Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Thai food?

dirtyslag

So here's my problem

Got my 3rd trip this year coming up,and the trouble is I can't eat!

I'm a big drinker (not drunk ,drinker!) my energy levels hit rock bottom and I end up forcing a shit McDonald's burger down me just to put something in my belly

Is there some where I can go before I get shitfaced to have a good tasty light Thai meal that doesn't cost the earth

Thanks for your help!

There are plenty of places around where you can get very good food! I ate from various places and I never had a bad meal!

There was one bar in Soi 6 that was quite good though! it was called ISS lagune or something similar? and then you are right in the heart of the action!

Bill

On WS the P-72 restaurant serves quality food as well.

................................................................................................................

...and let's not forget about the "hole-in-the-wall" (no name) restaurant on Soi Buakhao between Soi Diana and Soi LK Metro on the east side. Excellent food, service and pricing.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

I say P72 on WS.

Consistantly good and reasonable.

Sounds like you can get by on 300 bht.

PLUS - you get the parade view.

And you start at ground zero for fun.

There is also a small place at the very beginning of WS.

First place on the water side - more austere than P72.

More people watching.

Do you like pizza? Very good food here.

Great Swiss place on soi diamond -

left side heading to 2nd rd. from WS - right across from Windmill.

270 bht - big pizza and AYCE salad bar. !!!!

PLUS you get to see the dancers coming in at 7pm or so.

S C

So here's my problem

I'm a big drinker (not drunk ,drinker!) my energy levels hit rock bottom and I end up forcing a shit McDonald's burger down me just to put something in my belly

Is there some where I can go before I get shitfaced to have a good tasty light Thai meal that doesn't cost the earth

Thanks for your help!

It would help to know where you are staying, but right up from Walking St. on Pattaya Tai there are 3 very good Thai restaurants in a row and most meals are in the 70 to 90 baht range.

Coming from Walking St., they are on the left after you pass the Family Mart. If you make it to Cucumber restaurant, you've gone too far and have just passed them.

Thanks for the suggestion guys

I'm staying on soi 2 by the way but I don't care how far it is

I'm always whoring myself around the six and WS any ways

In the Alkazar car park( opposite side of 2nd road from you but not far) there is a row of about 10 Thai style fooderies where cheap good food can be had all washed down by cold beer.. I find the "PAT KRAPOW KAAI DOW"( rice with fried basil and chicken,pork etc topped off with a fried egg goes down a treat). It usually says something like "fried chicken with basil" on the english menu. ALOY!

LOS. Gotta Love It.

Hello. Central Pattaya road toward soi baukhau excellent Tai restuant called Lengee resturant. They stay late and the food is fresh and very reasonalby priced. Again central Pattay road (Pattaya Klang) You can try Tops supermarket. They do several food types in front of you and very reasonably priced.

All

<iframe width="350" height="240" src="//w2.countingdownto.com/544538" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://countingdownto.com">Countdown Clocks</a></p>

So here's my problem

Thanks for your help!

Afternoon dirtyslag,

The pig and whistle on soi 7 offers a nice breakfast along with a good beef stew and chips, it also has a small thia menu similiar to most other resturants. Plus it's a good drinking area both soi 7 & 8 are fun areas and only a short trip to 6 for you. The Hardrock also throws out a nice steak but its pricey.

Live long and shag well

F1rich

There is a Thai restaurant to the left of Walking Street on the left side, an open place, that has very good food. Only problem is, it used to be cheap, but a few years ago they raised their prices really high. Now, fewer patrons spending more money instead of a place packed with people.

Thais and Khmers really can never figure out supply/demand, economics, pricing, etc,...

You really cannot go wrong with Took Lae Dee restaurant inside any Foodland. There are many in Bangkok, and here is the Pattaya branch. The food is excellent, there is a wide selection of delicious Thai food and western food, the prices are VERY LOW, and you can watch them cook your food, so you know they are being hygenic. Only downside is the location of the Pattaya branch. It is almost all the way up Central Pattaya Road to Sukhumvit Road. From Second Road and Central Pattaya Road, it is a 15 to 20 minutes stroll to the restaurant on the left hand side. You'll walk past what used to be Carrefore, which I think is a Big C now.

Foodland Supermarket Co., Ltd. (Pattaya Branch)

190/16 Moo 9, Central Pattaya Road,

Tambon Nongprue, Amphur Banglamung

Chonburi 20260

Tel. (038) 422-426, (038) 360-170-2

Fax. (038) 426-162

Option 1 walk to any beer bar . order soda water. ask waitress for fried rice/boiled rice/noodle small meal -please- hand over 50 baht note when they return with food 5 to 25 mins later please tip well from change that they will give you and only keep 10 baht for bus

Option 2 -go to any large store shopping mall look for food court , buy card or tickets for 100 Baht walk around and buy what you like (advantage Air-Con no Tips)

Option 3 go to 4-5 star hotel bling restraunt pay a lot of money for usually poor quality "farang style" thai food from an english menu that may or may not resemble the dish you want

Just go native and eat where the locals eat ...like somebody said earlier it might help if we knew where you are staying ..lol

If your central check out the chicken man on pattaya klang just down from the August Suites ( same side ) ...excellent and likes the 1000's of other places in patts ..cheap as chips :)

Stay away from maccyd's cos that is shit food the world over !!!

Enjoy your trip :)

Food carts on beach road, follow the locals to see which ones are good. There's a few on the sois off WS that look OK and seem to be pretty popular with the locals too.

Other option is to ask your barfine if you spring her out early enough to still be hungry.

try the sailor bar...veru inexpensive and decent food Soi 6 by beach rd....also the beer darden has good food...decent priced...beach rd before WS

Thanks for the suggestion guys

I'm staying on soi 2 by the way but I don't care how far it is

I'm always whoring myself around the six and WS any ways

If your on soi 2 then there are many options...Big C has anything you would want and is very clean. for Thai food walk up soi 2 toward Big C go left on second road up about 3 blocks on the same side is several vendors that prepare very good food. You also have subway,KFC and pizza hut

try Greggs kitchen on drinking street just across the road on 2nd road from soi 2.. nice guy and he does very reasonable mix of Thai/other grub

Coffee Club (Royal Garden and Naklua) make very god Thai food !

Archived