IGNORED

Tequila reef Cantina

sexy beast

Just up soi 7 from beach road TEQUILA REEF Mexican specialties, Bar-B-Q, Ribs & chicken steaks,seafood & thai food.

look out for this sign

13423-12808.jpg

13423-12809.jpg

It has inside air con seating as well as outside tables

13423-12810.jpg

The staff were ver friendly, we were served by this lovely young lady

13423-12811.jpg

complimentary chips & dips

13423-12812.jpg

tequila wings to start

13423-12813.jpg

Chicken & rib combo

13423-12814.jpg

My friend nick had chilli

13423-12815.jpg

The food was very good & the atmosphere was pleasant!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sexy beast

• slightly

• chuckd

• JimmyB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its been said before in many reviews on other boards , the food is about as authentic mexican as i am authentic bangladeshi.

the restaurant has a nice feel to it , the decor gives it a nice mexican setting , then the food takes that away.

sometimes the service can be very slow too , but it may be what some guys are used to when eating mexican in their own areas , it just doesnt compare in the slightest with the good mexican food i love so much.

ive actually been searching pattaya and jomtien for a good mexican food joint , turns out the best by a country mile is sold by big al from a stall , so why cant restaurants with big kitchens deliver what this guy can from a small street cart.

Have to agree with Mulphy.

Some friends and I ate there last November. I'm by no means an expert, but I am from an area overran with Mexican restaurants, as is one other member of our dinner group that evening, so I think we can both say, with some confidence, we know good Mexican food when we taste it. Unfortunately, Tequila Reef was not a positive experience.

Totally agree with the above posters! I was with 4 friends who eat there a lot because of the

ribs / chicken combo & they were delicious :D

I am certainly no expert re Mexican food. But I do like my ribs and IMO the Tequila Reef has the best ribs and chicken in Pattaya.And also the best frozen margaritas.It is my equal most favourite restaurant in Pattaya along with Yamatos Japanese.

If you believe the Tequila Reef has the best chicken and ribs in pattaya then you must not get out much.

The best chicken and ribs is at The Great American Rib Company in Theppassit road in Jomtien .

Please try it and im sure you will agree and that my friends is THE TRUTH .

• 2 weeks later...
If you believe the Tequila Reef has the best chicken and ribs in pattaya then you must not get out much.

The best chicken and ribs is at The Great American Rib Company in Theppassit road in Jomtien .

Please try it and im sure you will agree and that my friends is THE TRUTH .

I ate there last week & will agree the food was very good.

What spoiled it though was the bill

17% on top ( 10% service + 7% VAT )

That did not go down to well !!

Why do restaurants do that ?

You go to these places thinking

" I dont care if its a bit pricey, I just want a quality meal "

Then that happens & it just winds you up.

Out of principle I wont be going there again

:Chokdee3:

I ate there last week & will agree the food was very good.

You go to these places thinking

" I dont care if its a bit pricey, I just want a quality meal "

Then that happens & it just winds you up.

Out of principle I wont be going there again

:Raspberry6:

I didnt make myself clear.

I was talking about The American Rib Company.

I have been to Tequila Reef a few times & the food has been very good.

Also the Margeritas where great !

I fully agree mate, a fucking rip-off. There seems to be more and more places in town now doing this. When most people if, given good service, will leave a tip for the staff. I think it is bad for them to add that to the bill AND STILL EXPECT you to leave something on the plate !!!!!! Often the last 100 Baht is split into 20's and 10 Baht coins. It is very much a Septic thing this tipping business, most all of the rest of the world tip when given good service, that is something which very rarely happens in Thailand wherever you eat ( a few of the upper end nosheries exempted ).

I will, and do, tip when i am looked after, but i am fucked if i will tip when given very poor service and/or shite food. I do not like being told that i WILL give 10% regardless. ( i have seen 15% added plus 7% )

SteveBC

• 3 weeks later...

I have eaten there 2x, first time was very very average taste wise, plus the air con was dripping on our table, and the staff seemed bothered by the fact that we asked to be moved to another table.

The 2nd time I visted was the last, as the food was even worse.

Only positive aspect of that dive is that fact it is a great place to people watch up and down the soi

I have eaten there many times a will go back again and again

Tequila Reef has the best ribs in town. Even beats my favorite BBQ place (Bob's BBQ). However, I do not like their mexican food. Best mexican is the Blue Parrot in Pattaya land or Big Al's small cart in front of Atlantic Bar.

Submarineman

• 2 weeks later...

I had the misfortune of eating at Tequila Reef 3 weeks ago. I had the chilli burrito and spent most of the next 12 hours being sick. Yes, it was the burrito since I had eaten nothing that day.

This was my fourth time there and I won't be back. Each time was progressively worse.

I like this place. The big portions kill me as its hard to do a bar crawl after eating one of these meals. Last time I went in I thought I would just order a couple of beef tacos thinking they were small like something from Taco Bell USA. But when they arrived they were huge and stuffed with steak. So much good food in pattaya.

It's interesting to note that Tequila Reef was started by the guy who is now the head chef at Great American Rib. ++ sucks - but you get it at all the chains (not Sizzler) & big hotels.

GAR is good food & expensive. They have nice apple pie or cheesecake too.

• 1 month later...

i have always enjoyed TR the only problem is walking down the steps from the bathroom after a couple of magaritas

i am only interested in the illegal, the immoral and the fattening

• 1 month later...
Just up soi 7 from beach road TEQUILA REEF Mexican specialties, Bar-B-Q, Ribs & chicken steaks,seafood & thai food.

look out for this sign

97088-3006.jpg

97088-3007.jpg

It has inside air con seating as well as outside tables

97088-3008.jpg

The staff were ver friendly, we were served by this lovely young lady

97088-3009.jpg

complimentary chips & dips

97088-3010.jpg

tequila wings to start

97088-3011.jpg

Chicken & rib combo

97088-3012.jpg

My friend nick had chilli

97088-3013.jpg

The food was very good & the atmosphere was pleasant!

looks authentic :P will have to try it out to see if the taste is as well

in no way, shape or form does anything they serve there come in any proxomation of mexican food. it was expensive as well. totally not worth the time at least in my humble opinion.

28278.png

Nothing special If on the street when the mood hits you OK. Not worth a trip for

Eaten there a few times but on last visit found some kind of grub in the food,when i showed it to the waitress she just laughed,but wasn't laughing so much when there was no tip(Tequila Reef)

Edited by crudski

"Once you've gone asian you'll never go caucasian"

• 2 weeks later...

went there one time, knew the owner from when he would hang out at the Alamo on soi 8 recruiting customers for his place. I asked for a beer chang and the owner smugly said "oh we dont serve that beer here" kinda put me off as it happens to be the beer i like. Also Vat is added to the bill so you get all these coins in your pocket after you pay the bill so i gave the little coins as a tip . Maybe I was having a bad night but there are too many places in Pattaya to earn a second try from me....one other thing a place that has to advertise that much as they do to stay in business has to have something wrong with them...... Also with that much advertising it has to add to the bill..... Just my opinion

Edited by wrassell

_____addicts.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm very sorry to be negative but i can't let it go. I went to Tequilla Reef because I'm from New Mexico and that IS in the United States.

We cook both Spanish and Mexican food here. Of course its Thailand not Mexico or New Mexico I understand that. I will start with the salsas and chips. They were good. Honestly they were good.

The chili was odd and didn't taste like Chili at all. I saw the menu and was confused. Nothing else looked right. It seemed more American food with a side of salsa. The Margaritas were great too and the young gals were pleasant and very kind. But the food overall just wasn't right.

If you want Mexican there is a restaurant on the same Soi as Classroom and Mistys. Its about 5 businesses up from Beach road on your left if your walking towards Second Street. I was actually impressed by it.

This place is easy to find the bar has photos of US and UK jets and a American Flag, and Brittish Flag on the roof inside.

I promise it was impressive for Thailand.

I had to say something positive so thats why i listed the other restaurant.

I just want you all to have good food.

Adios Amigos.

KEITH

If you want Mexican there is a restaurant on the same Soi as Classroom and Mistys. Its about 5 businesses up from Beach road on your left if your walking towards Second Street. I was actually impressed by it.

This restaurant is on Pattayaland 2, is called the Blue Parrot, and is MUCH (I agree) better than TQ Reef.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh heh... I always enjoy going to the Blue Parrot with my evening's companion - the food I find greatly to my taste.

And the one time I visited the TQ Reef I did enjoy the meal. However, I could only manage the chilli chips (French fries) starter because the portion was too humongous to allow for anything else. :) Hooray! :D Next time I'll try the ribs.

Oddly, the worst Mexican food I ever had was in Mexico. Go figure. :wacko:

DT