IGNORED

Chronic overstayers

hpsauce

A friend recently told me about a mutual acquaintance still here in Pattaya whose visa expired about 5 months ago. The guy ran short of money and was unable to renew his visa with all the cost that entails. He now stays here earning and bumming enough to get by, but is now effectively trapped inside Thailand as an illegal alien. He runs the risk daily of being caught. Even if he conveniently loses his passport, the immigration authorities will still have records relating to his old passport. It's good living in Thailand, but I can't imagine being so desperate to stay here that I would go to this extreme. I know there are a few desperate cases in Pattaya, but I wonder how many there are.

Verbum sat sapienti est.

Do you work for immigration?

There probably are a fair few but names will not be given out.

there is a gekko that has been in my room for about 2 and a half months.

he was never invited and has stayed far too long for my liking.

We've got his whole family staying over at ours.

Do you work for immigration?

There probably are a fair few but names will not be given out.

Work for immigration. Is my English that bad?

"If to have problem or diffication with visa service please be to contact Col. Phum Pui at [email protected]."

I'm glad to hear that no names will be given out, because that certainly wasn't the intention of my post. :D

Verbum sat sapienti est.

out of curiosity, what happens if you overstay and try to leave the country?

I'd imagine you'd be put in the Bangkok prison, asked to pay a very large fine, deported and banned from ever entering Thailand again.

Verbum sat sapienti est.

I'd imagine you'd be put in the Bangkok prison, asked to pay a very large fine, deported and banned from ever entering Thailand again.

Probably also depends on how long you have overstayed, what you where doing when the BiB apprehended you & how much baht you have lying around to avoid the whole thing getting to court.

If you're skint, over stayed for months & working without visa when you are caught, you can probably expect a stay in the Monkey House before deportation and banned for life from returning to the Kingdom. If you're really unlucky or up to no good when you're caught, they might not bother with the deportation and just send you to rot...

What does the HP stand for ?

H olday P olice :)

No seriously though, there are probably hundreds of overstayers here in Thailand !! not something i would ever like to be in myself, given the choice you would be better off in your home land with no money.

A very good friend of mine is just about to attempt to leave Thailand after a 2+ year overstay. He believes that as long as he has the maximum 20 000 Baht fine on him at the border all will be fine.

He is no stranger to this situation as his last overstay was 9 years. On that occasion he had lost his passport and prosecuted for illegal entry as he could not produce his entry stamp. He was put into immigration jail for a few days and then deported to the UK (at his own expense of course and they don't book the cheapest flight). He was not banned from returning to Thailand and is back up to his old tricks as described above.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

What does the HP stand for ?

H olday P olice :Thanks3:

No seriously though, there are probably hundreds of overstayers here in Thailand !! not something i would ever like to be in myself, given the choice you would be better off in your home land with no money.

I agree with you 100%. At least if you were back home you could be trying to make some money to get back here.

By the way, you've sussed me out. I'm really a holiday police sauce (read source). :Busted:NOT

No seriously, hp stands for hand phone sauce, the name of my telephone sex company back in the UK. It's a play on words, a bit like the service my company offers. :Agree: (Only joking: I don't really)

171565-4449.jpg

And remember:

171565-4450.jpg

Edited by hpsauce

Verbum sat sapienti est.

A very good friend of mine is just about to attempt to leave Thailand after a 2+ year overstay. He believes that as long as he has the maximum 20 000 Baht fine on him at the border all will be fine.

He is no stranger to this situation as his last overstay was 9 years. On that occasion he had lost his passport and prosecuted for illegal entry as he could not produce his entry stamp. He was put into immigration jail for a few days and then deported to the UK (at his own expense of course and they don't book the cheapest flight). He was not banned from returning to Thailand and is back up to his old tricks as described above.

I know a guy who once overstayed 5 years. But this was a long time ago.

out of curiosity, what happens if you overstay and try to leave the country?

If it is an obvious long overdue overstay you will be arrested..( You did not respect the laws of the Kingdom) Fined heavily and if you cant pay your embassy will be notified and they will sort it out..Blacklisted to never enter the kingdom again..It gets ugly before it gets better..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the guy's on Pattaya beach road asking for a spare 20 bht for a meal because they are waiting for money to come through are probably on month's if not years overstay.

This is a fairly accurate description of the situation. On leaving the Country you will be fined the 20,000 baht max. or 500 baht a day if less. This is however only at the airport or border crossing. If arrested by police, or even if you are involved in an accident, you will be classed as an illegal alien, spend 3 or 4 nights in jail, receive a Court Order for your deportation and be on your way with a blacklisting( as per the Immigration Act 1979) on the newly updated Immigration Computer System in Bangkok. This is however only for idiots who have something like 60,000 baht and are too stupid or lazy to renew their visa :Bow2: If you are one of those who simply has no money you will languish in Immigration Prison ( which Amnesty International rates as some of the worst detention facilities in the world), until you find someone kind enough to give you the money ( Ihave witnessed some still there after 1 year). Only having experience of the UK Embassy, NO they will not bail you out, but will visit you now and again.

This is a fairly accurate description of the situation. On leaving the Country you will be fined the 20,000 baht max. or 500 baht a day if less. This is however only at the airport or border crossing. If arrested by police, or even if you are involved in an accident, you will be classed as an illegal alien, spend 3 or 4 nights in jail, receive a Court Order for your deportation and be on your way with a blacklisting( as per the Immigration Act 1979) on the newly updated Immigration Computer System in Bangkok. This is however only for idiots who have something like 60,000 baht and are too stupid or lazy to renew their visa :Bow2: If you are one of those who simply has no money you will languish in Immigration Prison ( which Amnesty International rates as some of the worst detention facilities in the world), until you find someone kind enough to give you the money ( Ihave witnessed some still there after 1 year). Only having experience of the UK Embassy, NO they will not bail you out, but will visit you now and again.

Fuck me, 1 year! If u don't have the money to renew your visa or get back home, what do u do??? Oh and how long can u stay on visa's?

Fuck me, 1 year! If u don't have the money to renew your visa or get back home, what do u do??? Oh and how long can u stay on visa's?

I would have to know individual circumstances to advise on visas, there are many types with different lengths of stay and difficulty in obtaining. You can just hope the Embassy can obtain the money from some relative, or charitable organisation here or in your Home Country. Depends if you've got a genuine hard luck story ( thai girlfriend run off with all your money :ILoveU2: ), or if they think you're just a plonker who spent all his money on wine, women and song and wasted the rest :Bow2: .

• 2 weeks later...

Now why cant we enforce these same laws here in the USA....?

If it is an obvious long overdue overstay you will be arrested..( You did not respect the laws of the Kingdom) Fined heavily and if you cant pay your embassy will be notified and they will sort it out..Blacklisted to never enter the kingdom again..It gets ugly before it gets better..

• 4 weeks later...
Now why cant we enforce these same laws here in the USA....?

???? I think USA does..

was just in the news to day Icelandic girl 3 weeks overstay put in iron " cufs" on hands and feet draged tru the whole

terminal to prison over night.

Thats the one i set out the door of my room tomski when i had the room next to yours :Bravo1::P

I'm a chronic overstayer...on a sex tourist visa.