IGNORED

Hotel in Bangkok around Nana st.

DanishFarang

stayed at majestic suites last trip, as stated, grear location good price girl friendly, good value overall. i would stay there again.

I have been to BKK three times and always stay in the Dynasty Inn for 1580 baht per night. Their rooms are modern with good air con, king size comfy bed, clean and right next door to Nana plaza. Staff are great for example one time I was supposed to stay there in between Phuket and Pattaya but ended up staying in Phuket another night. I had already paid for the night but they transferred it to another night I was staying there and hadn't paid for. In addition I still had luggage there but they arranged for the driver who picked me up from the airport to bring my luggage with him so I could go straight to Patts and not have to go via Nana to get my bags. Anywho there are a bunch of good hotels in the area I know but I will keep staying there. They also allow you to book over email and no deposit or payment is required until check out. Great if your plans change!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

:BJ4: Pattaya.... providing an alternate reality not to be found anywhere else :BJ4:

I stayed at the majestic grande a few months back great location and lady friendly

I stayed there in March and loved both the location and hotel. I;ve already booked for next trip.

Robw

• 2 weeks later...

Thnx so far - will look forward to the feedback on Omni Tower :)

After staying at Omni, here are my thoughts,

The hotel is very nice, and at the quiet end of Nana.

On arrival I was upgraded to a better room at no extra cost :)

Guests appear to be mainly Arabs, but this was no problem for me or my TGF. The pool had a hint of green when we first saw it, but was soon cleaned, and have seen a memo from the hotel saying that it will be closed for cleaning every tuesday morning from now on.

The security at the hotel was excellent with a guarded keycard entrance to the lifts.

The only downside for me was that the breakfast selection was very poor, so much so that although it was included in the price, we usually ate elsewhere after the first morning.

I would definately stay there again,

Earning money for my next Thai flight

• 2 weeks later...

@Pogo -->> Thnx for the review. Now I will go in my thinking mode and try to decide which one to choose from all of the advices here :)

@All of you-->> Thnx a bunch for the help. It is highly appreciated :)

My virgin 2011-trip report: The quest for cum - 2018-trip: What happens to plans .... - 2019-trip: How to use money - and other stuff

anyone know if majestic suites is lady friendly??

yes good hotel and lady friendly

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

There are some good hotels around soi 19 ASOKE skytrain station

which is the next stop down from NANA and is just a short walk away

it is also the soi before soi cowboy so you can have the best of both worlds

I have stay in sacha's uno hotel around 1500 b/night it is only a 2 minute walk too ASOKE station

and sams lodge is right next door 1000 b/night

both good hotels NO joiner fees and a good area

right in the centre of everything but nice and quite at night time

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

• 2 months later...

An update: Chose the Majestic Grande since it looked nice and got many good feedback on my question. Yet again - thank you for all that shared their intel with me :)

My virgin 2011-trip report: The quest for cum - 2018-trip: What happens to plans .... - 2019-trip: How to use money - and other stuff

at the moment the Grand Sukhumvit through Accor are having a 40% off sale.....best to book through their accor site

• 3 weeks later...

i always stay in nana hotel, never had a problem booking a room on their website (no deposits required).

never ever make breakfast, but do eat after a few beers (indian yellow curry mmmmm) in their restaurant.

the rooms are large but need a serious refurb.

all in all the attraction for me is the location, already looking forward to my next trip in december. :GoldenSmile1:

Thought the Nana hotel was a dump, switched the light on to find a coackroach on my pillow and 3 more scurrying on the floor, horrible. Old fittings in the bathroom etc. Not worth the money, but always seems full because of it's location. I like the pad thai in their restrurant though. The new rooms at the back of the nana tai hotel are good, breakfast not the best though. I like the Ibis soi 4, which is good value and clean. Tried the Ibis riverside as well, nice enough but quite a way out to get back to at night.

• 3 weeks later...

was the Ibis girl friendly though ? Maybe better to stay closer so theres no joining fee ?

BB

An update: Chose the Majestic Grande since it looked nice and got many good feedback on my question. Yet again - thank you for all that shared their intel with me :)

FYI .. The Majestic Grande and The Majestic Suites are two different hotels in close proximity.

http://www.majesticsuites.com

http://www.majesticgrande.com

The "Grande" is nice but more expensive (still reasonable). It's a high rise business hotel and is located on Soi 2 right next to the JW Marriott hotel. Both are great locations and guest friendly.

- Mark