IGNORED

You ever get sick at a resteraunt?

Legal Eagle

Don't let the business owners fool you. There ARE laws in place that can be used if you feel that you have gotten food poisoning from a registered resteraunt. You can seek damages, and bring charges against the establishment.

Unless you people start holding these places responsible, the health standards are just going to get worse and worse. It's up to YOU to help make Thailand a better place!!!!!

Your joking right ? :Dunno1:

Thailand is great because there are not a bunch of stupid laws in Los ( or at least they are not regularly enforced ) and because Everyone is not suing eachother for every stupid thing .

Your joking right ? :unsure:

Thailand is great because there are not a bunch of stupid laws in Los ( or at least they are not regularly enforced ) and because Everyone is not suing eachother for every stupid thing .

I agree. In my opinion unless there is really serious or permenant damage just don't give that place your business anymore. And of course spread the word around. I'm sure alot of people know about this, but it has gotten so stupid in the U.S. with legal action, that there was a woman who sued Mcdonalds for getting fat and won. Or a guy that sued because he burned his mouth on a cup of coffee. Now granted that is a little bit of a different situation, but it just goes to show that's what happens when people get too caught up with laws.

Just my two cents worth. :Buddy1:

Without these types of laws, these resteraunts and bars will never be forced to follow the health codes. They will target the "newbies" and not care about return business.

Did you know that you can die from the bacteria that grows in the draught beer tap if they are not cleaned with the proper chemicals on a regular basis?

How would you like to come down with a case of Salmonella during you dream holiday that you saved for 5 years for?

Without these types of laws, these resteraunts and bars will never be forced to follow the health codes. They will target the "newbies" and not care about return business.

Did you know that you can die from the bacteria that grows in the draught beer tap if they are not cleaned with the proper chemicals on a regular basis?

How would you like to come down with a case of Salmonella during you dream holiday that you saved for 5 years for?

is this a case of americanization?

suing for this, claiming for that? everyone gets the shits at some stage, no matter where you are in the world.i take imodium extra as i board the plane & continue to take it throughout the days while i am abroad.

as for the restaurants, none would be in business if they did'nt provide a good service. & who guides the newbies? word of mouth from tg's mongers & bar owners, not forgetting boards like this one!

is this a case of americanization?

suing for this, claiming for that? everyone gets the shits at some stage, no matter where you are in the world.i take imodium extra as i board the plane & continue to take it throughout the days while i am abroad.

as for the restaurants, none would be in business if they did'nt provide a good service. & who guides the newbies? word of mouth from tg's mongers & bar owners, not forgetting boards like this one!

How would you feel if one of you loved ones life was cut short because one of these resteraunts or bars didn't follow health regulations? Would your thoughts be, "Oh well, even though one of my family is dead, I will just make sure to post on the internet that this resteraunt is not good." I seriously doubt that would be your train of thought. Just wait until it happens to you or someone you know. Then you will change your mind.

Maybe we should all live in Bubbles ? :Buddy1:

Maybe we should all live in Bubbles ? :Buddy1:

Nah, then I would have to work harder to make my money. It's much more easy manipulating the Law the way things are now. I am beginning to see a vast potential here for a personal injury type practice.

Nah, then I would have to work harder to make my money. It's much more easy manipulating the Law the way things are now. I am beginning to see a vast potential here for a personal injury type practice.

Troll?

i like thailand because its a "carefree" country.. normal people would never mean to do anybody harm.. in food or in any other matter... so why worry about it..

i think if you live there long enough then you would realize this.. thai people is very down to earth.. simple life people.....

sueing??.. never heard of a thai sueing a thai before... 555555

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

That's just what we need...American lawyers in Pattaya. No thank you. :Buddy1:

There ARE laws here but the burden opf prrof on this kind of situation would be almost impossible.

I have only been VERY ill ONE time here and that was after a 12,000 baht birthday dinner at Mantra.

Could I prove it was their "oyster" - highly unlike;y seeing as we had eaten at two other establishments earlier that day.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

There ARE laws here but the burden opf prrof on this kind of situation would be almost impossible.

I have only been VERY ill ONE time here and that was after a 12,000 baht birthday dinner at Mantra.

Could I prove it was their "oyster" - highly unlike;y seeing as we had eaten at two other establishments earlier that day.

I agree it`s nearly impossible to proove that you get sick over their food.

I`ve never been sick after eating Thai food, I like it a lot and I eat it as much as I can.

Don't listen to any "legal beagle" that cannot even do his homework and research on how to spell the subject of which he speaks!

Live NoisBar WebCam...Click the pic

1anois.jpg

Don't listen to any "legal beagle" that cannot even do his homework and research on how to spell the subject of which he speaks!

Salmonella is a genus of rod-shaped Gram-negative enterobacteria that causes typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, and foodborne illness.[1] Salmonella species are motile and produce hydrogen sulfide.[2]

Salmonella is a Gram-negative bacterium. In a clinical laboratory, it is usually isolated on MacConkey agar, XLD agar, XLT agar, DCA agar, or Önöz agar. Because they cause intestinal infections and are greatly outnumbered by the bacteria normally found in the healthy bowel, primary isolation requires the use of a selective medium, so use of a relatively non-selective medium such as CLED agar is not often practiced. Numbers of salmonella may be so low in clinical samples that stools are routinely also subjected to "enrichment culture", where a small volume of stool is incubated in a selective broth medium, such as selenite broth or Rappaport Vassiliadis soya peptone broth, overnight. These media are inhibitory to the growth of the microbes normally found in the healthy human bowel, while allowing salmonellae to become enriched in numbers. Salmonellae may then be recovered by inoculating the enrichment broth on one or more of the primary selective media. On blood agar, they form moist colonies about 2 to 3 mm in diameter. When the cells are grown for a prolonged time at a range of 25—28°C, some strains produce a biofilm, which is a complex matrix of complex carbohydrates, cellulose and proteins. The ability to produce biofilm (a.k.a. "rugose", "lacy", or "wrinkled") can be an indicator of dimorphism, which is the ability of a single genome to produce multiple phenotypes in response to environmental conditions. Salmonellae usually do not ferment lactose; most of them produce hydrogen sulfide which, in media containing ferric ammonium citrate, reacts to form a black spot in the centre of the creamy colonies.

Salmonella was named after Daniel Elmer Salmon, an American veterinary pathologist, although it was his partner and contemporary Theobald Smith (better known for his work on anaphylaxis) who first discovered the bacterium in 1885 from pigs.[3][4

Cut and Paste In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste offer user-interface paradigms for transferring text, data, files or objects from a source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users require the ability to cut and paste sections of plain text. This paradigm has close associations with graphical user interfaces that use pointing devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and drop, for example).

Copy and Paste Copy-and-paste refers to the popular, simple method of reproducing text or other data from a source to a destination. It differs from cut and paste in that the original source text or data does not get deleted or removed.

Copying often takes place in graphical user interface systems through use of the key-combinations Ctrl+C (used for killing the running process in UNIX terminals) or Ctrl+Insert (more widely supported[citation needed]); or by using some other method, such as a context menu or a toolbar button. Once one has copied data into the area of memory referred to as the clipboard, one may paste the contents of the clipboard into a destination using the key combinations Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert, or other methods dependent on the system. Macintosh computers use the key combinations ⌘C and ⌘V. The X Window System maintains an additional clipboard containing any currently-selected text; middle-clicking pastes the content of this "selection" clipboard.

The popularity of this method stems from its simplicity and the ease with which users can move data between various applications visually — without resorting to permanent storage

Salmonella is a genus of rod-shaped Gram-negative enterobacteria that causes typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, and foodborne illness.[1] Salmonella species are motile and produce hydrogen sulfide.[2]

Salmonella is a Gram-negative bacterium. In a clinical laboratory, it is usually isolated on MacConkey agar, XLD agar, XLT agar, DCA agar, or Önöz agar. Because they cause intestinal infections and are greatly outnumbered by the bacteria normally found in the healthy bowel, primary isolation requires the use of a selective medium, so use of a relatively non-selective medium such as CLED agar is not often practiced. Numbers of salmonella may be so low in clinical samples that stools are routinely also subjected to "enrichment culture", where a small volume of stool is incubated in a selective broth medium, such as selenite broth or Rappaport Vassiliadis soya peptone broth, overnight. These media are inhibitory to the growth of the microbes normally found in the healthy human bowel, while allowing salmonellae to become enriched in numbers. Salmonellae may then be recovered by inoculating the enrichment broth on one or more of the primary selective media. On blood agar, they form moist colonies about 2 to 3 mm in diameter. When the cells are grown for a prolonged time at a range of 25—28°C, some strains produce a biofilm, which is a complex matrix of complex carbohydrates, cellulose and proteins. The ability to produce biofilm (a.k.a. "rugose", "lacy", or "wrinkled") can be an indicator of dimorphism, which is the ability of a single genome to produce multiple phenotypes in response to environmental conditions. Salmonellae usually do not ferment lactose; most of them produce hydrogen sulfide which, in media containing ferric ammonium citrate, reacts to form a black spot in the centre of the creamy colonies.

Salmonella was named after Daniel Elmer Salmon, an American veterinary pathologist, although it was his partner and contemporary Theobald Smith (better known for his work on anaphylaxis) who first discovered the bacterium in 1885 from pigs.[3][4

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...How anyone could ever take you seriously from this point on is beyond me! :OMFG:

RESTAURANT!

1anois.jpg

Some posts have been set to invisible. You won't get a pm from me saying why. This is the public forum. Confine your comments to the topic at hand.

If bar owners and RESTAURANT owners are following the Health Codes, there should be nothing for them to be worried about. Makes you go "hmmmmm" about certain places.

If bar owners and RESTAURANT owners are following the Health Codes, there should be nothing for them to be worried about. Makes you go "hmmmmm" about certain places.

That's correct and I don't see anyone the slightest bit concerned with your 'information'.

1anois.jpg

if thailand follow there laws then most of us wouldnt want to go to thialand now would we..

PROSTITUTION is illegal in thailand..( sorry to say )...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

A question about this directed at the business owners.

If someone became ill and died from something that they possibly consumed at your establishment, what would your thoughts be?

Taking into consideration that most people eat three meals a day, that would give you roughly a 33% chance to be at fault. Also, a 66% chance to not be at fault.

Would you feel badly? Would you take precautions to make sure it didn't come from your business? Would you just wash your hands of it and say, "not my problem"?

Considering that this is NOT a Flaming forum,and our policy is "Nice to be Nice"

Can we all have that thought in our minds plz.

Regards:Matrix

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

The public forum has the strictest policies concerning flames. That's because ANYONE can read it.

Not only is flaming not going to be tolerated but getting off topic isn't going to be tolerated either.

Legal Eagle. You could have phrased your question a little more generically.

For instance.

Is getting food poisioning common in LOS?

Instead you go off on a fishing trip about the laws here of which you know nothing. If you would like to be accepted here you should adopt a slightly less confrontational tone JMHO.

Archived