IGNORED

Baht Bus Routes

Whipet

Hi All…..

Apologies if already posted somewhere…

Does anyone have info regarding the routes of the Baht buses around Pattaya ….If there is another thread would be grateful if someone could point it out.

I know there is one which basically does the circle of Second Road and Beach road … but any info on ones which may cover the LK Metro area back to Second rd / Beach rd or Walking St.

Was in Pats a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Mecure …. Ended up walking miles most of the time to get around ….

I know there are the bike taxis etc. but I’m a bit of a chicken shit when it comes to parking myself on the back of a bike ;-)

Will be back in a month or so and would rather use my energy in the press up area ;-)

Cheers

From L.K. Metro you could walk to Beach Road (10mins walk) and then get a baht bus.

Otherwise, take a bus from Soi Baukao and maybe change if it goes towards Big C or if it goes towards Soi 6.

I personally would walk all the way there, I usually go in October time so that weather is pleasant but I think it's too hot now, so I would take the moto taxis - they are not that scary.

Thanks Asif ....

I like to walk myself but last visit and around now rather humid ....

Walking from Mercure down to 2nd Road was no issue ... being half pickled most of the time getting from LK to 2nd rd was more of a challenge ... in hindsight should just have jumped on one of the buses going past .. which I think would be the Soi Baukao ones you mention ... once heading for Soi 6 I know I'm on the right track.

The cummulative effort of walking from the hotel to LK and then walking to Beach rd just was too much in the heat/humidity.

My wingman also tells me to stop being a pussy and get on the moto taxi ... :GoldenSmile1:

Will give it a go ..

Cheers

Edited by Whipet

You want to go to LK Metro, if your on Beach Rd get off Baht bus at Mikes walk through cross the road .

Walk up Soi Diana 150 meters.

Same same if on Baht bus on 2nd Road. Just get off at Mikes and x the road.

Only 5 minutes walking at most.

How easy is that.

Thanks Phil..... would help if I opened my eyes ;-)... can't see the wood for the trees ...

The key to getting used to riding on the back of motorbikes is keep doing it until it becomes comfortable. Unless you have your own transportation it's by far the quickest way to get anywhere and it's cheap as shit. Most of the guys in Patts drive pretty conservatively and they rarely have the opportunity in the city to drive crazy fast anyways. Just wear a helmet.

I thought Mercure had a free shuttle to 2nd rd?

I thought Mercure had a free shuttle to 2nd rd?

Correct it does ;-) .... To be honest I was more interested in the bus which may cover LK Metro area as well.