IGNORED

Translation: "Kep thong"

Kkens

Anyone know what this expression means? I had this girl saying it to me over and over, I tried to ask what it ment but she refused to tell me in english. As far as I know, me and her were alright.... Thanks for any input :)

"Keptang" is same as "check bin" - bill. Keptang is less using and known than check bin. Keptang is using on a village.

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

"Keptang" is same as "check bin" - bill. Keptang is less using and known than check bin. Keptang is using on a willage.

I see :)

It does not make sense to me why she would ask me for a checkbin, mind you this was just after a nice roll in the hay and I had prepaid... Maybe she was asking me for my bill (fantasizing is good) lol :)

"Keptang" is same as "check bin" - bill. Keptang is less using and known than check bin. Keptang is using on a village.

actually keptung is the correct proper thai which translates to collect money

check bin is the village slang, though now widely accepted

I see :)

It does not make sense to me why she would ask me for a checkbin, mind you this was just after a nice roll in the hay and I had prepaid... Maybe she was asking me for my bill (fantasizing is good) lol :)

Keptang can be use as pay. If you want fantasize maybe she want you pay her for something. :P When you say in bat keptank is same as pay!

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Keptang can be use as pay. If you want fantasize maybe she want you pay her for something. :P When you say in bat keptank is same as pay!

I don't know, why would she refuse to tell me what it ment in english when I said I didn't understand... Oh well. Thanks for the translation though :)

Did she say "gep dtang" or "gep tong"?

Gep dtang has already been explained above, gep tong has several meanings depending on how it's pronounced.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Jep tong means stomache ache, although it woud be more usual to hear Bpuat tong

Jep tong can also mean giving birth as going into labour

Gep tong can mean "collect/keep gold"

Gep dtong means to take a percentage

Without context or the exact pronunciation it can be difficult to guess what she may be saying

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

I would say its "jep tong" stomach pain, bpuat tong means stomach ache IMO

I would say its "jep tong" stomach pain, bpuat tong means stomach ache IMO

I Agree "jep tong" many believe the stomach to be at the bottom of the abdomen. and therefore pain in that area is "stomach pain" as it was said after a good shafting then I suspect she was a little sore in this area.

As to not telling you in English I suspect she was unable to translate it into English.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

When I was a newb, I wanted to order bacon and eggs. I figured that they would understand that ham meant bacon, and I thought that I knew kai meant egg. However ham is slang for penis, and kai with the 'wrong' tone means testicles. I wondered - after paying my chek bin - why the Thais were all smiling at me!

Edited by hyku1147

Actually, Ham means genetalia, the whole package

Kai ham means testicles and is pronounced with exactly the same tone as Kai when referring to eggs.

I assume that as you paid your checkbin, you actually received ham/bacon and eggs and not testicles, that would mean that they understood what you wanted

Maybe they were smiling for another reason.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree - after a good shafting she was saying Jep tong -- stomach hurts instead of jep Hee = pussy hurts.

most likely

Condo for Rent starting Feb 2013 @ View Talay 1B 8,000 Bt long term.

https://sites.google.com/site/viewtalay1b/home

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

I agree - after a good shafting she was saying Jep tong -- stomach hurts instead of jep Hee = pussy hurts.

most likely

And to continue with that, hoi (or haawy) would be much a more commonly acceptable slang than hee, as they both can refer to the same thing, but the latter is very vulgar or crude. Haawy is most often is used in reference to a clam, shellfish or oyster, so it's not much of a stretch to understand why it's used.

Figured I'd toss that out there in the event someone didn't want to sound too crude.

Peace,

TM

most likely

Unlikely IMO - it's incorrect Thai grammar. Subject comes before the verb, so stomach hurts would be ท้อง (stomach) เจ็บ (hurt) or tong jeb.

Unlikely IMO - it's incorrect Thai grammar. Subject comes before the verb, so stomach hurts would be ท้อง (stomach) เจ็บ (hurt) or tong jeb.

My x always said Jep tong - jep hee - jep can - jep kaw - etc..

I don't think any thai is upset if you say hee - hugh hee laughing and smiling - just means i want some pussy. no insult that I know of.

you could say tong jeb - no problem however.

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

I don't think any thai is upset if you say hee - hugh hee laughing and smiling - just means i want some pussy. no insult that I know of.

you could say tong jeb - no problem however.

I didn't say that any Thai'd be upset, or insulted. I merely pointed out that it's a very low class way to refer to it and that that, hoi (or haawy) would be much a more commonly acceptable slang. Some girls we encounter in the P4P environment would either find hee acceptable themselves or refrain from correcting a customer on it due to his potential loss of face (ie. her income) or simply give credit for 'good enough' and not force the issue. I've had a couple of ladies, one in particular, whom I know very well that were both quick to correct me and note the difference before I simply stopped using hee altogether. They wanted me to speak such that I gave a good impression in knowing that hee was very trashy and not to use it.

Also jep, which can easily though mistakenly sound like jeb, means hurt in Thai, and hiu is hunger or appetite (or Desire, if you will) for something.

Per the OP:

Gep means to collect, or fetch. Dtang is a colloquialism for money. Hence gep dtang means "Check please". This would be usually be said when one has already placed the money with the bill and want it collected.

Thaawng means stomach. As BM Slacker stated, Thaawng gep is the only correct way to say my 'stomach hurts'. I'm thinking gep thaawng might be used when saying (something) hurt my stomach, but admittedly my Thai sentence structure could be failing on that.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

TM

Jep is also a sound that a baby chicken makes --- jep jep jep -----so it is quite a popular name for girls is thailand

your - hui - is pronounced - Hugh - like short for hubert --- no i sound on the end

hugh kow ---- im hungry

nice job - I am just starting to learn again - I'd like to take classes and learn to read a little.

Jep is also a sound that a baby chicken makes --- jep jep jep -----so it is quite a popular name for girls is thailand

That would be jiiap, which sounds very similar, especially to an untrained ear. But it is a different word altogether.

But nonetheless a popular nickname.

Peace,

TM

Actually, Ham means genetalia, the whole package

Kai ham means testicles and is pronounced with exactly the same tone as Kai when referring to eggs.

Thanks for that. I've heard so many farangs claim otherwise I actually thought of buying a hearing aid. Well ok, not quite :D , but I did ask several Thai friends and they confirmed what you say: it's the same tone.

I think here "jeb" is a noun, so it's just two nouns together. I asked a friend, she said both "jeb tong" and "tong jeb" are possible, but "jeb tong" is what is normally used. The most common word though is "bpuat tong", like Loong already said.

your - hui - is pronounced - Hugh - like short for hubert --- no i sound on the end

hugh kow ---- im hungry

nice job - I am just starting to learn again - I'd like to take classes and learn to read a little.

Looks like you'll need it :D How you think หิว should be pronounced as hugh is a mystery to me, so good luck to you!!

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Looks like you'll need it :D How you think หิว should be pronounced as hugh is a mystery to me, so good luck to you!!

Hi, confusion here is caused by a probable typo in Twisted Mike's post. It was written as Hui, whereas Hiu is closer to the correct pronounciation, but it's very difficult to transliterate this correctly - maybe Hiiuw?

Hugh is the way that most Farangs pronounce it.

Similar example is the Thai word for Soy sauce. 99.99% of farangs that order food fried with soy sauce will order "Put see yoo" instead of "Put see-iiuw"

I lived with my x for over 12 years - so I am just writing it the way she would say stuff.

(farmers daughter from lovely Burriram)

bpuat tong = sounds like boot? - like in (boot key - I have to poop)

since tong is stomach ? you use jepb tong or tong jeb - or bpuat tong

bpuat Hua = I got a head ach

bpuat kii or boot key = I gotta go #2 (take a shit)

Hiiuw Kow = same as I tryed to write = I'm hungry

In real life my pronunciation has been learned from listening to my x for many years.

nice job - I'm learning --- transliteration - ?

I want to learn to read at least a little bit.

Edited by kanderson