IGNORED

Tycoon Place

bromad1972

i stayed there last xmas, typical sort of room just a bit far up south pattaya road, in the evenings there never seems to be any baht buses about, however , there are a few moto taxis about. rooms are ok a little dark, pool is small but ok to chill out by and staff are friendly enough

I bet if the owner were to publicize the place on the business section here he might even get some extra custom!

As long as he's not silly enough to try and self publicize by pretending to be a customer he could do all right with the thousands of potential customers here.

If you try and lead people by the nose they tend to think 'fuck you' and give the place a bad name .

No one likes to be manipulated usually! :rolleyes: Unless it's the velvet hands of a bar girl! :wub:

I bet if the owner were to publicize the place on the business section here he might even get some extra custom!

As long as he's not silly enough to try and self publicize by pretending to be a customer he could do all right with the thousands of potential customers here.

If you try and lead people by the nose they tend to think 'fuck you' and give the place a bad name .

No one likes to be manipulated usually! :Chokdee: Unless it's the velvet hands of a bar girl! :P

I am not a shill. I saw this link on another forum and wanted to check it out and also wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about the place. I am a newbie to Pattaya but not to Thailand. Please do not mistake my lack of posts for dubious actions. I saw the Tycoon Place and wanted advice from other forum members. I am a lurker and I would rather keep my mouth shut unless I have something important to say.

Once again, any advice or knowledge of this place would be greatly appreciated.

babydollsaddict.gif

stayed there in february. clean rooms and friendly. would go too there very time. the only what you need is a bike because it is a little bit far outside. the prices is okay for what you get. also no problem to take a girl with you. have fun! :Chokdee:

never been there, but the rooms look good, and the price is ok, ill have 2 check it out

I stayed here for a month in June 07 & have booked in for another 5 weeks stay next week.

hotel is family ran & owned, very quiet location.

Rooms are of typical hotel standard, guest friendly, western & Thai restaurant, only thing missing was in room safes but has safe deposit boxes at reception.

I stayed here for a month in June 07 & have booked in for another 5 weeks stay next week.

Hotel is family ran & owned, very quiet location.

Rooms are of typical hotel standard, guest friendly, western & Thai restaurant, only thing missing was in room safes but has safe deposit boxes at reception.

Is it guest friendly? I saw pics on the site of some sort of shopping area. Was that on site or just a general pic to fill space on the site? Also if you could describe the other amenities if any. Also, things like distance to Walking Street, and other sites would be great.

Thanks in advance.

babydollsaddict.gif

Looked at their website. Looks like decent rooms, good location and decent rates. Anyone have any info about this place?

http://www.tycoonplace.com/

I've just saw this place as it was mentioned on the Phuket Info forum too. Could anyone please comment on the quality of the internet connection. Also, regarding the location, how long of a walk is it to get onto Pattaya South Road. I've stayed up in that area before, so I'd be fine with a brief walk to the road to catch a bus.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

i was considering about going there for a month in july-agoust and as i always hire a scooter the reports seems ok.

does anybody knows how many rooms the place have? because the website is very poor and they don't have a booking form to complete, so I presume everythingh is made at the moment of your arrival.

do you think if i just step in I'll find a room, considering the low season of 20 july to 20 agoust?

thanks for your help.

Pics of suit and rooms not available on site

Baht buses wait on the corner of Sai Song and Pattaya Tai for the run up to Sukhumvit and beyond.

It's not a long walk. Similar to the walk from Walking Street to the Royal Garden Plaza.

Thanks, Which corner?

I know the SE corner is the Jomtien queue.

Before I rent an apartment I need to find out if there's all night baht bus service. I won't ride mototaxis except in a rare emergency in Pattaya and teerak works at that intersection and needs to get home late everynight. If she can do so for 5-10 baht no problem but if I rented a place where she's taking a 50 baht mototaxi that's 1500 baht a month just for her trip home everynight.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

• 2 weeks later...

ok, thanks for the very usefull informations.

The place according to the reports seems very good value for money, guest friendly, average pool, silent during night time because is located on a secondary soi and big enough to find a room without booking in advance.

thanks again everybody and if somebody wants to add more details, he will do me a great favour.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Did a walk in and they had lots of rooms available, paid 700 baht/night. Good value for the baht. Its quiet and clean. Had no problems bringing a girl back even at 5:30am. No wireless, only have internet with LAN cable which they don't supply. 5 minute walk to Tukcom and for 90 baht you can buy a 3metre CAT5 cable. Overall its a good place to stay, if your familiar with this area but for a newbie, it'll take a day or two to get use to the area but after that, you'll be say "Who the F@ck you calling a Newbie? I know where I'm goin' " :07:

311151-65.jpg311151-66.jpg

311151-67.jpg311151-68.jpg

The View from the Balcony

311151-69.jpg311151-70.jpg

311151-71.jpg311151-72.jpg

Looks ok to me as a standard patt hotel in that price range similar to soi buakow hotels.

Is quiet place??? Has pool???

Lbs accepted there as some hotels dont allow em???

Thanks for pix and info in advance.

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Thanks for the pix, is the fridge standing on the floor? Its pretty big then?

No wifi, but I guess the connection are more reliable with cable?

Do they have Breakfast?

And no safebox in the room?

Looks ok to me as a standard patt hotel in that price range similar to soi buakow hotels.

Is quiet place??? Has pool???

Lbs accepted there as some hotels dont allow em???

Thanks for pix and info in advance.

Cheers

Compared to Soi Buakow hotels, it's slightly more in price but much less noise and traffic because it's on a inner Soi off South Pattaya Rd.

Yes there is a swimming pool.

Not sure about LB's.

Thanks for the pix, is the fridge standing on the floor? Its pretty big then?

No wifi, but I guess the connection are more reliable with cable?

Do they have Breakfast?

And no safebox in the room?

Yeah, the fridge is big and standing on the floor.

Connection was fast enough for me to download songs and videos.

No free breakfast but they do have food available next to the lobby area.

No safebox in room but deposit boxes at the reception.

Well thks Dre for the info/pix of this hotel.

Looks ok for the price and looks quieter area than soi buakow too.

Might send an email re; asking if guest friendly and Lb friendly.

Many thanks agin

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 1 month later...

stickyfingers: have u mailed them yet and get any answers?

could anyone please help me locate tycoon place on Pattaya Photo Guide?

• 4 weeks later...
stickyfingers: have u mailed them yet and get any answers?

could anyone please help me locate tycoon place on Pattaya Photo Guide?

sure, its the building at the end of the narrow street

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?vbtRUKnqkcYD8CAA

YNWASkål!

http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/23.jpg&text=I%27m%20back%20in%20Pattaya%2C%0Dwhere%20you%20never%20walk%20alone%20%3A%2D%29&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16711731&datesColor=0&year=2016&month=0&day=9&hour=11&minute=00&second=33&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

MySpace-Countdown-Clocks

Archived