Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jolly Friar waitress misunderstanding

meatpuppet2

So we can agree to that and move on them...mkay. All I am asking is if this is a common scam or a common misunderstanding or neither....or both or ?

It is quite common for people in many countries to not be 100% conversant in foreign languages yes.

I see you earlier suggested he is hiring incompetent staff. Staff with perfect English are not so easy to come across unless you can pay high salaries and all businesses have to keep costs in check.

I think it is clear it is JUST a misunderstanding. What I really fail to "get" is why you didnt tell her you hadn't ordered the bread when it arrived in the first place? Surely a simple action like that would have avoided both the sad incident and an even sadder thread.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jolly Friar is owned by a guy who owns many successful businesses in Pattaya and indeed all over the world. Whilst I am sure he would be the first to agree that he cant get it right all the time I think your assumption about him is well off the mark.

I doub't he, or any others, will be unduly upset by your silly little threat to "tell my mates". Jeez talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Could have fooled me by the comments from the peanut gallery. Whatever, it's done deal. Already told a group of guys at our weekly get together the other day. Turns out most of them already knew about the poor service and stories of strange incidents like this but mostly they just aren't impressed with the food there. So you are correct, I can't have much effect when the poor service and mediocre food speaks for itself.

Could have fooled me by the comments from the peanut gallery. Whatever, it's done deal. Already told a group of guys at our weekly get together the other day. Turns out most of them already knew about the poor service and stories of strange incidents like this but mostly they just aren't impressed with the food there. So you are correct, I can't have much effect when the poor service and mediocre food speaks for itself.

Every individual can make their own mind up where they choose to eat yes.

However to demonise a business, and its owner, for what was clearly a language issue is the reason you are getting so much flack here. Although you are getting some stick YOU are the only one here being abusive over what is a very very minor issue.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thanks for the great advice. Based on your opinion and those of the other commonwealth critters here I've concluded that it's just another badly managed Brit owned restaurant that is going downhill and will spread the word that this place should be avoid. I don't think there was anything intentional going on but the poor service which is also discussed by other people in the other thread is reason enough to avoid this place.

I was actually trying to be nice when I said I liked the fish and chips. I have no such desire to do that any more. I found the fish to be somewhat greasy and mushy so will consider some other place such as the pig and whistle. Once again, the owner has all of you to thank for that.

I'll bet if the price of beer went up by 5baht at your favorite watering holes you guys would all be screaming bloody murder and calling it a rip off.

Anyways thanks for all the great advice. You have all motivated me to tell all my expat friends to avoid this place whereas before I was just asking a question out of curiosity and was willing to let it slide. So the owner of this place should give each and everyone of you thanks for the help.

Quite right too, I love your reviews, can you do some more, try "Hire a Jet Ski" and "Condition of Soi 6 Toilets"

I think this has all got a bit out of hand. I think the OP was just asking if anybody thought this was a scam to start with.

And now you guys have got him all wound up.

Let's all just calm down and take a deep breath.

Ok, I don't think it was a scam, I think it was a misunderstanding.

If it was a scam I could understand being annoyed regardless of the amount. Nobody likes to be scammed, big or small time.

I'm not trying to defend the OP or his mate, just answering his initial question.

Archived