Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hilton Buffet Lunch Review.

Today I went to have lunch at the Edge Restaurant in the Hilton with 2 companions.

They have a buffet lunch every day with a different theme. Today (Thursday) was Asian noodles but there was other food to choose from. The selection was good, the food was excellent and the service was good with plenty of staff around to keep everything in order.

You can sit either inside or out, we sat inside, sea views as expected, the restaurant is in the 15th floor. You can get there by taking the lift from Central Festival to the 7th floor, then follow the signs for the lobby (16th floor), then take the lift from the lobby to the 15th floor, then just follow the signs for the Edge.

I had 1 noodle dish, a stir fried sea bass dish, chicken tikka masala and some small cakes for desert.

Sushi and salads were available, one of my companions had some sushi which I tried, it was good.

It was 380 baht per person (not including service charge of 10% and tax at 7%) which sounds like excellent value, drinks are not included although a small bottle of water each is included in the price.

The drinks are expensive, but no more than you would expect from a 5* hotel.

The 3 of us each had one drink, the bill came to 1600 baht so just over 500baht each.

As the bars will be closed on Saturday night I have made a reservation for dinner in the same restaurant. I didn't make a reservation for today, but it is probably advisable to do so at the weekend.

Friday seafood lunch buffet at 400 baht is a great deal can't beat the location.

That is excellent! Thanks for the info and I'm always looking for a different lunch option.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Thanks for the review, a must try venue on my next visit in October.

The sea food buffet for 400 Baht advised by nthn sounds like a good deal.

Sounds like a nice splurge meal. For about USD 15 per person you can do worse. I often spend over TBH 500 for a sushi lunch at Fuji so this would be well worth trying assuming the quality was good.

I do not at all mind spend a bit of cash for good food.

Most buffets are very average so thank you for highlighting a good one.

I had lunch/brunch there last Sunday with some friends. Sunday brunch runs from 12:00 to 15:30 and costs 1,200 baht net (including tax and service) with the option of a 700 baht wine buffet. Yes, it is expensive but the quality of the food was excellent. All of up opted to pass the wine buffet as we were still feeling a little fragile from the 2 previous nights. There is a selection of fresh squeezed (in front of you) fruit and vegetable juices which means you do not need to buy extra drinks unless you want something specific.

They had 6 different types of caviar with all the accompaniments, wonderfully fresh salmon, tuna, makerel sashimi. There was also an abundance of massive prawns and other seafood they grilled on the barbeque. There were some wonderful roast meats: standing beef rib roast, roast lamb, Chinese style roast duck, all accompanied by a variety of vegetables and gravy if desired.

Pizzas were coming out of the oven every few minutes and complimented the other array of on-site made breads.

There were more hot prepared dishes than anyone could really do justice to, including some Thai, Indian, Malaysian style. There was also a fresh som tam station where you could select exactly what you wanted included.

Of course there is a large selected of sweets ... and cheeses too.

The best part was that they had set aside an area in the restaurant which was staffed by three ladies to entertain the kids. They were having the kids make pictures and chocolate eclairs which kept them all very busy and made the whole experience better than in the kids were running around making a nuisance of themselves.

A little expensive, but a wonderful once-in-a-while treat!

-FL

Adding scan of the Hilton buffet offerings that I picked up while there. Since I haven't tried any of the other meals there, cannot comment on their quality, just posting the details of what they offer. Monday to Thursday and Saturday lunch is 380 baht inc tax and service, Friday seafood lunch is 420.

Lunch buffets

Hilton buffet dinner.jpg

Dinner buffet options

Hilton Buffet lunch.jpg

-FL

to anyone ???

what is the story on ...

dressed to be thrilled ?!?

meaning.

wearing only a smoking or casual decent bermuda's admitted ?

Can anyone tell me if Benny's buffet is still operating on Sunday's as I haven't been there for a while but last time I went it was around 1500 baht for all you can eat and drink, it's in the royal garden plaza building

Can anyone tell me if Benny's buffet is still operating on Sunday's as I haven't been there for a while but last time I went it was around 1500 baht for all you can eat and drink, it's in the royal garden plaza building

Benihana only does the Sunday brunch during higher season. I think it finished early April this year and will probably restart Sep/Oct depending on demand ... and chef Luis.

-FL

One of you says 380 plus taxes the other one says 380 including taxes

Which one is it guys?

All the amounts I have listed are Nett - meaning including tax and service. This is visible on the scanned image direct from the Hilton.

-FL

380 BHT is quite good price especially when all prices of buffets growth up in Patts last time. Normal buffet in Lek hotel 250 BHT for lunch. Only 130 BHT difference and glorious view is good value. Thanks for info.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Would love to stay in this hotel for a few nice days but so expensive.

A lunch trip sounds worth a look.

I went there for the Wednesday Italian Buffet and it was fabulous and you can't beat the price of 300 baht. My total bill was 360 baht but the extra 60 baht was for the bottle of water. Here are some photos that pretty much tell the story. Great food great price, highly recommended.

Wednesday Buffet Hilton Edge Restaurant:

P6121113.JPG

P6121114.JPG

P6121115.JPG

P6121116.JPG

P6121117.JPG

P6121118.JPG

P6121121.JPG

P6121112.JPG

P6121122.JPG

P6121123.JPG

P6121119.JPG

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Looks great!

The prices seem a value for the quality, especially in quantity, at a nice location with sterling service.

I'm big on good food, most especially when on holiday when I usually eat every three or four hours.

Fortunately Pattaya offers many types of great exercise, one in particular, to burn all the extra calories. As a result I always return home a bit lighter than when I departed. Of course having the metabolism of a Tasmanian devil on methamphetamine doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for sharing the reviews and pics,

Peace,

TM

to anyone ???

what is the story on ...

dressed to be thrilled ?!?

meaning.

wearing only a smoking or casual decent bermuda's admitted ?

euhh ? to anyone

whats the dress code ???

Sounds like a nice splurge meal. For about USD 15 per person you can do worse. I often spend over TBH 500 for a sushi lunch at Fuji so this would be well worth trying assuming the quality was good.

I do not at all mind spend a bit of cash for good food.

Most buffets are very average so thank you for highlighting a good one.

I had lunch/brunch there last Sunday with some friends. Sunday brunch runs from 12:00 to 15:30 and costs 1,200 baht net (including tax and service) with the option of a 700 baht wine buffet. Yes, it is expensive but the quality of the food was excellent. All of up opted to pass the wine buffet as we were still feeling a little fragile from the 2 previous nights. There is a selection of fresh squeezed (in front of you) fruit and vegetable juices which means you do not need to buy extra drinks unless you want something specific.

They had 6 different types of caviar with all the accompaniments, wonderfully fresh salmon, tuna, makerel sashimi. There was also an abundance of massive prawns and other seafood they grilled on the barbeque. There were some wonderful roast meats: standing beef rib roast, roast lamb, Chinese style roast duck, all accompanied by a variety of vegetables and gravy if desired.

Pizzas were coming out of the oven every few minutes and complimented the other array of on-site made breads.

There were more hot prepared dishes than anyone could really do justice to, including some Thai, Indian, Malaysian style. There was also a fresh som tam station where you could select exactly what you wanted included.

The best part was that they had set aside an area in the restaurant which was staffed by three ladies to entertain the kids. They were having the kids make pictures and chocolate eclairs which kept them all very busy and made the whole experience better than in the kids were running around making a nuisance of themselves.

The brunch is a bit of a treat like you said and I agree at 1200 but the lunch buffet is a bargain especially the seafood lunch. In most major metro areas in the U.S. a seafood lunch sized small entree would be $15 for a piece of tilapia or small shrimp or salmon or something not high end. To get all you can eat for that price is a steal in a Hilton. Now if we were talking about some greasy chinese other Asian buffet with there cheap seafood they by frozen in 50 pound boxes $15 would be high end. But that is for shrimp the size of your pinky finger at best or some unknown mystery fried fish or maybe some cheap mussels ect.

Anything Hilton IMHO would be of quality or the brand would object. Thank You for posting it I very much want to try it and will next trip. Thanks Again

I went there for the Wednesday Italian Buffet and it was fabulous and you can't beat the price of 300 baht. My total bill was 360 baht but the extra 60 baht was for the bottle of water. Here are some photos that pretty much tell the story. Great food great price, highly recommended.

Wednesday Buffet Hilton Edge Restaurant:

P6121113.JPG

P6121114.JPG

P6121115.JPG

P6121116.JPG

P6121117.JPG

P6121118.JPG

P6121121.JPG

P6121112.JPG

P6121122.JPG

P6121123.JPG

Thanks for the Awesome Pics Bro..... I am so there. But then hitting up some Good Quality Mexican Food at Tequila Reef is equally on the DO OFTEN LIST in Pattaya.

Today I went to have lunch at the Edge Restaurant in the Hilton with 2 companions.

They have a buffet lunch every day with a different theme. Today (Thursday) was Asian noodles but there was other food to choose from. The selection was good, the food was excellent and the service was good with plenty of staff around to keep everything in order.

You can sit either inside or out, we sat inside, sea views as expected, the restaurant is in the 15th floor. You can get there by taking the lift from Central Festival to the 7th floor, then follow the signs for the lobby (16th floor), then take the lift from the lobby to the 15th floor, then just follow the signs for the Edge.

I had 1 noodle dish, a stir fried sea bass dish, chicken tikka masala and some small cakes for desert.

Sushi and salads were available, one of my companions had some sushi which I tried, it was good.

It was 380 baht per person (not including service charge of 10% and tax at 7%) which sounds like excellent value, drinks are not included although a small bottle of water each is included in the price.

The drinks are expensive, but no more than you would expect from a 5* hotel.

The 3 of us each had one drink, the bill came to 1600 baht so just over 500baht each.

As the bars will be closed on Saturday night I have made a reservation for dinner in the same restaurant. I didn't make a reservation for today, but it is probably advisable to do so at the weekend.

Doesn't sound like such a great deal to me. But to each his own.

Doesn't sound like such a great deal to me. But to each his own.

Trust me and I like my food it is a great deal - but not somewhere you would go every day - perhaps a special occasion - or for a meeting - or taking someone who has not been to Pattaya before etc etc

Thanks for the Awesome Pics Bro..... I am so there. But then hitting up some Good Quality Mexican Food at Tequila Reef is equally on the DO OFTEN LIST in Pattaya.

Anytime my friend and thanks for the vote of confidence and support of Tequila Reef. Please be sure to post your experience, good or bad as we are always looking for constructive criticism. Cheers!

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

This is now definately another restraurant I will be adding to the places to visit in September.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

The views and the location and the food.....sounds awesome.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

OK the lunch time looks like the key for these buffet meals. I am looking forward to the seafood option

well looks great but like some one asked before here,what is the dress code?I

Archived