Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tequila reef Cantina

sexy beast

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sexy beast

• slightly

• The Truth

• galt67

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Allways had a bloody good meal there! nice to see nick and dale in the shots :D

TQ is a must for me every time I am in Pattaya!!!!!

Blue Parrot just plain sucks! Arai Wah?

• 2 weeks later...

Now this a resterant more to my taste. Good food Good service and AC. You better be hungry befor you go here....

But my girl doesent like the Thai food there..... But she is VERY picky when it comes to food :D

Havent tried the Blue Parrot yet, but thats next on my list :D

We Were Born To Fuck Eachother....

One Way Or The Other....

• 1 month later...

This used to be one of my favourite restaurants in Pattaya - not for the mexican food which I've never rated but for the ribs & snacks. It's also a great place to relax and watch the world go by while enjoying a few excellent margaritas. The banana one is dangerous - tastes like a milkshake but it's got a real kick. You only notice it when you stand up to leave.

Can't believe how much it's gone downhill in the last few months. Went today, giving them one last chance, and the food again was not good, and the service was just plain evil. I was served by the old bird and you'd think she had to pay a fine for a smile. Everything delivered to my table (drinks, food, bill) served without a word being spoken and the death stare on her face.

Unfortunately a combination of poor food and terrible service means that I won't be going back there, which is a a shame coz I've always liked it there. No complaints about the younger girls who work there - they're nearly always happy and give good service.

Not easy to find good Mexican food in Pattaya, but I reckon Mike's on Thappraya Road on the way to Jomtien suits my tastes. Their margaritas are pretty good too.

Me and quite a few BM, had dinner and lunch here on several occasion on our last trip and its good food and great service the frozen cocktails are great and if you like Burritos you must try the one call East LA.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

• 5 months later...

looks great...I've walked by many times but never had the time or hungry at the time to go in and eat...

..I've always had other things on my mind when I am in the Soi 6 or soi 7 area.

also, coming from San Diego and taking the blue line down to TJ....very rarely have

I found anywhere where they really have authentic mexican food to my liking (unless in Mexico)...but

I have learned to enjoy many places outside of Mexico...next time I have the craving/itch...I'll give it a try.

thanks for the heads-up/info.

aki

• 2 weeks later...

Tequila Reef most def does not serve Mexican food. I am born in Texas my mom is Mexican I was fed Mexican Food all my life lol and just becaue you put a bowl of salsa next to somthing does not make it Mexican Food. But yes there is but ,I do go there most of my trips at least once a trip if I can not because of the Mexcian food but becasue of the place it self I have always had great service and the ribs and chicken and my fav there shots of Patron Tequila. YOu have have got to try the Patron Tequila. LOL and the people watching you can sit there and chill. I dont care for there so called Mexican food but the place is not a bad place. If you want good Salsa Bob's has the best salsa by far and this comes from someone who has been eating salsa before I could walk you can almost consider salsa part of Mexcian Culture.

Edited by TXTOYZ

Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow... Arriba Arriba Cabrones!!!

Could not agree more about Tequilla Reef. It's a nice place but if you are used to eating Mexican food you will be disappointed. It won't stop me from visiting it on my next trip. I like the location and the Magaritas :D

Thanks for the tip on Bob's salsa, will give that a try too.

I have had some great meals in TR, but I have also had some that were very, very average. There lies the problem in my eyes, the total inconsistency, even the salsa tastes and looks different one time from the next.

But the wife loves the Margaritas so I am sure we will be back again

Yum, I'm hungry. But kick out the angry-looking dude first.

:Thanks3:

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Tequila Reef has the best ribs in town. Even beats my favorite BBQ place (Bob's BBQ). However, I do not like their mexican food. Best mexican is the Blue Parrot in Pattaya land or Big Al's small cart in front of Atlantic Bar.

Submarineman

Hey Sub, I love TR for Mex but am staying near Big Al's so on your 'best mexican' tag I headed for Big Al's..........................

nice try.......fail!!!!!

TR everytime - Big Al's?......well what can I say........good name I m sure.....food?.....naah

Al

• 1 month later...

never seen ribs in a Mexican restuarant and I live in California where half of our restuarants (and population) are/is Mexican!

Edited by nomore

• 3 weeks later...

The food there sucks. Tried it a couple of times, and very disappointed.

I don't care if it's authentic mexican, just has to be edible.

Go to the Pig & Whistle....

I think it's shit.

Bobs is a mile better.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

• 1 month later...

Okay I have been there on 4 or 5 times on a fe differnt times and now after reading this I am wondering if it is the same place. Grubs in the food? Yikes. Toto this isn't Kansas anymore. I have had some good meals there and like there new line of high end tequillas but there are pretty steep in price.

Bodi

I have eaten at both TR and the Blue Parrot. TR has the best Quessadias (spelling) and the BP has the best chimichongas.

I've had good expeciences at both places. Only bad thing I can say about TR is that the refreid beans tasted burnt on my last trip.

TR has really nice staff and a great atmosphere while the Blue Parrot girls would yell at passing tourists like the Soi 6 girls.

How much for a taco and a bar fine....thanks?

While TR has inside AC, BP is all outdoors and hot hot hot.

I like both places and plan to visit both of them on my next trip...

Cheers.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I'm look forward to visting TR next month (I like to make up my own mind), I'll also try the Blue Parrot. It's great to get all this feedback. map_small.gif

• 3 months later...
They're supposed to be opening up a Tequila Reef in AC, PI in the next couple of months I've heard..

This is true. The location is just off Fields Rd. The place is taking forever to build- but that could just be life in the PI...

Best of Luck to the owner. AC could use a few good restaurants within walking distance to the action on Fields.

TR can be good depending on what you order, the Reefer Madness appetizer sampler is a meal in itself. The mango margaritas are wonderful. But once a buddy of mine ordered a small steak and thought it was awful. Left it in the bushes on beach road for the strays. I took a walk by the next morning, and it was still there. Even the stray dogs wouldn't touch it. Just be sure to allocate a half hour for the crapper if you eat there.

Retired

have ate in here many times and don,t have a bad word to say about it everything i have tasted has been excellent. The starters are big enough to be a main meal so you get your moneys worth. and the meat just falls off the ribs which are lovely i visit this place every time i am in pattaya and will continue to do so.