IGNORED

confused !

Steven B'stard

Right, i am looking to buy a portable device pretty soon and have narrowed it down to the New Ipad, Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 or the Galaxy Note.

Have been reading many reviews good and bad on all three. Have a few questions.

1 what is the difference between the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note?

I understand the Note is more business orientated, and has the little pen thing with it but can you still download all the app's that are available for the Galaxy Tab ?

Something i read totally confused me regarding both these not having a built in mic or a mic jack to add an external use, yet it is supposed to be very good tab for skype, hoe does that work ?

2 I think the Ipad sounds a great piece of kit but the only thing is the operating system, IOS not being unable to download torrents , video, streams etc,

I will use whichever i finally choose to browse the internet quite a bit, as well as Photo editing / storage etc, games, movies and the apps of course.

the main reason for buying one is for the mobility factor, i still have a desk top in my home and a 17 inch laptop which is too big and heavy to carry around the world.

Which one do i go for ?

Edited by Steven B'stard

Stevie

re tab and note, I don't know where you read that they don't have a built in mic cos they both do.

Google Nexus looks good for the money as well

Edited by dave-

re tab and note, I don't know where you read that they don't have a built in mic cos they both do.

Google Nexus looks good for the money as well

i defo read that somewhere today and it put me right off, thanks

here - have highlighted that part in yellow about the mic

Product Comparison

Compare up to 4 products side-by-side Compare now

Here are your product options side by side so that you can compare them for price, style, features and performance. Remove this product from comparison 124094.jpg

Remove this product from comparison 123430.jpg Product name SAMSUNG GT-P5110ZWABTU Customer rating Price

£ 399.00

In Store £399.99

£ 299.99 Purchase options Buy Online Collect from Store Buy Online Collect from Store

Features

brand SAMSUNG SAMSUNG screen size 10.1 inches 10.1 inches hard drive 16 GB 16 GB operating system tbc Android 4.0 compatible with adobe flash tick.pngtick.png screen type Touch Screen Touch Screen screen resolution 1280 x 800 1280 x 800 wi-fi tick.pngtick.png 3g enabled cross.pngcross.png bluetooth cross.pngtick.png processor type Quad Dual processor model Exynos 4412 OMAP 4430 hdd shock protection cross.pngcross.png media card slots Micro SD Micro SD express card slot cross.pngcross.png internal sound card cross.pngcross.png usb ports cross.pngcross.png pre loaded apps cross.pngcross.png camera megapixels 5 3 finger print reader cross.pngcross.png back camera tick.pngtick.png built-in webcam tick.pngtick.png built in speakers tick.pngtick.png built-in microphone cross.pngcross.png built-in gps cross.pngcross.png hdmi output cross.pngcross.png vga port cross.pngcross.png headphone jack tick.pngtick.png microphone jack cross.pngcross.png battery life 10 hours 10 hours weight 0.600kg 588 g battery type RechargeableLi-ion Li-ion case design White White dimensions 18.0x26.2x0.9(H/W/D)cm 0.1x0.1x0.1(H/W/D)cm

-->

Edited by Steven B'stard

Stevie

i,m using a galaxy tab 2 10.1.

love it for internet and media,you can plug an mini sd card into it

cant do that with an ipad!!!! :GoldenSmile1: 9

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I have been looking for a tablet myself and just had another look and the tab has one on the left side/edge.

And the note is a phone as well so defo will have one.

Unless i'm looking at diferent models if there are any??

I think i will be going for the Nexus 7 for what i need.

i liked the look of the Nexus too , but thought it was a bit small for browsing and watching movies,

i will make my decision soon and have my new toy by the weekend

appreciate your input Dave

Stevie

This is not the right time to buy a new TABLET. October end you going to have these two new tablets.

Windows going to launch Windows8 surface 11.2 inch starting from 449USD, many dont believe but it is going to be a game changer

Ipad mini. 7 incher priced 250 USD and up will surely beat android 7 inchers.

Still if you want a tablet, Nexus7 is the only right device. Rest just don't come close to it in 7 inch segment. If you want more media option go for Samsung tab2.

If you looking for 10inch Galaxy note tab is great but it wont come close to Windows surface so not even worth to have a feel.

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

This is not the right time to buy a new TABLET. October end you going to have these two new tablets.

Windows going to launch Windows8 surface 11.2 inch starting from 449USD, many dont believe but it is going to be a game changer

interesting, any idea when they launch in the Uk though? Like the sound of this.

Stevie

interesting, any idea when they launch in the Uk though? Like the sound of this.

Oct 28 will be launch of windows 8 surface and than flooded by other manufacturer. Same time for UK but may be 50usd difference.

I think its on 23rd or 26th iPad mini is going to launch.

Don't buy any other before seeing these tablet real hand on reviews.

Hellbender beat me 2 it.

I know it's tempting to buy a new toy now but hold off.

Even if you don't want the new stuff the others may reduce their prices to stay competitive.

For the record I have an iPad (not jail broken) and have no problems playing movies and music downloaded from Torrents.

There is a great app called Flexplayer plays all video formats.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Oct 28 will be launch of windows 8 surface and than flooded by other manufacturer. Same time for UK but may be 50usd difference.

I think its on 23rd or 26th iPad mini is going to launch.

Don't buy any other before seeing these tablet real hand on reviews.

Hellbender beat me 2 it.

I know it's tempting to buy a new toy now but hold off.

Even if you don't want the new stuff the others may reduce their prices to stay competitive.

For the record I have an iPad (not jail broken) and have no problems playing movies and music downloaded from Torrents.

There is a great app called Flexplayer plays all video formats.

yes ok, thanks guys, i will hold off a few weeks and make my mind up when i've seen the new releases

Stevie

That's a wise decision mate and one more reason why you need to wait for windows8 surface.

Microsoft turns Surface tablet into a skateboard

Gorilla Glass 2 and a chassis forged from magnesium lend Microsoft's Surface slates some durability, but the firm's decided to prove just how tough its tablets are by turning one into a skateboard. The wheeled slice of Windows 8 is said to have been rolled out during a tour of Redmond's Surface skunkworks, butWindows chief Steven Sinofksy couldn't resist hopping on the board today and tweeting a pair of photos. You can pre-order your deck now, though something tells us this mod isn't covered under Ballmer and Co.'s warranty.

microsoft-surface-skateboard.jpg

microsoft-surface-skateboard.jpg

I been wondering for a while where they will go "development wise" in the future.

Now I see!

Although it would be a lot cooler if it was a hover board like in Back to the Future 2.

Featured-Post_Hoverboard-600x450.jpeg

I been wondering for a while where they will go "development wise" in the future.

Now I see!

Although it would be a lot cooler if it was a hover board like in Back to the Future 2.

Featured-Post_Hoverboard-600x450.jpeg

Future would be very interesting & innovative (but few never does) and probably we don't have to go Thailand instead we can virtually be in Thailand and a stunner thai robo ready to fuck all day & night. Quite possible.

Edited by Hellbender

Future would be very interesting & innovative (but few never does) and probably we don't have to go Thailand instead we can virtually be in Thailand and a stunner thai robo ready to fuck all day & night. Quite possible.

Haha I loved the iPhone 5 video (and yes I am an iPhone user).

As for the robot woman....I find it a little distressing that even the future robot women need to have their phone with them 24/7.

This is going way off track from the original tread topic now but check out this video on robots.

Oh the possibilities in the future!

This is going way off track from the original tread topic now but check out this video on robots.

Oh the possibilities in the future!

OP is already decided to hold so we can screw this thread. LOL

Ahhh what a piece of art, i think this robo is ready for blowjob. Future sound very promising. :hello09:

^^^ aaahhh - I know how I would reprogram this robot... aaahhh open wide... aaahhh that's good... AAAHHH... AAAHHH... OK, all done, you may rinse now

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

That Microsoft Windows Surface looks the dogs bollocks, think i have made my mind up, USB port and a HDMI port for plugging into your HD tv when at home, great for movies, games etc.

Built in fold away stand and fold away keyboard which their rivals sell separately.

Front and rear facing HD video cameras, (handy)

Loaded with apps

Dual MIMO antenna's

Windows RT amd microsoft office pre installed.

Release date is only a week away, ( October 26) i tried this morning and a few minutes ago to pre order, can only be ordered through the Microsoft website, once you have loaded your shopping cart and click "Go to checkout" the screen just goes white and there is a small "error" sign down the bottom of the page. can't proceed any further.

I called Microsoft and they say keep trying, they are inundated with pre orders so looks like this is going to be a popular item, they say they are working on the problem, wouldn't take the order over the phone, which was odd i thought.

Ah well, keep trying i will. Though i have to admit it is a bit pricey but what the hell.

anybody not seen this here is a link - http://www.microsoft...uctID.257929400

Edited by Steven B'stard

Stevie

I think you need to install Google chrome browser and try to pre order.

Not to confuse you but i am waiting for the Pro model, that is bit heavy & pricey. It is actually a core i5 processor based tablet which runs professional windows 8 OS with desktop & retro interface. I have 3-4 tablets and need more than a mobile OS.

The windows surface RT runs only retro interface but still it should be better than anything else in market, as you said dual memo+USB+HDMI+MS OFFICE will blow rest.

Unlikely the pro model will be available in another 3-4 months but that is worth a wait cos this is a real laptop in a tablet foam factor and works with all Windows software.

I still believe Windows surface RT will be a huge success and the future of Android will be less than 200$ device rest wont survive after Windows8 & iPad mini launch.

Windows Surface RT pre ordered, just have to wait until next Friday for it to be delivered :SoWhat1:

Edited by Steven B'stard

Stevie

Windows Surface RT pre ordered, just have to wait until next Friday for it to be delivered :SoWhat1:

Congrats but you have to post a complete review with pictures same day you receive.

Edited by Hellbender

Congrats but you have to post a complete review with pictures same day you receive.

No problem, will do.

If you hadn't came onboard the thread i would probably have gone for the Samsung.

Thanks

Stevie

No problem, will do.

If you hadn't came onboard the thread i would probably have gone for the Samsung.

Thanks

Not at all a problem mate and that's why we are on board, helping, sharing & caring. :hello09:

Samsung tab is crap, over priced & dated. I still believe Widows surface is future of tablet and that is a piece of art. Did you order the touch cover too? That is something world hasn't seen and seriously you will make many people jealous. I mean those iPad guys.

Cheers.