IGNORED

The ability to post link to messages on here

bigbill340

Hi All,

I don't know if this is a new thing? or I have just spotted it? but I see you can now link posts off of this forum to many different types of social media!

I'm not sure that I am a fan of this as I think it could be open to abuse over time?

What are your views on it?

Bill

So that means that other people can put up a link to my posts? And publish the pics i post everywhere on facebook and such?

So that means that other people can put up a link to my posts? And publish the pics i post everywhere on facebook and such?

I'm not really sure andy666? would you mind if I tried with your last post on my fake facebook page? it's only got Thai girls on and I would delete it strait away!

Bill

Probably, although if they are in the Advanced area I would hope that non Advanced Members still couldn't get there?

Other passers by would have to take 2 minutes to register perhaps?   :Think1:

Yes mate, be prepared for troubles. the entire world will know that Andy666 is a guy that have a depraved life, fuck with young prostitutes in third world country, boast about it by posting pictures of these poor girls. They are probably underage as they looks so young...

One day, someone will link your profile with your real name, maybe your neighbourg... Think that's ok? Well, nowadays you should be still safe for a while. But when Belgium will vote a law against people  going overseas for sex tourism, they will have everything needed to charge you straight.

Of course, this is for all of us. Not only Andy666.

Sorry Admins, I think this board is becoming less and less safe. I know you're looking for more and more traffic on the site, but it will slowly kick us (mongers) out of it.

Hi All,

I don't know if this is a new thing? or I have just spotted it? but I see you can now link posts off of this forum to many different types of social media!

I'm not sure that I am a fan of this as I think it could be open to abuse over time?

What are your views on it?

Bill

I have no idea what you mean, nothing has been changed?  That link has always been there! Nothing has changed, just makes it easier to share a post, people can do it anyway, they still need to login,

Yes mate, be prepared for troubles. the entire world will know that Andy666 is a guy that have a depraved life, fuck with young prostitutes in third world country, boast about it by posting pictures of these poor girls. They are probably underage as they looks so young...

One day, someone will link your profile with your real name, maybe your neighbourg... Think that's ok? Well, nowadays you should be still safe for a while. But when Belgium will vote a law against people  going overseas for sex tourism, they will have everything needed to charge you straight.

Sorry Admins, I think this board is becoming less and less safe. I know you're looking for more and more traffic on the site, but it will slowly kick us (mongers) out of it.

This is a standard on all forums, I can't do much about it.  It has almost no relevance of effect to what most people are talking about in this thread. The forum is still membership only and all your stuff is safe. I can't believe what I am hearing, that link has always been there and it doesnt mean it will show your post.  People link to there content on facebook to there friends.  Am I missing something here?

I'm not really sure andy666? would you mind if I tried with your last post on my fake facebook page? it's only got Thai girls on and I would delete it strait away!

Bill

give it a try

People have always been allow to link to your posts, on all forums for the last 6 years.  What am i missing?

How will they be posting all your pictures?  a link is a link, it doesnt mean that all your pictures, name, house address etc is sent to facebook.

I have no idea what you mean, nothing has been changed?  That link has always been there! Nothing has changed, just makes it easier to share a post, people can do it anyway, they still need to login,

It might be just me? but I just noticed the sideways v thing at the edge of each post and thought that I'd ask if anyone else sees it as a little odd?

Can you link to someones posts then? is it just a link address? or will the link be an exact replica of what has been posted on here?

Bill

+ 1

We dont need FB on here

I'm not personally worried about it! I have put my real name on here more than once and I do not hide anything I get up to in Thailand from anyone, it's more about keeping the forum alive that worries me! If people are worried about what they post on here making it out to their real worlds(many hide the fact they monger, for many reasons) then it could affect the level of posting on here?

Bill

This is a standard on all forums, I can't do much about it.

Yes, I know you can't do much about it. It is the way internet goes these days : sharing everything to everybody. We all know the damages it can make in each one's life when something too private comes up in public. I guess we'll have to deal with it in the future.

BTW, I'm bringing there something against the rules, but to protect myself, I have to : Advanced status should be updated. 50+ post is not enough. It was few years ago, but not anymore.

Just make some stats on members getting their advanced status, and then not writing anymore. It should be surprising...

Also, advanced status should be revised (ie : automaticaly lost if under 100 post a year?) That should keep away the voyeurs and keep only people adding value to the board.

Just some ideas. You're running the business...

People have always been allow to link to your posts, on all forums for the last 6 years.  What am i missing?

How will they be posting all your pictures?  a link is a link, it doesnt mean that all your pictures, name, house address etc is sent to facebook.

I'm a computer and internet dummy, just asking what it means....

But i still find it strange why there is an option to link posts from other people to facebook, on second thoughts, they can do it without that option too.

give it a try

It Links so you can read the thread title, but that's it!

I think this will force posters to stay in the advanced section so that people can't just sign up in two minutes and troll through what has been posted by certain people.  I know it may of existed on here for years! but it is new to me, I'm not sure making it easy is great for the members of this forum? but it might help the growth of it in the short term.

Bill

I'm not personally worried about it! I have put my real name on here more than once and I do not hide anything I get up to in Thailand from anyone, it's more about keeping the forum alive that worries me! If people are worried about what they post on here making it out to their real worlds(many hide the fact they monger, for many reasons) then it could affect the level of posting on here?

Bill

It already has Bill IMO.

There are some great photographers who dont post anymore for various reasons, as you said some do not want pattaya linked to their home/private lives

It might be just me? but I just noticed the sideways v thing at the edge of each post and thought that I'd ask if anyone else sees it as a little odd?

Can you link to someones posts then? is it just a link address? or will the link be an exact replica of what has been posted on here?

Bill

Its been there 6 years, but now they added a larger icon

Too late, mate... you just made it :GoldenSmile1:

6a00d8341bf89d53ef01156fc7dd2f970c-pi.jp

Picture linked from an other blog :-)

Its been there 6 years, but now they added a larger icon

I'm sorry for starting this thread then!

I had never really noticed up until just now? but it is interesting to see what the general opinion is on this nonetheless!

Too late, mate... you just made it :GoldenSmile1:

6a00d8341bf89d53ef01156fc7dd2f970c-pi.jp

Picture linked from an other blog :-)

Didn't mean too! just interested if anyone else sees it as odd for a mongering forum?

It already has Bill IMO.

There are some great photographers who dont post anymore for various reasons, as you said some do not want pattaya linked to their home/private lives

It is a shame that there are so many people who will use the pics to a unmoral end! but you will never stop scum from doing what they do!

Bill

This subject has been done to death, the worst offenders to the security of this forum, is actually long standing members that get loved up and show the photos to the girls. The forum is still as secure as its been since the last thread.  It just feels like a lack of understanding that causes the confusion.

This subject has been done to death, the worst offenders to the security of this forum, is actually long standing members that get loved up and show the photos to the girls. The forum is still as secure as its been since the last thread.  It just feels like a lack of understanding that causes the confusion.

Would/could it be an idea to pin a message about the functionality of it on newbie advice then? Just an explanation of what exactly what the link will be and who will be able to view the information within the thread/reply? I have been a member on here for just over a year and have never read a thread about this? nor did/do I know exactly what the link consists of in all of the media?

Bill

I think this will force posters to stay in the advanced section so that people can't just sign up in two minutes and troll through what has been posted by certain people.  I know it may of existed on here for years! but it is new to me, I'm not sure making it easy is great for the members of this forum? but it might help the growth of it in the short term.

Bill

That part of it isn't new at all.

For example, you should find that all the threads in my Sig' are in Advanced, not because there's any explicit material in there, but because there is stuff about me which I'd prefer that idle googlers can't get at in 2 minutes flat.

Of course, that doesn't make it secure, just a little more difficult to get at for some and to some extent it keeps it away from google etc....I think.

The down side is that my threads get less hits than if they were 'out there' but never mind.

Those in Advanced can still copy posts or even whole threads (it's been done) and use them elsewhere, where access is open.

That is the internet unfortunately.

If we choose to play on it we have to live with how it works.

Those who still think that PA Advanced is like some sort of private club were never right, but they are increasingly less so.

If we post something on the internet and it comes back to bite us then we have no-one to blame but ourselves IMO.

That part of it isn't new at all.

For example, you should find that all the threads in my Sig' are in Advanced, not because there's any explicit material in there, but because there is stuff about me which I'd prefer that idle googlers can't get at in 2 minutes flat.

Of course, that doesn't make it secure, just a little more difficult to get at for some and to some extent it keeps them away from google etc....I think..

Those in Advanced can still copy posts or even whole threads (it's been done) and use them elsewhere, where access is open.

That is the internet unfortunately.

If we choose to play on it we have to live with how it works.

Those who still think that PA Advanced is like some sort of private club were never right, but they are increasingly less so.

If we post something on the internet and it comes back to bite us then we have no-one to blame but ourselves IMO.

I do agree that anyone can 'copy and paste' any of the content on here and then post it anywhere, I'd like to think that there is a little honor amongst mongers, but I'm not nieve enough to believe that everyone uses this forum for the same ends.

I do not hide any part of my life really, so I am not overly concerned about who reads my content, but IMO it is not a great idea to make sharing media/posts on a mongering forum easier.

Maybe I am just an old git with old fashion views on things? maybe it is just a thing of the age? maybe it will help the forum grow? But when I saw it today, my gut reaction is/was that it's not good!

Bill

What i find a bit weird is when we are being constantly followed 

attachicon.gifuntitled.bmp

Don't worry mate! It's only by two of the biggest and most intrusive companies around today! lol

Bill

Archived