That was a lot of help.

So there I am travelling to Hull, with a small folder full of papers and documents. I was under the mis-aprehension that I would be needing loads of supporting evidence of where I was planning on visiting and what dates I would be in certain places, I even took bank statements showing that I would have enough funds to support myself during my stay and on my travels. This was based on the serious nature of the guys tone when I called for enquiries.

In actual fact......all that concern and anxiety was a waste of time! they never asked for any of it!. Even when I offered, they said, "it's ok, we only need the application form and the fee!". Imagine my relief, because it was a long way to travel to get there and would be financially a pain to have to return another time with more info. Your experience may differ, depending on the reason for your application.

I didnt even have to wait for an interview, I just walked in, rang the service bell and a very helpful lady came and sat in the reception there and then and checked everything over and whisked it away, that was excellent service.

I put "tourism" down as the reason for visit on the form, I didnt put a departure or return date on the form, I didnt even put a place where I was staying on the form. When I enquired if they would be necessary (I had prepared something in with my supporting papers to cover this), the very helpful lady filled them in for me with rough dates and left the "location of stay" blank!

I was not interviewed, merely relieved of my £110 and my application form and photos, asked to wait for 10 minutes in the reception, then she returned with my passport, stamp inside, with a valid from date of 04.07.07, with a 1 year expiration.

There was a useful form which I obtained from there, it was a document to record your visa details and number on in the event of theft or loss. This document can be faxed to the consulate and they will send a copy to a nominated fax number and a covering letter allowing you to remain in country and continue your stay without undergoing the hassle of potentially becoming "persona non-grata". There is a £15 fee for this service, but it would be worth it to remain in LOS should the unfotunate happen.

The 'O' visa will allow multiple entries into Thailand for blocks of 90 days, with the added bonus of a final 90 days from the day before expiration, this effectively gives you 15 months. There is still the requirement for visa runs every 90 days to fulfil the exit criteria and remain valid.

I enquired about what happened when my 15 month stay ends, what are the chances of obtaining another visa should i want to come home for a short break and go back?. "No problem!" was the reply, there is no limit to the number of 1 year visa's you can have, the only requirement is that you have to obtain them in your country of residence, which is UK for me.

I thought it would be a generally 'stuffy' affair, being interviewed by a jobsworth civil servant, being asked sticky questions and examined for any hint of mis-truths, but that impression was a thousand miles away from the actual experience. A helpful, friendly, knowledgeable staff and wholly straightforward and pleasurable 15 minutes flew by almost instantly.

I signed the visa book, "tomski808- pattaya addicts website guru", thanked the lady and jumped in my ride and headed home.

If only I'd have had some addicts stickers with me!!!

Wheels up!

i did mine by post when i was back in the uk recorded delivery. very easy only took a day to come back stamped and ready for war

Edited by spanky4star

Oh yeah, was gonna mention that......Cheers spanky

Next time, I would NOT even bother going in person, just post it. They reckon they had an 11 day turnaround, 11 days being the maximum to process it and return it.

How easy is that!?

Oh yeah, was gonna mention that......Cheers spanky

Next time, I would NOT even bother going in person, just post it. They reckon they had an 11 day turnaround, 11 days being the maximum to process it and return it.

How easy is that!?

When I was living in Manchester in 2004, I sent my passport of to Hull for the 1 year Non-imm visa and it was posted back to me in 2 days.

So you don't need the names and addresses of the people or family your supposedly visiting? I was wondering about this as I will be attempting the same thing next year. What all is really required to get a non retirement visa like that?

Been in today for mine - somebody has left a business card for The Meeting Point on one of the tables ;-)

Yeah i did mine and was also a piece of piss, received it straight back via recorded mail with no problems....

"Talk to Jesus"

So you don't need the names and addresses of the people or family your supposedly visiting? I was wondering about this as I will be attempting the same thing next year. What all is really required to get a non retirement visa like that?

Just 'Visit Friends' is what needs to be put on the form and no address in Thailand is required either.

Birmingham is also a good place to get it. I got mine there, made an appointment, went there, 10 minutes later walked out with Non Imm Type O and only out of pocket £95 I think.

Hull is good, great report Tomski, but I think it is best to just let people know that Hull is good, give them the link and let them find out the details for themselves. If the finer points get read by those in immigration they could well tighten the issue of visas from Hull etc and then we'd all be stuffed! Really think it is safer to edit out most of description, anyone looking for visa info soon discovers that places like Hull are good, posting exact reasons why could backfire :P

Another question then about the visas. Do they do criminal background checks on you? I've gotten arrested once in the past, but never convicted of anything, just wondering if that throws a wrench in the works? I mean if you had no problem getting a passport, than there should be none with a visa as well, right?

Yes Hull is easy

Would ADD though - do NOT do it in London. The embassy in London sticks to the "rules" and you have to show a marriage certificate to get a Non Imm O or B.

As has been pointed out Hull accepts "visiting friends"

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Posted application form for M x 90 Non-imm "O" visa at local post office 15:35 on Wednesday.

Received passport back at 10:50 this morning with lovely Multiple entry "O" visa

£100 for the Visa & £8.60 for two way 'special delivery' postage.

I got my multiple entry non-Immigrant O visa from Hull 2 and a bit years ago before retiring to live here. As the OP says, very helpful and no hassle whatsoever. The only difference was that 2 years ago, I had to produce a letter from someone else agreeing to pay the cost of repatriating me should the need arise. My brother signed mine - as if he could afford to pay for getting me back home!

This can now be self certified.

Alan

• 3 months later...

I was poking around on Thaivisa and fond a number of days calculator. Her is what it can be used for:

Use this utility to calculate different date range, for example:

- Number of days between two dates

- To calculate the 90 days in 6 months rule for visa exemptions

- To calculate overstay time

- To calculate extension or entry expiry date

- etc.

and here is the link: Visa Calculator

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Good info Cheers !!

I was poking around on Thaivisa and fond a number of days calculator. Her is what it can be used for:

Use this utility to calculate different date range, for example:

- Number of days between two dates

- To calculate the 90 days in 6 months rule for visa exemptions

- To calculate overstay time

- To calculate extension or entry expiry date

- etc.

and here is the link: Visa Calculator

Any vaginal shots in it?

• 5 months later...

This is excellent information Tomski.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to get an extension for the one year visa at the immigration service in Bangkok? If anyone has any experience with dealing with the immigration service in Bangkok I would be gratefull.

I can confirm the visa process is really that easy as i haved had mine granted twice now. Also i do live in Hull and for anyone travelling to The Thai office here it is very easy to find, literally two minutes off the main road into the city.

Im in Cleethorpes not far away.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

• 4 weeks later...

I agree thai consulate in Hull is quick and easy, they answer all your questions fast too. Great service

Did mine by post and got it back in 4 days no hassle.

p.s. dont forget to send it recorded :LMAO1:

Its excellent service and i really cant recommend this place enough.

Thai Visa Express

yes sure thing hull is good place.

i got my 1 year multi entry to from there.

did my pasport and documents in the mail and 5 days later i had it back with the big red stamp in it.

i hope they keep doing it.