IGNORED

mosquito bites

kasabian_geoff

I was told they are not really a problem before i went. My first night I went out shorts and shirt with no repellant, what a big mistake. MY hands and ankles the next day were covered in tiny little volcano like lumps which were insainley itchy. Once scrathed the heads came off and a mass of puss, non stop dripping like a tap. I got some cream from the pharmacy which seemed to help. After that I never left without repellant which seemed to do the job. Then the second to last night I was complacent and went out without it. Worst mistake ever, I must have been like a human bullseye for the little buggers.

What can i say? I must be very sweet haha

I always put on repellant(7-11 shop for 70bt) before leaving the room...Mosquitos are a very annoying little fuckers.

Garlic.....

this may also keep the vampires away, and the women :wacko:

I have pretty much tried everything and learnt that the only way to deal with it (you will never get rid of them 100%) is to use a combination of methods...

Spray your room when you go out in the evening

When at restaurants ask for the insence things that keep them away

Use 100% deet from amazon... Not the watered down shite

Wear long trousers where possible

Things that I tried and didn't work...

Covering bites with clear nail varnish to cut off the oxygen... Bollox

Eating marmite two weeks before flying

Cheap plug in things

Watered down bug spray (wipes also) they just aren't strong enough.

I never put repellent on, if they do bite it is just a couple when sitting at one of those outside bbq places. In Go Go's and walking around I never really get bitten. Were you sitting at an outside beer bar when you got bitten?

I never put repellent on, if they do bite it is just a couple when sitting at one of those outside bbq places. In Go Go's and walking around I never really get bitten. Were you sitting at an outside beer bar when you got bitten?

You are lucky, Mosquitos only goes for type of blood like mine. My Irish mate never had once bitten even without repellant .. Mosquitos have great sense of smell..

If you get bitten do not scratch it put on a product called "Tiger Balm" as it stops all the itching and is availale from most chemists. The other product i have used for protection against being bitten is "OFF" which is in an orange can which is made by Johnson & Johnson and is again available from most chemists.

Edited by overseas516

If you get bitten do not scratch it put on a product called "Tiger Balm" as it stops all the itching and is availale from most chemists. The other product i have used for protection against being bitten is "OFF" which is in an orange can which is made by Johnson & Johnson and is again available from most chemists.

Ok Doctor... :GoldenSmile1:

Ok Doctor... :GoldenSmile1:

No problem "Jockey King" did i tell you about my consultation fee. :GoldenSmile1:

Tiger Balm comes with a strong odour. For an odour-free post-bite remedy, try Fenistil gel (Dimethidene Maleate) - eliminates itching very quickly. Available in many chemists here in LOS.

No problem "Jockey King" did i tell you about my consultation fee. :GoldenSmile1:

Ha ha,,,,Anyway, I must take your advice in my little book, I always get bitten if I forget to put on repellent.. Thanks Oversea.

I am in country now and spent a couple of days in Pattaya. Although my girlfriend was attacked by the little buggers I still have not had a mosquito bite for the last 20 years or so. That also happens to be how long I have been taking Vitamin B6 on a daily basis.

Ha ha,,,,Anyway, I must take your advice in my little book, I always get bitten if I forget to put on repellent.. Thanks Oversea.

Get some Vit B complex and start taking them now before you travel in a few weeks, one a day, defiantly cuts down how many bites you get

Get some Vit B complex and start taking them now before you travel in a few weeks, one a day, defiantly cuts down how many bites you get

Really !!! Must investigate that ...Thanks

I have pretty much tried everything and learnt that the only way to deal with it (you will never get rid of them 100%) is to use a combination of methods...

Spray your room when you go out in the evening

When at restaurants ask for the insence things that keep them away

Use 100% deet from amazon... Not the watered down shite

Wear long trousers where possible

Things that I tried and didn't work...

Covering bites with clear nail varnish to cut off the oxygen... Bollox

Eating marmite two weeks before flying

Cheap plug in things

Watered down bug spray (wipes also) they just aren't strong enough.

I understand that eating marmite is desirable in any case, is that correct? :)

(just joking). Taking Vitamin B sounds worth a try.

The toad's legs don't work so now I'll try the bat's wings or maybe 'eye of newt'. :SoWhat1:

sgu_banner.gif

Vit B has no actual scientific proof that it does any good at all.

The best way tried and tested is eat garlic for a week before you go and just 100% Deet the shit out of yourself when there. They love me so I murder the little bastards :)

LOL I love marmite but it gets a bit boring every morning for three weeks especially as it doesn't bloody work!

Damnit! I thought this was a thread about tiny titties!

I agree as I have looked it up and only found some anecdotal evidence. Nonetheless, I used to get eaten alive by mosquitos like everyone else. I have not had a single bite in about 20 years and I have been all over the world. Often times I am right next to someone being devoured. There is only one thing I can think of that is different besides getting older. I started taking 100 MG of Vit B6 daily when this first started for reasons having nothing to do with mosquitos.

Damnit! I thought this was a thread about tiny titties!

Lol

Now those are the type of mosquito bites I really want to talk about and see also.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I agree as I have looked it up and only found some anecdotal evidence. Nonetheless, I used to get eaten alive by mosquitos like everyone else. I have not had a single bite in about 20 years and I have been all over the world. Often times I am right next to someone being devoured. There is only one thing I can think of that is different besides getting older. I started taking 100 MG of Vit B6 daily when this first started for reasons having nothing to do with mosquitos.

Many people are just not appetising to them it could be diet or richness of blood but unlikely its the B6. Go off them for 3 months and see what happens. You can call it scientific research for the team :)

imagesCATLJA9K.jpg

You are lucky, Mosquitos only goes for type of blood like mine. My Irish mate never had once bitten even without repellant .. Mosquitos have great sense of smell..

Must be the the Big Nose Jocky!

The best way tried and tested is eat garlic for a week before you go and just 100% Deet the shit out of yourself when there. They love me so I murder the little bastards :)

There is no scientific proof garlic works either lol, but I am telling you after 12 months of Vit B i rarely get bit, when others around me are, I used to get bit 3/4 times a day.

Its a patience thing, not going to happen overnight or a two week holiday, but it works over a long period, think about the Marmite claims, Vit B is the same thing