IGNORED

Sex toys

Hi,

Will I get into trouble by customs, if I bring a virbrator with me to thialand?

Cheers

Take a little one, as in 4 inch, like my black one. Don't take the 12" huge machines with bells and whistles. take out the batteries, carry them seperate, or buy batts here. Worst that can happen is getting it confiscated....

Hmm I'm just wondering if this is the right section for this type of post.

You do know that customs at the airport and cultural customs are a little different. :)

Oh course I know that you do but I just thought it was a little ironic. 555

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 8 years later...

It's not pretty sure that airport security will allow to bring such things with you. If you want to bring a sex toy or sex doll, then take a permission from airport staff. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is very difficult to bring such things as sex toys, cheap sex dolls with you. Airport security does not allow these types of things with you.  

They never seem to check the bags anyways, always waving everybody to walk past the custom's x-ray machine. But maybe they have already x-rayed the bags before they are put on the conveyor belt, I have no idea.

Besides, I don't think vibrators are on the top of their list of illegal items. But it would be interesting to hear if anybody has had any sex toys (or anything else for that matter) confiscated.

1 hour ago, level13 said:

They never seem to check the bags anyways, always waving everybody to walk past the custom's x-ray machine. But maybe they have already x-rayed the bags before they are put on the conveyor belt, I have no idea.

The airports usually have a middle floor between check in and baggage handlers..... the bags go through huge x-ray machines, then sniffer dogs are down with the baggage Handlers........ but security are more interested in drugs and MONEY...... and they confiscate serious amounts of cash

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bring numerous items each trip and I have never had anything confiscated in Thailand.

Once I had a side trip to Vietnam and I was called to security. During the security check they did not like one item (restraints, lol). 

After a brief discussion, I figured it was not worth arguing about, claimed ignorance, apologized and the I was free to go.

28 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

I bring numerous items each trip and I have never had anything confiscated in Thailand.

Once I had a side trip to Vietnam and I was called to security. During the security check they did not like one item (restraints, lol). 

After a brief discussion, I figured it was not worth arguing about, claimed ignorance, apologized and the I was free to go.

I’ve never had an issue either.  Had a gf once had a vibrator pulled out by a male security staff at ICN; I think he thought he was going to have some fun with her when he asked her what it was.  She held out her hand, said very clearly it was a sex toy and asked him if he’d like her to show him how it works … He shoved it in her bag and waved her through quickly.   I was two people behind her in line and couldn’t help muttering that I had no toys in my bag when he asked for my passport and boarding pass.  She was a gem … miss her these days. 

I don’t get all the moronic comments from posters with zero posts … trolls ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, momo5 said:

I don’t get all the moronic comments from posters with zero posts … trolls ?

Good catch as I did not notice.

Advanced member though, so maybe from Philippines Addict? 

1 hour ago, duke main said:

Where is a good place to buy such things in Pattaya?

Beach Road stalls about 300m before Walking Street

In Bangkok, many stalls in Sukhumvit Road especially between Sois 5 and 13 (north side of Sukh Road).

Or order on AliExpress.com - Online Shopping, allow maybe 4 weeks for delivery.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, jsmithj88 said:

How do you pack a vibrator? Carry on or check in?

I have put them in checked baggage but make sure batteries are removed or if usb charged fully run down.

Tad embarrassing to be stood in arrivals being asked to open your bag and find out what's buzzing ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

29 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

I have put them in checked baggage but make sure batteries are removed or if usb charged fully run down.

Tad embarrassing to be stood in arrivals being asked to open your bag and find out what's buzzing ...

...and potentially dangerous if your vibrator turns itself on in your suitcase in the aircraft hold and overheats.

Once I opened my case on arrival at my hotel in Bangkok and found a lipstick size vibrator was red hot. It cooled down but did not work any more. 

Luckily I did have more in my stock; they are popular giveaways..

Recommend remove batteries for items in your hold baggage.

Mobile phone, camera and computer/pad are safe in your carry-on baggage.

• 2 weeks later...

Brought them in my carry-on. Left them with a girl i know a long time. Also saw a little shop in Soi Diana with a lot of toys for sale.

I buy them from Aliexpress all the time. They tend to be written as "personal massagers" and other similar innocuous things.

One time a package (containing large dildo) was even opened. i went, paid the Bang Lamung PO some customs fee and took it home.

Edited by simplebro

Lazada.co.th is the big Thai online website, part of the Alibaba/AliExpress group.

You can order just about anything, including good price vibrators etc, on the web site. Means you avoid any customs' interest.

Get it delivered to your hotel etc -

Mr X. Monger (guest arriving date)

hotel address

Who can advise on how long to allow for delivery? I've read it is quick: how many days?

(Explanation. I've often bought from AliExpress but delivery to Australia is usually 4 or 5 weeks. If we can get reliable fast delivery in Thailand, much better).

Edited by Bonkabit

@Bonkabit Maybe 1-3 days if in country with 2 days being most common. If the Lazada page says something like "overseas shipment: 10-15 days" the quotes given are usually on the mark