IGNORED

7 to 10 day extension on 30 day visa on arrival

voodoo31

I'm an Australian citizen and just arrived in Thailand. I was granted the 30 day visa on arrival with date to leave Thailand of Oct 4th.

I read on the internet that you can get an extension of between 7 and 10 days on this if you visit the Thai immigration office during your 30 day stay.

Has anybody done this and is it quite straight forward (or up to the discretion of the immigrattion agent) and how long in advance do you need to go and apply (e.g. can I go now having only just arrived yesterday or do I have to wait till closer toOct 4th)?

I would like to get an extension and if I can do it as soon as possible would be best so I can plan my accommodation and flights well in advance. Appreciate any advice

voodoo

I believe the MAX is for five days only-unless you do a visa run which will give you up to 30 days again.

Edited by petermik

I believe the MAX is for five days only-unless you do a visa run which will give you up to 30 days again.
If you do a visa run by land, it's only a 15 day transit visa, 30 if you arrive again by air.

I would love to know the answer to the OP's question definitively as we will be in a similar situation come 7 Nov

I believe you can get up to 7 extra days with proof of your airline ticket out of Thailand and 1900 baht. You can go anytime you don't have to wait till your current permission to stay is up.

Edited by Ohyesuare

I believe you can get up to 7 extra days with proof of your airline ticket out of Thailand and 1900 baht. You can go anytime you don't have to wait till your current permission to stay is up.

:ThumbUp6:

Thanks for the replies guys

Ohyesuare

Are your sure about this part?

"I believe you can get up to 7 extra days with proof of your airline ticket out of Thailand and 1900 baht."

I would be hesitant to buy the ticket out of Thailand before actually getting the visa extension. Just in case it got knocked back I'd risk forfeiting an airline ticket.

Bring a passport size photo with you.

Thanks for the replies guys

Ohyesuare

Are your sure about this part?

"I believe you can get up to 7 extra days with proof of your airline ticket out of Thailand and 1900 baht."

I would be hesitant to buy the ticket out of Thailand before actually getting the visa extension. Just in case it got knocked back I'd risk forfeiting an airline ticket.

It is an extension meant for emergencies not just something they give for everyone like the 30 day extensions on tourist visa's, so yes I am pretty sure they would ask to see your plane ticket out of Thailand. You have another option of doing a border run to Cambodia for around 1800 with cambodia inter and getting 15 days, I am surprised your airline even let you board without a return flight within the 30 days and no visa.

I am surprised your airline even let you board without a return flight within the 30 days and no visa.

Many don't check. I have travelled to Thailand many times on the return leg of my bookings and have been asked about a visa once in perhaps 25 fights.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

i hardly evre have a return ticket when I arrive in Thailand, no one ever asks or checks.

Im my case there is no emergency reason for asking for the extension, I just want to stay a bit longer than 30 days in LOS.

Hi

Applying for an extension of a Thai tourist visa

You don't have to wait until the day your visa expires.

Extension of stay.

If the applicant wants to continue touring the country, an extension may be granted for not more than 07 days.

Fee 1,900 baht.

Where:

Office of Immigration Bureau

Located on Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road

Keep going for about 400 m. Pattaya Immigration Office is on your right-hand side.

Office hours:

Monday: Friday 0830 AM – 0430 PM

Saturday: 0830 AM – 1200 PM

Requirements:

1. Application Form T.M. 7. (Extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).

2. A copy of passport. (ID page and Visa Stamp page)

3. One passport-size photo.

4. Fee: 1,900 baht. :GoldenSmile1:

TM7.pdf

post-6000-095215300%201283857250.jpg

benny31 thanks for the great info. Just to confirm does this extension info apply to the 30 day visa on arrival as well? Do you have provide a good/valid reason to apply?

benny31 thanks for the great info. Just to confirm does this extension info apply to the 30 day visa on arrival as well? Do you have provide a good/valid reason to apply?

According to Benny's source (and it is on a few different websites) wanting to 'continue touring the country' is enough of a reason... :GoldenSmile1:

The information that he posted was of a 30 day non-visa entry. An extension on a tourist visa can be up to 30 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just thought I'd follow up to say that I did get my 30 day visa on arrival extended by 7 days today.

As mentioned above you need 1 passport photo, your passport with copies of the main page and page with arrival visa stamp and a copy of the white departure document they staple into your passport. You can get the photocopying done at a shop next to the immigration office.

Cost was 1900 baht, they asked about my departure flight and I just said I had a flexible ticket that I could change dates on so no need to show proof of a departing flight ot ticket.

All up it took about 15 minutes so fairly smooth and easy. Thanks for all the advice from posters, shows how valuable the information on this forum is.

Anyone know the cost for an actual 60 day tourist visa if you get it in Phnom Penh on an Aussie passport?

And the procedural fuck around? Vs the 7day extension to the 30day transit visa.

We will be there for about 35 days or so.