Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Apple's iPhone 5 : Official thread

Hellbender

I guess that means new cables, new docking station and new everything else that goes with it. A good way to make some extra dollars!

LOL, Apple don't make products for smart guys so we are not allowed in Apple store! Good luck to those who still thinks iPhone is superior.

My next buy

Phone: Nokia lumia 920

Tablet : Microsoft surface RT/Pro (currently having Tegra 2 & 3 device)

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hellbender

• DaffyDuck

• Scumbag

• neo1011

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who plan on buying the iPhone 5 and use it in Thailand; you won't be able to do so for a while. Or at least you won't be able to use local sim cards as it will be smaller, thinner nano sim card. You won't be able to just cut the existing micro sim card like you used to be able to when iPhone 4 first came out. You'll also have to sand down the cut sim card by about .1 millimeter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hyperbole would be a better description! I am sure all the sheep will be queuing for days just to buy the over-priced gadget....yawn!!

I see you're the Mod, but you're also the first troll in the thread. Ironic, eh?

The only real differences in those details are bigger screen, new processor and more memory (but not confirmed). Doesn't seem like anything to get excited about.

Plus:

Twice the processor speed

Up to twice the graphics speed

Brighter, higher dynamic-range screen with smoother display charactistics (integrated touch panel) and faster response time

Lower power consumption

LTE networking

20% thinner

More sturdy block-aluminium frame

Dynamic dual-channel antennae

802.11n 5Ghz WiFi

Yeah, not much of a difference…

Thanks for hijacking the thread like a real douchebag. Seems the rule about not attacking other members here doesn't count if we're talking about an Apple user.

Edited by Woofiee

To be fair the changes/upgrades are less than expected. It just a bit of an evolution really but nothing here to get excited about. Screen being bigger is a bit so what. resolution same, camera same, battery life same, walled garden shitty bluetooth same, Apple are kings of marketing and have some great products and some of them have been revolutionary. This isn't one of them.

To be fair the changes/upgrades are less than expected. It just a bit of an evolution really but nothing here to get excited about. Screen being bigger is a bit so what. resolution same, camera same, battery life same, walled garden shitty bluetooth same, Apple are kings of marketing and have some great products and some of them have been revolutionary. This isn't one of them.

One person's negatives are another person's positives: I'll say it. I want the walled garden. I want someone watching my back on these apps, especially when they have access to my address books, credit card data, etc.

I also usually prefer the off-model, the GS or the S model, not the new one. It's the refined experience - it should be streamlined, simple, clean and direct. No fiddling or experiments that only-kinda work. I rank reliability the highest, and build quality after right next to it...then again, the phone is for me, not for showing off to the girls. The bluetooth works fine for me for my wireless keyboard and speakers, so I don' t know what you're talking about. I paired the boxes 2 months ago and the keyboard back in May - never had a problem.

Edited by Woofiee

• 2 weeks later...

Riot breaks out at Foxconn's plant, guards beating up workers

foxconn-taiyuan-riot.jpg

I don't care, I want an iPhone 5

There I've said it. I hate Apple and I want an iPhone 5 AND an iPad!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Seems like you either love or love to hate the iPhone.

I've had 2 iPhones including the current one I'm typing on right now (4s).

I have customized the apps and the phone the way I want it so will be sticking with the iPhone in the future.

It has not let me down yet.

I won't be rushing out to get the new one but that is because in Australia it will cost me over $1000 to upgrade.

There is no point as the 4s works just fine for me right now.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

For those who plan on buying the iPhone 5 and use it in Thailand; you won't be able to do so for a while. Or at least you won't be able to use local sim cards as it will be smaller, thinner nano sim card. You won't be able to just cut the existing micro sim card like you used to be able to when iPhone 4 first came out. You'll also have to sand down the cut sim card by about .1 millimeter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AIS and Dtac offer a Nano Sim now.

Tim

Yes the iPhone is the Marmite of the telephony industry, you either love them or hate them.

Trying to support users to our company mail who use an iPhone have made me a member of the latter group. Blackberrys are a pain in the arse & I could never understand why anyone would want one. Supporting android devices is much easier for me & ultimately our users. The Galaxy SIII is a superb gadget which I would certainly choose before an iPhone but is still not my first choice. That still goes to the HTC One X.

Saying all that, I have never seen or used the iPhone 5 yet, but am always open to innovation and progress.

All the Thai girls will be racking their brains thinking of a plausible excuse to extract extra baht from their sponsors to get this latest fashion accessory.

"racking their barains ".. hardly !.. with holding coitus will do it 555555

Samsung s4 out in feb,so i will wait till then.

I have had all the iPhones but this one doesn't excite me much......The maps problem bothers me. I live in China and I put IOS 6 on my iPad.....it totally fucking blows...Apple is getting arrogant and lazy IMO....I travel all over SEA and fucked up maps is a show stopper

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">China! Because they are kicking our asses anyway so might as well enjoy the pussy!</strong></span><br />

<br />

<span style="font-size:14px;">My life in China and SEA<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2013<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2012<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/</a></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>I LOVE VORTEX :Grin3:</strong></span><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> 

"racking their barains ".. hardly !.. with holding coitus will do it 555555

I bet they would be dying to get there hands on your 4s being gold plated :GoldenSmile1:

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I bet they would be dying to get there hands on your 4s being gold plated :GoldenSmile1:

They can have it as soon as Harrods start doing a gold iphone 5 !!!

No I'm joking..I'm moving to Patts soon .. must learn to stop the flash shit !!!.. it'll end in tears ( probably mine)

They can have it as soon as Harrods start doing a gold iphone 5 !!!

No I'm joking..I'm moving to Patts soon .. must learn to stop the flash shit !!!.. it'll end in tears ( probably mine)

i'll be there for a month start of december...been a long wait since march.. hoping that girl is still in champagne..lol

i'll be there for a month start of december...been a long wait since march.. hoping that girl is still in champagne..lol

December... I'm moving over there in November(if house sale goes through ok)... I'll have my name tattooed on her arse by then !!!

December... I'm moving over there in November(if house sale goes through ok)... I'll have my name tattooed on her arse by then !!!

Thats cool i'll remember to pack some tipex..lol

Apple apologies actually aren't that infrequent, and that's okay

By Darren Murph writer_rss.gif posted Sep 28th 2012 11:28AM

apple-ceo-tim-cook-2012.jpg

Today, Tim Cook made his first major apology as the CEO of Apple. It probably won't be his last. Despite the obvious knee-jerk reaction regarding the Maps debacle, it's actually interesting that this particular scenario is yet another example of humans having extraordinarily short-term memories. It's the same reason that whatever game we most recently saw is the "best or worst ever." (Packers v. Seahawks 09.24.2012, I'm looking at you.) In truth, Apple has a fairly solid history of ingesting pride in the iPhone era, when it surged headfirst into the realm of serving consumers in a way that it never had before. And moreover, hearing Cook apologize isn't something that should be mocked or berated; one can only hope that more companies of all shapes and sizes develop a policy of listening and reacting. Allow me to explain.

You don't have to look too far back to remember the iPhone 4 -- specifically, the iPhone 4 "antennagate" issue. In that instance, Apple even went so far to hold a press conference to address the problem, and subsequently chewed through some $100 million in the Bumper resolution program. When the iPhone 4S launched, early adopters may remember the near-universal failure of the internet when it came time to place a pre-order. Like clockwork, Apple publicly stated the following:

"Yesterday Apple and its carrier partners took pre-orders for more than 600,000 of Apple's new iPhone 4. It was the largest number of pre-orders Apple has ever taken in a single day and was far higher than we anticipated, resulting in many order and approval system malfunctions. Many customers were turned away or abandoned the process in frustration. We apologize to everyone who encountered difficulties, and hope that they will try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock."

Sliding back a bit further in time, Apple also seemed fairly disappointed in itself when trying to ship out its flagship 27-inch Core i7 iMac in late 2009. In that instance, the following apology was issued:

"The new iMac has been a huge hit and we are working hard to fulfill orders as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause our customers."

While we're reliving the noughties, it's worth recalling that bungled .Mac to MobileMe transition, where Apple's MobileMe team publicly admitted that the switch was "a lot rockier than they had hoped," while "apologizing to [its] loyal customers and expressing [its] appreciation for their patience with a 30-day extension to MobileMe accounts free of charge."

If you're willing to look all the way back to the launch of the original iPhone, there's this -- an apologystraight from Steve Jobs himself, as well as a $100 credit due to its sudden price drop that caught many by surprise:

"We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple."

And if you're really convinced that -- at the very least -- this is the first time that Apple has admitted a wrong in the year 2012, allow me to bring you way back to the month of July. On the 13th day of that very month, Senior VP Bob Mansfield said the following about Apple's abrupt removal of its productsfrom the EPEAT rating system:

"We've recently heard from many loyal Apple customers who were disappointed to learn that we had removed our products from the EPEAT rating system. I recognize that this was a mistake. Starting today, all eligible Apple products are back on EPEAT."

The point here isn't to apologize for Apple; I can say firsthand that the Maps in iOS 6 are inferior to the ones we're leaving behind, and need a lot of work in the near future. It's to prove that Apple actually has something of a track record for saying that it's sorry, and in the case of Maps, going so far as torecommend its chief rivals (Google and Nokia) by name as stop-gap alternatives. But beyond all that --well beyond Apple -- is the greater point. It actually links directly back to a piece I wrote earlier in the week regarding the slow and spectacular death of customer service.

We live in a world where it's now a surprise to hear of a company listening to its users, issuing an apology and vowing to make it better. There is something fundamentally wrong with that premise. Indeed, those very acts should be celebrated by all in the industry, even those who wish ill on Apple. What's the alternative? Wishing that monoliths like Apple would just bury their heads in the sand while doing nothing to improve the state of their products? If anything, I can only hope that the Maps apology ignites an industry-wide trend where even moreapologies are issued -- heaven knows I see enough kit roll through our offices that could use one. As consumers, it's on us to remember these apologies and hold people like Tim Cook to his promise of making things better. And eventually, to vote with our wallets if said promises aren't kept.

iOS6 maps app is totally lame! In Thailand you zoom out and it's in English. You zoom in and the streets are in Thai when your settings say 'always English'. So now what... 1) I have to spend $50 USD on TomTom? 2) If my phone is lost or stolen, I need to either be able to read Thai or have a Thai person help me locate the phone? I hope they roll out a fix for this and I am assuming it's happening in other countries as well.