IGNORED

The Chow Box opens opposite Mata Hari / Manhattan steak house

The Chow Box Pattaya

Looks ok.

P1170056 (640x480).jpg

Our Current menu is being translated as we speak and will now be in English, Thai & Russian.

Many Thanks

The Chow Box  Management 

• 1 month later...

I had dinner there last night with my TGF. Very nice oriental design inside, the place was spotless, including the bathrooms, the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. There were menus both in English and Thai. We ordered four dishes; special fried rice ( a little over cooked) duck chow mien, butterfly prawns and sweet & sour pork. All were good.

FYI, a Russian couple came in and sat next to us. They couldn't understand the menu in English, so they got up and left. The staff said this happens often. I drive by this restaurant every night and there are always lots of Russians queuing up for baht buses around dinner time all along this road. If I had a restaurant in this location, I'd print up some paper menus/brochures in both English & Russian and have a staff member walk around handing them out and maybe a little proactive advertising in Russian.

I had dinner there last night with my TGF. Very nice oriental design inside, the place was spotless, including the bathrooms, the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. There were menus both in English and Thai. We ordered four dishes; special fried rice ( a little over cooked) duck chow mien, butterfly prawns and sweet & sour pork. All were good.

FYI, a Russian couple came in and sat next to us. They couldn't understand the menu in English, so they got up and left. The staff said this happens often. I drive by this restaurant every night and there are always lots of Russians queuing up for baht buses around dinner time all along this road. If I had a restaurant in this location, I'd print up some paper menus/brochures in both English & Russian and have a staff member walk around handing them out and maybe a little proactive advertising in Russian.

They have no Russian customers, good, sounds my sort of place. Any restaurant that has a russian menu is one to be avoided.

• 2 weeks later...

Went hear again last night, had crab and sweet corn soup for both of us, Peking

Duck for two, I had sweet and sour chicken with rice, the wife had Singapore chow mien, two glasses of house wine each...bloody lovely...total bill 1150฿

Went hear again last night, had crab and sweet corn soup for both of us, Peking

Duck for two, I had sweet and sour chicken with rice, the wife had Singapore chow mien, two glasses of house wine each...bloody lovely...total bill 1150฿

£26, plus tip........This would pay for a Chinese buffet for 4 in the UK........but I guess being in Pattaya is what really matters....lol

Reviews aren't too good:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3810994-Reviews-Chow_Box-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Ha ha Lisbon, don't know where you eat but the last time I was in a Chinese

Restaurant in the UK it cost about 50quid for the two of us

I eat all over UK during my travels and £6/8 is the norm for a buffet, my last buffet with a few of my mates was in Manchester in a restaurant called 'International Buffet' in the city centre, 4 of us had lunch there £5.95 and there was a huge selection and you could eat as much as you wanted. Even better they were giving 2 for 1 on the drinks also, but don't know if that is still on. 4 buffets and 4 beers, I picked up the tab and it was just over £29.(1270baht)

But wouldn't swop the nightlife in Pattaya for that of Manchester, haha

Was eating at Chinese in Dublin Eden Quay, Jimmy Chung two weeks ago, Probably the best ever, only €8.90, eat as much as you want, I had Chicken/Sweetcorn soup then Five spring rolls and few chicken balls with sweet sour sauce then went for Chicken curry with fried rice then went for Chicken satay    and finished off with black forest cake and cream...

Archived