IGNORED

Best Thai food?

dirtyslag

Soi Buakhao just opposite Sugar Sugar there is a great little Thai resturant. You can't miss it because it's quite busy any time of the day. Many Thai's and Falang eat there. Good food, wide variety and really cheap. Most dishes are about 50bt I think.

Thanx for all your help guys keep em coming...

I'll probably put on 10 stone by the time I come back at this rate!

Its not thai food but the Bhat buster breakfast at the Irish rovers on LK metro, can set you up for the day very good for the price.

that breakfast sets you up for the day ....almost as cheap as thai food also

There's a place on west side of Soi buakow across from Butchers Arms that the folk from Issan like. Authentic, cheap and good.

I don't know if it's the best thai food. But I've had good meals (big and small) at Nong Jai 1 on Second Rd. at the end of Thip Plaza next to Soi 10.

There's a new place opposite Bliss and up towards Central Road about 10 meters, a few doors down from the Family Mart. Ate there yesterday--much better than hole-in-the-wall to me, and cheap as chips. I'll try to get a picture up here soon. The name is Raan Mae Piew (restaurant mother Piu), but it's written in Thai, ร้านแม่ผิว. The phone number (I got their card so I can order stuff to go and pick it up) is 089-750-3583. Standard order food--Tom Yum Seafood we had was 50 baht. Omelette 30 baht, crab fried rice 40 baht, red curry with pork, 50 baht, if I recall correctly.

http://goo.gl/maps/2wyxx

I don't want to hear any crap about me owning it or having any interest other than as a customer--just noticed it and ate there for the first time yesterday. I doubt they've been open more than a month.

One of the better Thai food places I've tried is the one located on Pattaya Tai Soi 24 in front of Center Condo. They have outside stalls and also an upstairs which is air conditioned. This place is known by the local Thais as one of the best and the prices are good too.

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

I agree food land gets the nod from me for a quick bite always ok

just ask for food in the bar. All the girls need to eat and they will gladly zoom round the corner for you. Some bars even have a menu. Night wish can get amazing thin crust pizzas among others....

The Thais have an expression that means : 'whatever you have got' which normally turns out to be fried ( pad) with basel (kapow) pork/chicken ( moo/gai) and served with plan rice ( kaow plow).

so: pad kapow moo, or pad kapow gai the 5star version has a fried egg ( kai dow) on the top. ( pad kapow moo/gai, kai dow) The rice is priced in too but if they start on about 'kaow plow' they are just checking you want the rice.

The other staple food is fried rice ( kaow pad) with pork/chicken/seafood/ vegetarian ( moo/gai/seafood/pak) sometimes with a greasy omelette ( kai je-ow) on the top.

so: kaow pad mu, kai je-ow

if you want spicy (pet) or not spicy (mai pet). and the standard salt is a watery mixture with chilly floating in it, actually its made from fish so (nam pra)

dirtyslag, ive been in some pretty dangerous bars. eg happily firing metal darts over the customers heads at ballons on the wall. but how far can your girl fire that coke bottle? lol

I like chewing fanny but i couldnt finish my drink when a stray egg plopped in and made it cloudy...

Archived