IGNORED

Countdown timer

mtate318

I am having a hard time getting code for a countdown timer to display right. I am pasting it into the signature screen. I must be missing something. Anyone with success who can help? A simple step by step would be great.

Thanks.

Back in town the evening of 19 November.

Here's a copy/paste of the process I wrote out for another BM having the same problems:

I added a clock to my sig' today (again) and use Chrome, so maybe if I write out the steps I took it will help?

1. I clicked on an existing Countdown Clock (use mine if you like) to get to the appropriate page. Set the date/time details, click the 'get code' button, put your cursor into the code and right click to 'select all', right click again to 'copy'.

2. Return to PA and click your Board name (top right of page) to open the options menu.

3. Click on 'My Settings'.

4. In the menu (left side of the page), click on 'Signature'.

5. Click your cursor into the editing box (just like making a post), right click, and 'paste' your code.

6. Hit the "Save Changes' button. Wait for PA to reload the page, you should now see your new countdown timer.

Hope that works for you.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

It works from a local file into a browser. It does not work here. Weird.

No success. Tried your thread.

Ok, the thread I posted my original reply in can be found here .

There are a few other suggestions on how to fix the problem contained there. Other than that, search for "countdown" and you'll find a whole heap of threads about the subject. Most BM's are using Google Chrome as their browser BTW.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a copy/paste of the process I wrote out for another BM having the same problems:

I added a clock to my sig' today (again) and use Chrome, so maybe if I write out the steps I took it will help?

1. I clicked on an existing Countdown Clock (use mine if you like) to get to the appropriate page. Set the date/time details, click the 'get code' button, put your cursor into the code and right click to 'select all', right click again to 'copy'.

2. Return to PA and click your Board name (top right of page) to open the options menu.

3. Click on 'My Settings'.

4. In the menu (left side of the page), click on 'Signature'.

5. Click your cursor into the editing box (just like making a post), right click, and 'paste' your code.

6. Hit the "Save Changes' button. Wait for PA to reload the page, you should now see your new countdown timer.

Hope that works for you.

Cheers

Perthie

This worked perfectly for me, Thanks

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

• 1 month later...

Can't make it work either.

Guess it has something to do with the fact that only advanced members are allow to ad html code to there signature.

I can only see advanced members with a working countdown clock. Did try to ad the same type of clock some pa members use but can't get it to work either. Instate of showing the clock it just shows the code so i guess you have to have advanced status to get it working.

Soi 6 professional butterfly

Can't make it work either.

Guess it has something to do with the fact that only advanced members are allow to ad html code to there signature.

I can only see advanced members with a working countdown clock. Did try to ad the same type of clock some pa members use but can't get it to work either. Instate of showing the clock it just shows the code so i guess you have to have advanced status to get it working.

It is possible that this is due to the type of the browser on the computer. I have internet explorer and has never made me a hour to get to the desktop. Always appeared to me only the code is copied to the signature, but not the countdown clock.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 2 weeks later...

Still thinking it has something to do with the member status too, I tried it last week to put a countdown clock on my signature but it didn’t work (was not advanced member yet).

Tried it again this week after getting advanced member with the same code from :

http://www.usflashmap.com/component/countdown_timer.htm

This code is an example, use the code after setup on the website above.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=1&

&time_template=2:ss;1:mm;0:hh&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xFFFFFF&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=Local time&

&event_time=year:2012;month:10;day:28;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=time to event&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

Paste the code at the end of my signature (make sure not to put txt after the code) and it works.

So the only difference between the 2 try’s was the not advanced and the advanced status at PA board.

I think it has something to do with the fact that only the advanced status allowed you to use html code in your signature.

Ps Put my countdown clock on my signature using Mozilla Firefox.

Quite Guy,

Put a countdown clock on your private computer screen . First thing i do when seeing an annoying countdown clock

is blocking the signature .

Well countdown-clocks don't have to be big and flashy. And some people do like to see how long others still have before there next trip.

If the OP ask for some advice how to install them i think it's nice to try to help him instead of posting your dislike for clock in signatures.

And if you really have problems with clocks in signatures well i guess thats why there is a button to block them :Think1:

Well countdown-clocks don't have to be big and flashy. And some people do like to see how long others still have before there next trip.

Couldn't be arsed to see when people i don't know come back to pattaya and i wouldn't be surprised that's how most

people on the board think .

Friends give a mail when they come back , thats enough IMO . Why bother other people with an annoying countdown

clock .

If the OP ask for some advice how to install them i think it's nice to try to help him instead of posting your dislike for clock in signatures.

So why don't you help him out instead of telling me about you don't like me disliking clocks in signatures ?

And if you really have problems with clocks in signatures well i guess thats why there is a button to block them :Think1:

Exactly , thanks what i said smartass .

I myself found that I could only use the FIREFOX webbrowser to create a signature, something to do with Internet explorer

So Try a differenet webbrowser if you have not.

• 10 months later...

I am having a hard time getting code for a countdown timer to display right. I am pasting it into the signature screen. I must be missing something. Anyone with success who can help? A simple step by step would be great.

Thanks.

Testing 1.2.3..

• 1 month later...

OK,,,  its official I am definitely suffering from some form of technical learing disability.  

I have tried 5 times to get this countdown clock to work  all  I get is code.

Oh well 

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK,I finally got my countdown clock saved onto my favorites on my PC but I can't get it onto PA.Any help would be appreciated.

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Archived