Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

mosquito bites

kasabian_geoff

Many people are just not appetising to them it could be diet or richness of blood but unlikely its the B6. Go off them for 3 months and see what happens. You can call it scientific research for the team :)

But my diet did not change when the mosquitos stopped biting! The diet has changed a lot in the last couple of years so as to moderate the weight and cholesterol, but this is long after the mosquitos stopped biting. The only obvious change occurring in my life when the mosquitos stopped biting was the beginning of a daily dosage of Vit B6.

But my diet did not change when the mosquitos stopped biting! The diet has changed a lot in the last couple of years so as to moderate the weight and cholesterol, but this is long after the mosquitos stopped biting. The only obvious change occurring in my life when the mosquitos stopped biting was the beginning of a daily dosage of Vit B6.

Whatever works for you mate keep doing it. I hate the little buggers, maybe the placebo effect gives you a don't fuckin bite me attitude 555

B6 never worked on me and like I said there is no evidence anywhere that it works it's just an old wives tale but if your nibble free then who am I too argue.

I will stick with tried and tested Deet I am frickin walking mosquito doom with that stuff. Never get bitten with it on always get eaten with it off.

Took the kids for a day on the beach last year. When we got home - it must have been the sea air or something, me the wife and our two girls all fell asleep on the sofa and didn't wake up til about 8 in the morning.

I had 22 mozzy bites on my legs but the wife and kids were untouched.

I guess mozzies must like me...

For after you've been bitten but the pharmacies are closed...

Rub toothpaste on the bites.

Works for me!

• 1 month later...

Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus is considered to be one of the most effective natural mosquito repellents, providing comparable protection to low concentrations of the toxic mosquito repellent DEET.

Other effective mosquito repelling oils include:

Oil of Citronella. The oil of citronella found in outdoor candles, torches and skin products provides a natural and fragrant way to keep mosquitoes at bay. Note: there is a chance that citronella can cause skin irritations in children and people with sensitive skin, especially if applied incorrectly.

Soybean oil (provided that you can find an organic non-GMO source). A study conducted by The New England Journal of Medicine found that soybean-oil-based repellents protected against mosquito bites longer than all other botanical repellents tested.

Lavender oil. Fragrant lavender oil repels mosquitoes and it can be found in a variety of natural skin care products.

Other tips for eliminating and avoiding mosquitoes

1. Avoid being outside during dusk and dawn hours when mosquitoes are most active.

2. If you're going to be outdoors for a long period of time, wear light colored long-sleeved shirts, long pants, shoes and socks that cover your skin. Tightly woven materials are best. Plus, be sure to wear light colored clothes, since mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors.

3. Avoid wearing fragrances (other than the oils listed above). Mosquitoes are attracted to fragrances, so it's a good idea to avoid wearing perfumes and scented products while you're outside.

4. Eat plenty of garlic. Garlic is released through the pores of your skin and the scent makes it harder for mosquitoes to find you and less likely to stay on your skin.

5. Plant mosquito-repelling plants. Bug-repelling plants such as marigolds, tansies, Thai lemon grass, citronella grass, catnip and garlic are excellent, natural mosquito repellents.

1. Avoid being outside during dusk and dawn hours when mosquitoes are most active.

4. Eat plenty of garlic. Garlic is released through the pores of your skin and the scent makes it harder for mosquitoes to find you and less likely to stay on your skin.

Source: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz24MHUm8fs

Useful information.

I understand that mosquitos carrying Dengue Fever bite during the day.

If marmite, Vit B6, garlic or other natural measures work, that would be more attractive than a commercial repellant.

Edited by CyberPro