IGNORED

Condoms and Cabbages

On the first day in Pattaya my GF and I met a Russian couple that lives in Pattaya. That night they took us to dinner at this place a bit off of the beaten path. It is on the Jomtien side I think. It was a really nice resort type of place with elaborate gardens and cottage type buildings. They have dining on an outside patio right on the ocean, the cuisine and the atmosphere were excellent and I will return to dine here every time that I v isit Pattaya at least one night each trip... The restaurant is called Condoms and Cabbages ,kinda funny name but its awesome,try it out ........... Don't remember the name of the resort through,some help please ? anyone know ?

Cabbage & Condoms at the Birds and Bees Resort.

Really Really want to like this place as the restaurant setting is fantastic, but the food is mostly disappointing (compared to similar places), and the service can be Very Thai.

Once a year I give it a try hoping that things have changed, but alas not.

The last time was maybe the worst when the steamed rice had been cooked for so long it was just a sludge ...... A Thai that cant cook rice baffles me.

I do like their Miang Kham though :

5464121544_8b5ae2beac_b.jpg

5464130360_790c8b028b_b.jpg

Edited by ChangFai

We went there last week, but only to their beach. I was told the food was good, but just ordered a club sandwich. I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary, but the thing came back with packet chips. For a restaurant, you should get proper chips, or french fries. But the walk through their resort was very nice. Beautiful place. Maybe the food is better if you sit in.

Nice place, for some romantic dinner. For me atmosphere and amazing sea view is more better than their food. Just few steps from Sapphire lodge.

You need to take the place for what it is and what is supports: giving people a chance who would otherwise not have a chance. Yes the service can be oridnary and the lunch time food menu has become very limited, but the setting is magnificent and I don't think that anyone could fault the causes that are supported by its profits.

-FL

been to one in the north east , great food, i remember something it being a charity , but not more than that

It good to know that there one there must try it when going to Sapphire Lodge

There is one in BKK also -- good place for a date, but can get hot/ no aircon. B

There's a restaurant of the same name on Sukhumvit in Bangkok too. (Probably the original?).

There is a story as to how it got its name, I don't remember it, but it out there on the 'net if you want to search it. It might even be on this forum.

There is one in BKK also -- good place for a date, but can get hot/ no aircon. B

I went to that one ,fancy place and just neat to be at . Good spot to put on your list of things to do in Thailand

None

Its a concept started by Khun Mechai. He is the person who almost single handedly educated Thailand about family planning as people were having more & more children, and not able to feed them. Yes there is a long way to go, but what he has done in this area is astounding. He tied in family planning successfully with education and providing opportunities in the rural areas.

The resort in Pattaya also houses a school, where the kids are from very poor villages. They have school, and also work in the garden where they are taught how to be more self sufficient. A lot (if I remember, 70%) of the vegetables/fruit served in the restaurant are from their garden, and the kids are given specific areas, also to be taught about responsibility. The idea is that they then transfer this knowledge back to their villages to help.

Certainly the service can be less than 100%, but the menus do clearly ask people to have a little patience as the wait staff are also all trainees. (Certainly no excuse for badly cooked rice of course).

I've eaten there many times and always enjoyed it. (Also check out the bathrooms). Talking to the kids is great, and you can really see how they grasp this opportunity fully.

Khun Mechai always struck me as a great person, humorous and inspiring in equal measure.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Yeah. The name definitely catches your eye. I caught the one on my recent trip to Bangkok. I made mention of it on my youtube video RICO IS TRIPPIN Thailand Ep 5 Pt 1.

RICO*GOLDSTAR

• 3 months later...

This place was amazing, go at sunset really really beautiful, food was good too, not pricey at all

• 3 weeks later...

Its a concept started by Khun Mechai. He is the person who almost single handedly educated Thailand about family planning as people were having more & more children, and not able to feed them. Yes there is a long way to go, but what he has done in this area is astounding. He tied in family planning successfully with education and providing opportunities in the rural areas.

The resort in Pattaya also houses a school, where the kids are from very poor villages. They have school, and also work in the garden where they are taught how to be more self sufficient. A lot (if I remember, 70%) of the vegetables/fruit served in the restaurant are from their garden, and the kids are given specific areas, also to be taught about responsibility. The idea is that they then transfer this knowledge back to their villages to help.

Certainly the service can be less than 100%, but the menus do clearly ask people to have a little patience as the wait staff are also all trainees. (Certainly no excuse for badly cooked rice of course).

I've eaten there many times and always enjoyed it. (Also check out the bathrooms). Talking to the kids is great, and you can really see how they grasp this opportunity fully.

Khun Mechai always struck me as a great person, humorous and inspiring in equal measure.

I have known of this place for a number of years many of my apartment customers have told me of it and the fantastic location. I have never felt the need to try it out however your summery of what it is has prompted me to try it out. Wisemonkey is one of my long term tenants who is very astute and "street wise in thailand" if he has posted a strong recommendation then I consider it worth a visit. I will visit soon.

JDM

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

Yeah. The name definitely catches your eye. I caught the one on my recent trip to Bangkok. I made mention of it on my youtube video RICO IS TRIPPIN Thailand Ep 5 Pt 1.

Nice photo Rico, if you had a glass of good brandy in your other hand and a girl between your legs it would be the PERFECT picture.

:GoldenSmile1:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.