Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Duvel in pattaya?

Hi Guys,

I like drinking good beer (who does not?) and I had some success on thai girls in the past when I ordered Belgian beer for them. In Pattaya I know a place where you can drink Hoegaarden, but do not know any place Where you can find Duvel (my most favourite beer).Does anyone know a place where Duvel can be found in Pattaya?

thks for help in advance

ark

Hi J-Rider,

thks for the link. that is the place I will go for sure next time. Maybe see u there too, who knows :)

There's are restaurant next door to the Big Horn Steak House just off Soi Diana. Little street there with many restaurants not sure of the name but I know its owned by a Belgian guy I was eating there last year & I know for defo that they sell Duvel seen it on there menu. Great stuff blows the head off you I would'nt say its cheap cause its imported but its nice to have a change from the Thai local beers the restaurant is right behind Papagayo club on Soi Diana hope this helps you mate.

It's actually quite depressing to lovers of good beer just how many people

couldn't give a stuff what they drink as long as it's freezing cold,fizzy and

well known....ie Carlsberg,Heineken,San Miguel Light,Tiger etc.

Anyhow,another place to go is Patrick's Belgian Restaurant,which is in the

arcade next to 'Kiss' on 2nd road,by soi Diana and on the way to LK Metro.

Although I'm a lover of Belgian beers I tend not to buy them in Asia anymore

as I've had too many that were in poor condition.Even if the bar stores them

correctly and uses the proper glasses,who knows how long they may have

sat in the blazing sun on a container ship or dockside ? If the big brands do

have one thing going for them it's consistency.They're bland and uninteresting

but at least they are rarely 'off'.

It's worth popping into the Villa supermarket too,on 2nd road opposite soi 13

as they have a number of foreign beers.It's another option if you have a hotel

pool to sit beside,or a nice balcony.

The 24 h supermarket in front Viewtalay 1(where Pattaya airport bus is stationed ) have them sometimes in Stock !

several Belgium bars have them (expensive) but taste is not like home , Duvel need to be transported and stocked properly as it is a living beer (ferment in bottle still ) i never tasted them good in Patts , i think the ship transport "shake" them too much !

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Duvel is also my favourite beer, drinking it in a irish pub just of nana plaza, bangkok. Cost 300baht per bottle but so worth it. cant help with pattay though. sorry

Duvel is also my favourite beer, drinking it in a irish pub just of nana plaza, bangkok. Cost 300baht per bottle but so worth it. cant help with pattay though. sorry

300 BHT per bottle ?! The contents of the bottle five liters? :GoldenSmile1: This is scary price per bottle of beer !

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

300 BHT per bottle ?! The contents of the bottle five liters? :GoldenSmile1: This is scary price per bottle of beer !

Yes, farang business owners are very money hungry in Patts , same all over town different businesses ...., i stick to the locals mostly, bars , resto's or others same habit :hello09:

Yes, farang business owners are very money hungry in Patts , same all over town different businesses ...., i stick to the locals mostly, bars , resto's or others same habit :hello09:

O.K. I understand farang hungry for money, but greedy it is too much! :SoWhat1::hello09:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

It's worth noting that at 8.5% it is about twice as strong as the average beer available

...........and many times better !

It's worth noting that at 8.5% it is about twice as strong as the average beer available

check a bottle of chang's % , coming close to it at 50/60 or 70 bht :GoldenSmile1:

• 3 weeks later...

DUVEL also available at the Belgian's restaurants Klein Vlaandern (opposite Soi 7 on 2nd Road) or at Enjoy Andre (Soi 6 off Theppraya; 190 Baht per bottle here).

Both worth a visit for a nice, inexpensive steak dinner

p1110118.jpg

BBQ skewer 260 Baht at Klein Vlaandern

p1110120.jpg

200 gram beef fillet, 265, same place

p1100484.jpg

300 gram beef fillet, 340 baht, at Enjoy Andre

DUVEL also available at the Belgian's restaurants Klein Vlaandern (opposite Soi 7 on 2nd Road) or at Enjoy Andre (Soi 6 off Theppraya; 190 Baht per bottle here).

Both worth a visit for a nice, inexpensive steak dinner

p1110118.jpg

BBQ skewer 260 Baht at Klein Vlaandern

p1110120.jpg

200 gram beef fillet, 265, same place

p1100484.jpg

300 gram beef fillet, 340 baht, at Enjoy Andre

thks for the info Gourmet!!

ı will definitely give a try to enjoy Andre, steaks look good and Duvel is affordable.

• 1 year later...

O.K. I understand farang hungry for money, but greedy it is too much! :SoWhat1::hello09:

check a bottle of chang's % , coming close to it at 50/60 or 70 bht :GoldenSmile1:

Thailand charges 450 % excise and other taxes and 7 % VAT on Belgian beers.

Not farang business owners are greedy, but the Thai government.

There's are restaurant next door to the Big Horn Steak House just off Soi Diana. Little street there with many restaurants not sure of the name but I know its owned by a Belgian guy I was eating there last year & I know for defo that they sell Duvel seen it on there menu. Great stuff blows the head off you I would'nt say its cheap cause its imported but its nice to have a change from the Thai local beers the restaurant is right behind Papagayo club on Soi Diana hope this helps you mate.

That is Patrick's Belgian restaurant::http://www.patricksrestopattaya.com/

Superb food and many different Belgian beers.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

belgian whites are my favorites too.  dicey's has leffe and hoegarden, nightwish has hoegoarden and big c on pattaya tai has a good selection in bottles (but thenyo don't get the proper glass.  some even better than duvel, just can't remember the names.  award winners.

Thailand charges 450 % excise and other taxes and 7 % VAT on Belgian beers.

Not farang business owners are greedy, but the Thai government.

True.Im norwegian and used to high alcohol prices.A bottled of imported beer cost the same as at home and a bottle of crap wine here cost MORE than at home.

A pity...............I love a good wine and NICE beers.

Duvel is 190 baht at two places I know of in pats. 300 is pushing is pricey.

I think a bottle of hoegaarden is 200 something at the Hilton in pats.

Gulliver's in front of central has litre hoegaarden draft for 300

There a a place on the second floor of the avenue that has hoegaarden draft too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nice selection of Belgian Beers in Friendship just now.

122 baht a bottle seemed reasonable to me.

Friendship Supermarket sells among others Duvel (160 baht) and Tripel Karmeliet (160 baht).

Foodland only sells Stella Artois and Hoegaarden.

Big C Extra (former Carrefour) sells Westmalle Tripel (185 baht), my favourite trappist beer.

Villa Market used to sell Chimay, another trappist beer, but does not sell it any longer.

Worldwide only eight or nine abbeys are allowed to brew original trappist beers, six of them in Belgium.

http://www.trappist.be/en/pages/trappist-beers

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Nice selection of Belgian Beers in Friendship just now.

122 baht a bottle seemed reasonable to me.

Friendship Supermarket sells among others Duvel (160 baht) and Tripel Karmeliet (160 baht).

Foodland only sells Stella Artois and Hoegaarden.

Big C Extra (former Carrefour) sells Westmalle Tripel (185 baht), my favourite trappist beer.

Villa Market used to sell Chimay, another trappist beer, but does not sell it any longer.

Worldwide only eight or nine abbeys are allowed to brew original trappist beers, six of them in Belgium.

http://www.trappist.be/en/pages/trappist-beers

The old Big C (not Extra, not ex-Carrefour) on Sukhumvit Road also sells Westmalle Tripel (185 baht) and Tripel Karmeliet (165 baht) now.

For 122 baht you can’t buy a top Belgian beer in Thailand nowadays.

Yes, Dicey O'Reillys near the Hilton on 2nd road. 300 baht or so. But good selection. I do miss my Oregon, Washington & California micro-brews!

The old Big C (not Extra, not ex-Carrefour) on Sukhumvit Road also sells Westmalle Tripel (185 baht) and Tripel Karmeliet (165 baht) now.

For 122 baht you can’t buy a top Belgian beer in Thailand nowadays.

Framboise / Kreik / Faro .... not decent ?

Archived